Eklund Rumor: Jake Muzzin to MTL

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Why trade a good offensive top4 D (Mete), and a 2nd for a guy that will be a UFA in 1.5 years and will ask for WAYYYYY too much money for what he brings to the table.

Habs are finnally looking like a team trending in the good direction with their young core. Trading Great young assets for an aging LHD that will command too much money is not somethign we should be doing

Because Mete probably won't be a good offensive D at the NHL level. And while top 4 is technically true, he's most likely going to be a decent #4 D that can compliment a shut down defender due to his speed and puck poise.

Habs have a really good young core but there is a huge hole on the left side. This team demands a minute eating LD to play with Weber and or Petry. A young core needs to feel success. Winning will make this team better. We are already the youngest team in the league (maybe 2nd youngest). Adding a veteran LD that can help this team win games now will go a long way. We'll see the effect of it beyond Muzzin's 1.5 years.

The worst thing that can happen to a young team is perpetually losing and missing the playoffs.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Poehling is a prospect who hasn’t proven ****. Lehkonen is a great young 2way top 6 player who is still breaking into the NHL, he’s only 23 and will become even much better.

Lehkonen is a 3rd liner who hasn’t proven ****. Poehling is a great young 2way top 6 player who is still breaking into the NHL, he’s only 19 and will become even much better.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Because Mete probably won't be a good offensive D at the NHL level. And while top 4 is technically true, he's most likely going to be a decent #4 D that can compliment a shut down defender due to his speed and puck poise.

Habs have a really good young core but there is a huge hole on the left side. This team demands a minute eating LD to play with Weber and or Petry. A young core needs to feel success. Winning will make this team better. We are already the youngest team in the league (maybe 2nd youngest). Adding a veteran LD that can help this team win games now will go a long way. We'll see the effect of it beyond Muzzin's 1.5 years.

The worst thing that can happen to a young team is perpetually losing and missing the playoffs.

You do realize Mete was sent to Laval because he was the only D that did'nt need to go through waivers right?

We need a LHD, but as far as i'm concern, Mete could very well play with Weber. Heck Kulak looks great next to Weber. What we need is keep staying on track, get a couple more top10 picks and then add veterans to the young core. Muzzin won't be here in 1.5years when Suzuki, Poehlin, Brook and our other young guns will come up. Why bother?? Unless Muzzin signs a deal along the lines of 4.5/5M$ a year, Habs won't be able to keep his services when they'll be realy ready to contend.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
You do realize Mete was sent to Laval because he was the only D that did'nt need to go through waivers right?

No, Mete was sent down because he needed to be. There is a reason he has the lowest time on ice of every defender to play for the Habs this year. Additionally, Mete is the longest player to go without a goal in Habs history.

We need a LHD, but as far as i'm concern, Mete could very well play with Weber. Heck Kulak looks great next to Weber.

Mete send down, yet Kulak called up.

What we need is keep staying on track, get a couple more top10 picks and then add veterans to the young core.

A top 10 pick is almost fantasy at this point.

Muzzin won't be here in 1.5years when Suzuki, Poehlin, Brook and our other young guns will come up. Why bother??
Because winning now, even if it's not a cup, is going to have positive lasting effects on the young players.

Unless Muzzin signs a deal along the lines of 4.5/5M$ a year, Habs won't be able to keep his services when they'll be realy ready to contend.
We are a long ways off having Muzzin related cap problems.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
What is the value of Poehling, Suzuki, Mete ...

The question is: Does the Habs really need Muzzin by giving a Prospect and a draft pick.... NO.

Dont need a player for making the playoff and dont have to make the playoff this year , Habs need young players...

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Lehkonen is a 3rd liner who hasn’t proven ****. Poehling is a great young 2way top 6 player who is still breaking into the NHL, he’s only 19 and will become even much better.

Lehkonen is a top 9 40 point player at 23 years old. Hes solid and he works just as hard as gallagher most the time.. What are you talking about. He will never be a 70 point player but there is potential for 50+ a season or two. That proves alot.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Lehkonen is a top 9 40 point player at 23 years old. Hes solid and he works just as hard as gallagher most the time.. What are you talking about. He will never be a 70 point player but there is potential for 50+ a season or two. That proves alot.
Apparently Poehling has shown more than him, but has never worn the jersey lol.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

The post was about context. If you are going to say that Poehling has less value because he hasn't proven anything, then don't don't attribute top 6 value to Lehkonen. Don't ignore Poehling's upside when comparing value while pumping up Lehkonen's. Pretty simple. Lehkonen has proven to be a good young NHL player. A 3rd liner. He has 2nd line upside, I'm not saying he doesn't.

But the poster I've been responding too got his back up at the audacity that I dare offer Lehkonen in a trade while himself offering Poehling. I don't think their value is that different. And despite not proving anything at the NHL level, I think Poehling has a higher ceiling at a premium position vs Lehk.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
The post was about context. If you are going to say that Poehling has less value because he hasn't proven anything, then don't don't attribute top 6 value to Lehkonen. Don't ignore Poehling's upside when comparing value while pumping up Lehkonen's. Pretty simple. Lehkonen has proven to be a good young NHL player. A 3rd liner. He has 2nd line upside, I'm not saying he doesn't.

But the poster I've been responding too got his back up at the audacity that I dare offer Lehkonen in a trade while himself offering Poehling. I don't think their value is that different. And despite not proving anything at the NHL level, I think Poehling has a higher ceiling at a premium position vs Lehk.
You must not read our main boards because the people watching him closely see a very solid 3C. It’s a stretch to think he will be a 2C with the offense he is showing. You’re way to high on Poehling, he’s not going to become a Ryan Kessler.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Apparently Poehling has shown more than him, but has never worn the jersey lol.

:facepalm: I've never said he's (Poehling) shown more. Not once. I said, and will continue to say, that you attribute value to Lehkonen that he hasn't shown (that of a top 6 winger) while at the same time calling out Poehling for not yet showing value. Do you not see the double standard there?

If Poehling's potential doesn't hold value in your eyes, than neither should Lehkonen's. And when talking specifically about the top 6 that's all either player has. Potential.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
:facepalm: I've never said he's (Poehling) shown more. Not once. I said, and will continue to say, that you attribute value to Lehkonen that he hasn't shown (that of a top 6 winger) while at the same time calling out Poehling for not yet showing value. Do you not see the double standard there?

If Poehling's potential doesn't hold value in your eyes, than neither should Lehkonen's. And when talking specifically about the top 6 that's all either player has. Potential.
Experts are projecting Poehling to be a very solid 3rd line Center.

Lehkonen is a budding core player for us right now who is having a breakout season despite being snake bitten for the first 15-20 games of the season.

It’s one or the other for a Muzzin package, you don’t get both.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Id do Poehling, Fleury, Alzner (25% retained) and a 3rd for Muzzin

Alzner at under 3mil is not bad and he's been playing well in the Ahl. If the kings are rebuilding Poehling and Fleury would be a great start and as much as it sucks to lose Poehling and Fleury we get a great top 4 LD and cap relief isn Alzner going forward.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Alzner at under 3mil is not bad and he's been playing well in the Ahl. If the kings are rebuilding Poehling and Fleury would be a great start and as much as it sucks to lose Poehling and Fleury we get a great top 4 LD and cap relief isn Alzner going forward.
Love it. Works great for both sides.

No retention needed though.

member 88115

Maybe if you added 2, 1st round picks. In all seriousness, LA is not drafting two-way forward in their 1st or second pick. I get nobody is trading those prospects, which is why LA should be looking for 1st round pick for 2019.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
You must not read our main boards because the people watching him closely see a very solid 3C. It’s a stretch to think he will be a 2C with the offense he is showing. You’re way to high on Poehling, he’s not going to become a Ryan Kessler.

I always wantes ryan kesler.

But we also didnt know pacioretty would become a consistent 35+ goal scorer so who knows until hes with the club too though right.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

Well saying that lehkonen hasnt proven shit is a little forward thats all.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

I also havent followed poehling at all. But i wasnt not discrediting his value or potential.

Personally i am more interester in potential gem Romanov.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Habs have tried to get Centers for a long time. So Suzuki, Poehling, Kotka, wont go anywhere... unless someone give them a top 1 or 2 center.

Jul 6, 2016
More realistically, Muzzin will be dealt to Leafs for Gardiner +

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->