Eklund Rumor: Jake Muzzin to MTL

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
LA fans are saying 1st+forward prospect...so we have guys like Engval/Grundstrom/Moore as left wingers..,.SDA as a center...depends on what they are looking for.
Well there you go LA. The Leafs have offered exactly what your asking for.
To LA ...Leafs 1st and one of Engval/Grundstrom/Moore or SDA
To the Leafs...Muzzin.
Deal or no deal?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Petry will get 50+ points this season, something Muzzin has never done and will never do. Petry is the better offensive player RIGHT NOW no question. Muzzin the better defender I agree.

You can't say that for sure. Anything can happen. He's never proven that he can hit 50 points. Petry's highest point total is 42 points. He has never hit 50 points. Shit...he only hit over 30 points once. Muzzin has hit over 40 points 3 times. The only thing Petry has better going for him offensively is his team scoring.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You can't say that for sure. Anything can happen. He's never proven that he can hit 50 points. Petry's highest point total is 42 points. He has never hit 50 points. ****...he only hit over 30 points once. Muzzin has hit over 40 points 3 times. The only thing Petry has better going for him offensively is his team scoring.
Petry is half way there with 25 points in 33 games. He has 49 games left to get the next 25 points.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
I will give an honest response...no jokes, no BS. Right now the Habs look like a playoff team...5 points separatiin from the closest team and playing above what most thought. I think if that continues, MB changes direction and shoots to make the post season. The Habs could use a solid LHD...and a mid 1st+ might be something MB considers.

If the Habs could add both Muzzin and Brodin without touching their roster, and without losing both Poehling AND Suzuki, they could be a sleeper cup contender so long as Price shows up. Our offense is firing well, and we at one point were leading the league in High Danger SA.

Muzzin - Josh Brook + 2019 1st

Brodin - Poehling, 2020 2nd + something --- not sure what the something should be though... Would also take the Corpse of Ryan Suter over Brodin if it was workable, he and Weber reuniting as our top pair until they turn into old immobile men would be fun to watch.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Petry is half way there with 25 points in 33 games. He has 49 games left to get the next 25 points.

That's great but all I'm saying is that past seasons dictate that won't happen. So guaranteeing that he'll get 50 is not that logical. Until he gets there it's just fantasy. Like I said before...he's only hit 40 once. Every other season he can't get over 30. I hope for habs fans that he hits that, but I wouldn't guarantee anything until he does it once.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
That's great but all I'm saying is that past seasons dictate that won't happen. So guaranteeing that he'll get 50 is not that logical. Until he gets there it's just fantasy. Like I said before...he's only hit 40 once. Every other season he can't get over 30. I hope for habs fans that he hits that, but I wouldn't guarantee anything until he does it once.
And once he does hit it, then what?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
If the Habs could add both Muzzin and Brodin without touching their roster, and without losing both Poehling AND Suzuki, they could be a sleeper cup contender so long as Price shows up. Our offense is firing well, and we at one point were leading the league in High Danger SA.

Muzzin - Josh Brook + 2019 1st

Brodin - Poehling, 2020 2nd + something --- not sure what the something should be though... Would also take the Corpse of Ryan Suter over Brodin if it was workable, he and Weber reuniting as our top pair until they turn into old immobile men would be fun to watch.

I would give Mete before Brooks. I sse Brooks as a definite replacement for Petry and maybe even Weber. He is almost untouchable for me and i would certanly not give him for a 30 yo D with one year remaining on his contract.

I really don't think going for both Muzzin and Brodin is a good idea but if it were the case, these would be my offers :

Muzzin for Mete + Mtl/Cbs 2019 2nd + Hudon

Brodin for Poehling + 2020 1st + Schlemko OR Suzuki + 2nd + Schlemko

And i think the Brodin deal would go down this summer as Minn is in the same situation as Mtl (playoffs contenders) and have a lot of injuries on D.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Mete or Lehkonen are probably the centerpiece of a Muzzin trade. Probably one of Reilly/Hudon/Schlemko/Benn are included as well. Then a 1st, a 2nd, or both in some combination over the next two drafts.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Mete or Lehkonen are probably the centerpiece of a Muzzin trade. Probably one of Reilly/Hudon/Schlemko/Benn are included as well. Then a 1st, a 2nd, or both in some combination over the next two drafts.

Habs are not giving Mete, a 1st, a 2nd, and another roster player for an aging #3-4.

2nd + Cale Fleury? I'd be ok with that, but anything highr and it's not worth it for a guy that will be on the wrong size of the 30's next year and askign for a HUGE raise (prob 6M+ I guess).

If any of ; Mete Suzuki, Poehlin or Brook is asked in a deal for Muzzin, MB should hang up the phone right away. Muzzin has been great playing with one of the ebst d-man of the past decade, not going to be the same in MTL

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Habs are not giving Mete, a 1st, a 2nd, and another roster player for an aging #3-4.

2nd + Cale Fleury? I'd be ok with that, but anything highr and it's not worth it for a guy that will be on the wrong size of the 30's next year and askign for a HUGE raise (prob 6M+ I guess).

If any of ; Mete Suzuki, Poehlin or Brook is asked in a deal for Muzzin, MB should hang up the phone right away. Muzzin has been great playing with one of the ebst d-man of the past decade, not going to be the same in MTL

It's fine to think that the price is too high, but all you have to do is look at past trades to get an idea of value. Decent prospect, average roster player, 2nd round pick is generally the minimum re: Kris Russell, with Prospect, roster player, 1st, 2nd being the top end re: Keith Yandle.

Muzzin should return something in the middle of that.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
It's fine to think that the price is too high, but all you have to do is look at past trades to get an idea of value. Decent prospect, average roster player, 2nd round pick is generally the minimum re: Kris Russell, with Prospect, roster player, 1st, 2nd being the top end re: Keith Yandle.

Muzzin should return something in the middle of that.

For a contender giving away a pick between 25-31, obivously. Habs 1st will be between 10-20 at worst. Muzzin isn't worth that kind of return.

Fleury + 2nd means you're getting a good prospect and a good pick. More then that and Habs will decline.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
For a contender giving away a pick between 25-31, obivously. Habs 1st will be between 10-20 at worst. Muzzin isn't worth that kind of return.

Fleury + 2nd means you're getting a good prospect and a good pick. More then that and Habs will decline.

Fleury and a 2nd is an embarrassingly low offer for Muzzin that you in all fairness, you shouldn't have even bothered to suggest. It's beyond the realm of possibilities from an LA standpoint. It may be your line in the sand for the Habs, which is fine, but it's so far away from a realistic offer that could be accepted from an LA standpoint that it wouldn't even generate discussion.

The Habs finishing out of the playoffs, while possible, is more and more unlikely by the day. Habs would be 2nd in the Metro right now, so would the Bruins. So even if the 3 highest point teams on the outside looking in go on a run, as of today they are pushing out metro divisional teams and not wildcard teams. It's more than likely that the Habs are picking in the 20-23 range, even with a first round exit.

Ideally, in my book, we give up a Mete/Lehkonen, and are able to hold onto our first rounder. It might not be possible depending on what LA's line in the sand is or their other offers. But if we could make a deal that was along the lines of Mete/Lehkonen + Hudon/Reilly + 2nd I'd be estatic. If it had to be a 1st I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Muzzin fills a huge need that shorter than 3+ years isn't going to be filled effectively internally.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Fleury and a 2nd is an embarrassingly low offer for Muzzin that you in all fairness, you shouldn't have even bothered to suggest. It's beyond the realm of possibilities from an LA standpoint. It may be your line in the sand for the Habs, which is fine, but it's so far away from a realistic offer that could be accepted from an LA standpoint that it wouldn't even generate discussion.

The Habs finishing out of the playoffs, while possible, is more and more unlikely by the day. Habs would be 2nd in the Metro right now, so would the Bruins. So even if the 3 highest point teams on the outside looking in go on a run, as of today they are pushing out metro divisional teams and not wildcard teams. It's more than likely that the Habs are picking in the 20-23 range, even with a first round exit.

Ideally, in my book, we give up a Mete/Lehkonen, and are able to hold onto our first rounder. It might not be possible depending on what LA's line in the sand is or their other offers. But if we could make a deal that was along the lines of Mete/Lehkonen + Hudon/Reilly + 2nd I'd be estatic. If it had to be a 1st I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Muzzin fills a huge need that shorter than 3+ years isn't going to be filled effectively internally.
Lehkonen isn’t being traded for Muzzin, go suck a lemon.

We aren’t trading away young solid goal scoring 2 way roster players for Muzzin.

Poehling+2nd+Shlemko, that’s the deal.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Why trade a good offensive top4 D (Mete), and a 2nd for a guy that will be a UFA in 1.5 years and will ask for WAYYYYY too much money for what he brings to the table.

Habs are finnally looking like a team trending in the good direction with their young core. Trading Great young assets for an aging LHD that will command too much money is not somethign we should be doing

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Aren't we full of ourselves. I say that minimum is one of Mete/Lehkonen, Schlemko, and a 2nd get your garbage response, yet less than a page back you are offering Poehling and the same.
Lehkonen >>> Poehling

Lehkonen is a great roster player for us, Poehling is a mistery. Plus we have plenty of centers now.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Lehkonen isn’t being traded for Muzzin, go suck a lemon.

We aren’t trading away young solid goal scoring 2 way roster players for Muzzin.

Poehling+2nd+Shlemko, that’s the deal.

That fine. I'd probably make that deal too. But in my opinion, you are giving up more than I offered. Undervaluing Poehling or Overrating Lehkonen, probably both. Which makes me laugh that you came at me with attitude.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
That fine. I'd probably make that deal too. But in my opinion, you are giving up more than I offered. Undervaluing Poehling or Overrating Lehkonen, probably both. Which makes me laugh that you came at me with attitude.
Poehling is a prospect who hasn’t proven shit. Lehkonen is a great young 2way top 6 player who is still breaking into the NHL, he’s only 23 and will become even much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad