- LA are shopping one of there D
- Muzzin was in the Pacioretty trade
- MTL is one of the team with the most cap space
- They are rumors that MTL are interest in Muzzin

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Well you aren't going to get a legit top4 D for scraps this isn't EA Sports.

Habs management team needs to decide whether they want to rebuild on the fly or accumulate high draft picks while rebuilding through the lottery draft. I haven't seen many success stories over the last decade that have a hybrid of both those things. Carey Price is in his 30's , Petry is 29 and Weber is 33 , the window to salvage this core is over the next couple of years or you have a lot of solid vets you need to replace , while not having any top picks while you remain "competitive".

In my opinion , being a team in the middle (not bad enough to tank , not enough high talent to compete) is the worst position in the modern NHL. I don't know how anyone can support such a strategy when they see cup winners left and right built around an elite core of top drafted players. That's the thing , everybody thinks they are the exception to the rule , but I will never root for the least likely scenario, it's purely illogical.
Lmao!! You're asking for Brooks and Fleury?? For muzzin? Basically could be potential top 1-2 and potential top 4 d??? Lmfao!! You gotta be shutting me and all that for muzzin? Wow hahhahahaa

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Lmao!! You're asking for Brooks and Fleury?? For muzzin? Basically could be potential top 1-2 and potential top 4 d??? Lmfao!! You gotta be shutting me and all that for muzzin? Wow hahhahahaa

I'm a Habs fan , those players haven't even made the NHL yet and there are no guarantees. I would take a proven top4 D in Muzzin over the potential on Brooke since the Habs need to compete in the near future. Unless we believe our current D prospects will replace an aging Weber?

Something like Brooke , Hudon , 2nd could make sense.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I'm a Habs fan , those players haven't even made the NHL yet and there are no guarantees. I would take a proven top4 D in Muzzin over the potential on Brooke since the Habs need to compete in the near future. Unless we believe our current D prospects will replace an aging Weber?

Naa Brooks is off the picture, I indicated 'potential' in there.. and no way over price for a washed up player now

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Naa Brooks is off the picture, I indicated 'potential' in there.. and no way over price for a washed up player now

Isn't Petry playing his best hockey while being over a year older than Muzzin? Or did I not watch all the Habs games this year? :sarcasm:

No need to devalue other teams assets to make ours look better , it's going to be ok.
Brooke looks promising but when you have an aging number 1 D and no real replacement all while having a star G in his 30's. The time to make a splash is over the next couple of years , rebuilding on the fly rarely works and no team in the NHL has yet to win a cup in that fashion (over the last decade+).

Reactions: go4hockey

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal

Never.... i would never put Brooks in a deal for Muzzin or a 30 year old defenseman...

Habs are not in a position to buy player with prospect like Brooks.... Habs need younger players for the future.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Never.... i would never put Brooks in a deal for Muzzin or a 30 year old defenseman...

Habs are not in a position to buy player with prospect like Brooks.... Habs need younger players for the future.

We're one the youngest teams in the NHL...
We need proven talent to have a chance to do well or change strategy and tank , half-measures don't work.

Reactions: stanley25

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Isn't Petry playing his best hockey while being over a year older than Muzzin? Or did I not watch all the Habs games this year? :sarcasm:

No need to devalue other teams assets to make ours look better , it's going to be ok.
Brooke looks promising but when you have an aging number 1 D and no real replacement all while having a star G in his 30's. The time to make a splash is over the next couple of years , rebuilding on the fly rarely works and no team in the NHL has yet to win a cup in that fashion (over the last decade+).
You mention aging when muzzin is very much aging lol

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Muzzin will cost way more then we can releaistically afford to pay right now. We need futures, not quick patches to give us a better chance at a wildcard. Bergevin and his staff can be idiots, but I think even they can see that at this point.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Would be a mistake to move Fleury or Brook, theyre both gonna be studs.

I would move Fleury + for Muzzin. The current Habs team won't be a lottery team with Weber and Price healthy now. Might as well try to balance out our team while also keeping the best prospects to fill out the other spots.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yep.

Fleury + 2nd or something along those lines would work. More then that and it's not worth it for the Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad