Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I think you need to get JDB with someone that he can feed off of. Give him someone like Coyle whose a more explosive player compared to Krejci, and let JDB feed off that energy. Nothing against Krejci, he just plays a more methodical game and I think JDB would be better suited playing on a more uptempo line. Heinen could actually compliment Krejci well IMO.

You will get to see that scenario tonight with Krejci out injured. DeBrusk - Coyle - Ritchie will be the second line.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Really not impressed with him.... AT ALL.

I don’t think it’s overreacting to question his effort tonight. Especially in that shootout attempt.

Happy birthday... step your ****ing game up.

Reactions: BMC

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
Debrusk did have one hell of a backcheck on Stamkos and he does get to the front of the net on PP
but god is he streaky

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I look at the bright side - not going to get paid

I like Jake he brings passion, heart and goals although very streaky, but he's still young, and he could be the answer to the Bruins secondary scoring by shipping him out in a package for a stud RW.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I like Jake he brings passion, heart and goals although very streaky, but he's still young, and he could be the answer to the Bruins secondary scoring by shipping him out in a package for a stud RW.

Amazing thought process, why didn't anyone else think of this before?!?! Let's trade away our 2LW to fit the hole on the 2RW. Then we have a full 2nd lin.....wait a minute....

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Really not impressed with him.... AT ALL.

I don’t think it’s overreacting to question his effort tonight. Especially in that shootout attempt.

Happy birthday... step your ****ing game up.
So I guess you missed his effort on that back check, either that or you are just hard to please

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Then what happens to the hole at LW you just created?

The Bruins depth on Left-wing is deeper than on the right-side, so to me if you can package Debrusk a left-winger and acquire a stud RW you do it. I feel Bjork is more than ready to step in and play a top six role, his only problem has been that he hasn't been able to stay healthy the last couple of years, but he's the wild card and if he doesn't take off, but i think he will, you have Heinen who's without question can play a top six role and is better right now than any Bruin RW not named Pastrnak.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The Bruins depth on Left-wing is deeper than on the right-side, so to me if you can package Debrusk a left-winger and acquire a stud RW you do it. I feel Bjork is more than ready to step in and play a top six role, his only problem has been that he hasn't been able to stay healthy the last couple of years, but he's the wild card and if he doesn't take off, but i think he will, you have Heinen who's without question can play a top six role and is better right now than any Bruin RW not named Pastrnak.

Bjork needs to prove he can:

1.) Stay Healthy

2.) Produce consistently at the NHL level

He is not even close to being a suitable option to make trading DeBrusk "ok". Their LW depth jsn't crazy deep.

Marchand? Self-explanatory
Heinen? Love him but he's not a Top 6 LW at this point.
Nordstrom? 4th liner
Lindholm? 4th liner/13th forward only

Bjork? Questions about staying healthy and if he can consistently produce at the NHL level
Lauko? Not Ready
Carey? 4th liner in the NHL

Am I missing anyone? I'm sorry but you're robbing Peter to pay Paul in a situation where you're trading DeBrusk for a RW. Add to DeBrusk instead of moving him. You're just moving the hole.

Reactions: Lo97 and Skelen

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
So I guess you missed his effort on that back check, either that or you are just hard to please
One play. Anything else?

Wake me up when he gets another point. 1 assist in 7 games. -4. ZERO points 5 on 5

I don’t think I’m hard to please. I think it’s ok to get frustrated with a guy who gets top six minutes, top power play time and really has nothing to show for it.

As for the effort comment- it’s intangibles in his game since the start of the season that piss me off. Mainly his one on one battles and rushes. It’s been rough. I know he’s better. We’ve seen him better. He needs to be better.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
One play. Anything else?

Wake me up when he gets another point. 1 assist in 7 games. -4. ZERO points 5 on 5

I don’t think I’m hard to please. I think it’s ok to get frustrated with a guy who gets top six minutes, top power play time and really has nothing to show for it.

As for the effort comment- it’s intangibles in his game since the start of the season that piss me off. Mainly his one on one battles and rushes. It’s been rough. I know he’s better. We’ve seen him better. He needs to be better.
You bring up his points, how many points do his line mates have, for that matter how many points does any player outside of the first line and Krug have, wake me up when someone besides those four get on the scoreboard.

This place seems to have a need to pick apart certain players and give free passes to others, the TEAM is 5-1-1 which means they are doing pretty good yet some need a whipping boy to flog.

DeBrusk was solid all night, no points but was effective on the PP and even strength. But I guess if it is not him it is Heinen or Ritchie or someone other than the first line. I have no concerns about DeBrusk, the goals will come, about the same time as they do for every one not playing on the first line.

Can’t wait for Bjork to arrive, my guess is it will take 5 games or less before he gets crapped on because he is no different than anyone they have outside the first line.

Personally, happy with the team and effort to this point, all players included.

Reactions: maxl7

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
You bring up his points, how many points do his line mates have, for that matter how many points does any player outside of the first line and Krug have, wake me up when someone besides those four get on the scoreboard.

This place seems to have a need to pick apart certain players and give free passes to others, the TEAM is 5-1-1 which means they are doing pretty good yet some need a whipping boy to flog.

DeBrusk was solid all night, no points but was effective on the PP and even strength. But I guess if it is not him it is Heinen or Ritchie or someone other than the first line. I have no concerns about DeBrusk, the goals will come, about the same time as they do for every one not playing on the first line.

Can’t wait for Bjork to arrive, my guess is it will take 5 games or less before he gets crapped on because he is no different than anyone they have outside the first line.

Personally, happy with the team and effort to this point, all players included.

In fairness we're 5-1-1 on the backs of the top line, the goalies, and the D. I think it's fair to say secondary scoring is absolutely abysmal. And its been a problem for a bit now.

We've been talking about fixing the middle six for going on a year.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
In fairness we're 5-1-1 on the backs of the top line, the goalies, and the D. I think it's fair to say secondary scoring is absolutely abysmal. And its been a problem for a bit now.

We've been talking about fixing the middle six for going on a year.
Can’t argue with that except I think it has been over a year.

Sweeney doesn’t like to give up prospect or he hasn’t been offered anything to entice him, either way they are what they are. Not much offence coming from the D except Krug and that is mainly due to his PP TOI.

I have faith Sweeney will fix it, it is not like he can’t see the lack of offence. Just not sire when he will get it done. This team is a contender and came as close as a team can to winning the cup last year without actually winning it, so I can understand is hesitation.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bjork needs to prove he can:

1.) Stay Healthy

2.) Produce consistently at the NHL level

He is not even close to being a suitable option to make trading DeBrusk "ok". Their LW depth jsn't crazy deep.

Marchand? Self-explanatory
Heinen? Love him but he's not a Top 6 LW at this point.
Nordstrom? 4th liner
Lindholm? 4th liner/13th forward only

Bjork? Questions about staying healthy and if he can consistently produce at the NHL level
Lauko? Not Ready
Carey? 4th liner in the NHL

Am I missing anyone? I'm sorry but you're robbing Peter to pay Paul in a situation where you're trading DeBrusk for a RW. Add to DeBrusk instead of moving him. You're just moving the hole.

I guess the bottom line here is, Im not as high on DeBrusk as you are and I wouldn't call him a stud/elite LW.

He's a good winger, but at this point in his career, I don''t put him in the elite level and if I can move him in a deal for a Tarasenko, Boeser, Lainne, Rakell, Seguin,or a Hall I do it. Would I rather keep DeBrusk and still be able to add that elite/stud RW sure, but I'm not so sure it can be done.

He's a good player, but he's not a game changer at this point in his career and as far as Heinen goes, I think he's more than Capable of filling a top six role, better than any current RW on the Bruins not named Pasta right now, so I don't see how this would be robbing Peter to pay Paul, you would be acquiring a better player than DeBrusk to play second line RW and his replacement on the Left-side would be better than any current Bruin RW not named Pasta.

DeBrusk is a good player, but he's not in the class as these Right wingers and Im not going to include Ovi,Kucherov,Stone Marner and Ranaten on the list because their not going anywhere and Hall would have to be a sign and trade.

Debrusk - krejci - Ritchie
Debrusk - Krejci - Kuhlman

or

Heinen/Bjork - Krejci - Boeser
Heinen/Bjork - Krejci - Hall

No-Brainer for me, but its all a pipe dream anyways, because only one of those wingers, who I could possibly see being moved is Hall, and that's more than likely towards the deadline. Although you never know, but with the Bruins off to a real good start,they can afford to take their time and see what the deadline brings, especially how well it panned out for Sweeney and the Bruins a year ago.

Last edited:

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I guess the bottom line here is, Im not as high on DeBrusk as you are and I wouldn't call him a stud/elite LW.

He's a good winger, but at this point in his career, I don''t put him in the elite level and if I can move him in a deal for a Tarasenko, Boeser, Lainne, Rakell, Seguin,or a Hall I do it. Would I rather keep DeBrusk and still be able to add that elite/stud RW sure, but I'm not so sure it can be done.

He's a good player, but he's not a game changer at this point in his career and as far as Heinen goes, I think he's more than Capable of filling a top six role, better than any current RW on the Bruins not named Pasta right now, so I don't see how this would be robbing Peter to pay Paul, you would be acquiring a better player than DeBrusk to play second line RW and his replacement on the Left-side would be better than any current Bruin RW not named Pasta.

DeBrusk is a good player, but he's not in the class as these Right wingers and Im not going to include Ovi,Kucherov,Stone Marner and Ranaten on the list because their not going anywhere and Hall would have to be a sign and trade.

Debrusk - krejci - Ritchie
Debrusk - Krejci - Kuhlman

or

Heinen/Bjork - Krejci - Boeser
Heinen/Bjork - Krejci - Hall

No-Brainer for me, but its all a pipe dream anyways, because only one of those wingers, who I could possibly see being moved is Hall, and that's more than likely towards the deadline. Although you never know, but with the Bruins off to a real good start,they can afford to take their time and see what the deadline brings, especially how well it panned out for Sweeney and the Bruins a year ago.

Not 1 winger on that list you made is being moved. Hall can be had for free is FA, giving up assets for him is stupid. JD is fine, he's without his center, who he scored 2 goals with before they were taken away, and the rest of the team outside the first line isn't doing anything either point wise. So maybe rant on about the team as an overall instead of DeBrusk who's still young and being juggled all over the lineup with DKs absence.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Not 1 winger on that list you made is being moved. Hall can be had for free is FA, giving up assets for him is stupid. JD is fine, he's without his center, who he scored 2 goals with before they were taken away, and the rest of the team outside the first line isn't doing anything either point wise. So maybe rant on about the team as an overall instead of DeBrusk who's still young and being juggled all over the lineup with DKs absence.

You don't get it all. Your the only one ranting here,no one else is.

I like Debrusk and he has value and if the bruins are going to fix their second line woes they need to trade valuable assets. If they can do it without moving Jake great, but my post was I'd move him for a stud RW/Winger, maybe none of those guys are attainable then logic says you don't move him. This isn't rocket science.

Jake being juggled all over the line-up which games are you watching? How do you know Hall can be had for free? He's FA that means every team can bid on is services not just the Bruins, and its far from stupid to give up assets for an elite player like Taylor when its a sign and trade, stupid would be not trying to acquire him, because you think you can get him for free in the off season and pass up a chance to make your team a whole lot closer to winning the cup this year.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

Yes and Gretzky,Esposito, Seguin, Hall, Kessel, Vorachek, Ryan Orielly and Ryan Johansson will and have never been traded. Your a fool if you don't make phone calls and the poster stated he would trade Debrusk in a package for an elite winger and basically if the bruins are going to acquire one the first two names that opposing GM's are going to throw Sweeneys way are DeBrusk and Carlo. I for one would much rather keep Carlo.

The definition of stupid would be, not to try and bring in Hall because you think you can get him for free at the end of a season ,when your team is this close to the Stanley Cup. You don't wait if a deal can be made. Sure closer to the deadline he'll come cheaper, but what makes you think someone else doesn't offer up a better deal, ala Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad