Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
In this day and age with all we know about concussions, what the he** is the medical staff doing allowing him to "play through it"? Gone are/should be the days where players were told to shake the cobwebs off and get back out there.
This really pisses me off.

Our staff knows better than this. Our players know better than this. It should never have happened. No excuse.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I will die on the 2015 draft was a good one hill.

I wouldn't go that far at all. Once again, a historical draft with the typical one pick per round it would be a great draft to have DeBrusk and Carlo.

The way it went down in hindsight and at the time with Senyshyn is indefensible. The Bruins had three chances at top tier talent and came away with one (Debrusk) The end. Zboril is an example of the draft not always working out. Senyshyn is an example of a team losing common sense for a night.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This really pisses me off.

Our staff knows better than this. Our players know better than this. It should never have happened. No excuse.

Totally agree, again, with all we now know about brain injuries and the technology to detect them, there is absolutely not one excuse for allowing a player, any player on any team to step near the ice until his brain is healed. Disgusting really

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I will die on the 2015 draft was a good one hill.

Normally it would qualify as good one but when you have 13th,14th,15th in the 1st round and then 37th 45th and 52nd in the second round it's meh at best. Time will tell and it very well could be a good one but so far it's a soft meh to me considering the picks they had. Especially when you look at what they could have had.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I just hope the kid heals up nicely this summer. I wanna see him have a long, solid career in hockey.

And f*** Kadri. I don't care if he's with Toronto, Colorado or somewhere else. I'm always gonna be hoping someone pastes him good for the rest of his career after the past few playoff series between these two teams.

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
Love this kids energy and ability to create chances on his own, but I really hope rediscovers his passing game and can find a balance.
At least once a game he'd bust out a Savvy-esque pass that would always lead to a scoring chance i hear ya. Just wait till Jake gets to his mid twenties and puts on some man weight and muscle. Friggin kid is barely legal age to buy a beer in the states!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Love this kids energy and ability to create chances on his own, but I really hope rediscovers his passing game and can find a balance.

he struggles for stretches with focus IMO and he goes stretches of games where I literally don`t even notice him.

There are games where we immediately see him playing with a purpose, engaged in the play. He`ll never be a guy who races around banging bodies each and every shift but when he`s playing with that purpose, it`s hardly a shock to see him pop a goal or make that nice pass. He`s still so young, learning about bringing that consistent level of focus every night.

Terrific guy to have on the team though, real nice pick from the draft everyone hates:laugh:

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I find it hard to believe the Bruins let him play concussed. I know the comment people are referring to when they think that, but I believe the comment Debrusk made was misinterpreted. It just doesn't make sense. It would have been a bigger deal if it came out that the Bruins just completely ignored the league's concussion protocol

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'll defend Neely on a lot of things but that's a jerk thing to say. And I don't see how it motivates anyone.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Funny how he flies under the radar here -

What’s his next contract going to look like?

He’s got the numbers to cash in for sure and seems like he’s a great kid with a good approach to the game and the organization. But sit still feels like somethings missing (consistency?).

Think he gets a bridge or do they have him already as part of the long term core?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Funny how he flies under the radar here -

What’s his next contract going to look like?

He’s got the numbers to cash in for sure and seems like he’s a great kid with a good approach to the game and the organization. But sit still feels like somethings missing (consistency?).

Think he gets a bridge or do they have him already as part of the long term core?
Not consistent at all. I would bridge him for sure.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He hasn't looked the same since he got concussed by Kadri. It's still early in the season, but hopefully he can start building some momentum.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Concerning that he's six games in with nothing in the production account. Very concerning.

I really hope that concussion wasn't far more serious than he's let on. But at some point he's gonna have to get one buried. The top six cannot revert to being a Top 3, with two third lines and a fourth line. That's just gonna prevent Boston from getting anywhere further down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad