Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think this kid is the beezzz kneeeez and we’ve made more posts about the ex Bruin Hamilton this summer than we have about poor ole Jake here

Offensive output if he plays up the line up all year - 25 goals 30 assists

I could see a season like that for JDB. It will be interesting to see who is on the RW, because that will be a factor into assist totals.

Reactions: PelleLindbergh

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I could see a season like that for JDB. It will be interesting to see who is on the RW, because that will be a factor into assist totals.

Personally I think if this team wants to spread the scoring out and be harder to contain, Pasta and Krejci showed this summer they have a lot of chemistry. I’d put him there and Donato with Bergy for the first 10 games, see how it goes

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Personally I think if this team wants to spread the scoring out and be harder to contain, Pasta and Krejci showed this summer they have a lot of chemistry. I’d put him there and Donato with Bergy for the first 10 games, see how it goes

I'm on board with Pastrnak to the 2nd line with DeBrusk and Krejci. I'll say that I'd prefer Heinen with Marchand/Bergeron, but whoever is there, just spreading the scoring out could work. They tried it in the beginning of the season with Bjork.

Reactions: Grimey

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I'm on board with Pastrnak to the 2nd line with DeBrusk and Krejci. I'll say that I'd prefer Heinen with Marchand/Bergeron, but whoever is there, just spreading the scoring out could work. They tried it in the beginning of the season with Bjork.

Heinen plays really well with anyone, love that about him as a player. I wouldn't mind to see him with 63+37 but wouldn't hate keeping him on the third line. Wouldn't mind an experiment of:

63-37-10/17
74-46-88
43-42-10/17
20-52-14

Guys like Cehlarik may push for a spot as well. Who knows?

I don't know if Backes can/will play C but I'd like to think he could handle 3C duties. Keep in mind I'm no expert by any means haha

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
what do you think Debrusks offensive output this year is?
Provided he plays the full season, stays on the second line, and has an above average RW I think 55-65 points is not unreasonable to expect. I'm expecting a whole lot out of him this season based on how he played last season in the regular season and the playoffs. This kid is very very good.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Heinen plays really well with anyone, love that about him as a player. I wouldn't mind to see him with 63+37 but wouldn't hate keeping him on the third line. Wouldn't mind an experiment of:

63-37-10/17
74-46-88
43-42-10/17
20-52-14

Guys like Cehlarik may push for a spot as well. Who knows?

I don't know if Backes can/will play C but I'd like to think he could handle 3C duties. Keep in mind I'm no expert by any means haha

Backes playing C for this year makes the lineup just make so much more sense.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`m far less concerned about the numbers he puts up because I think he`s a guy who will post some decent stats without a ton of issue, the areas I want to see him improve upon though is his defensive zone awareness and reacting more quickly in his own zone. Now, before everyone jumps on me for, gawd forbid, speaking one bit of negativity about Jake, this isn`t a criticism, it`s clear he`s a kid who is coachable, works hard and appears by all accounts to be someone who wants to continue to get better.

My personal "binkie" Heinen had some rough offensive stretches last season but always maintained a high level of defensive play. With Jake, if he wasn`t involved offensively, I found it affected his defensive game, hardly a shock to see a young player have ups and downs with consistency, he`ll be fine

Chip off the Rohloff

Jul 4, 2018
I`m far less concerned about the numbers he puts up because I think he`s a guy who will post some decent stats without a ton of issue, the areas I want to see him improve upon though is his defensive zone awareness and reacting more quickly in his own zone. Now, before everyone jumps on me for, gawd forbid, speaking one bit of negativity about Jake, this isn`t a criticism, it`s clear he`s a kid who is coachable, works hard and appears by all accounts to be someone who wants to continue to get better.

My personal "binkie" Heinen had some rough offensive stretches last season but always maintained a high level of defensive play. With Jake, if he wasn`t involved offensively, I found it affected his defensive game, hardly a shock to see a young player have ups and downs with consistency, he`ll be fine

I had similar concerns about Debrusk's 200 foot game last year. But, given how much he improved his game last season, I have high confidence he will figure a lot of that out this season. Debrusk seems like a very teachable player and will push himself to develop this side of his game. If Debrusk improves his defensive side of his game as much as he has his offensive toolbox, I could see Debrusk being a great penalty killer for the team for years to come.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Sophomore slump.
He will be the add to dump Backes before American Thanksgiving.
The end is near.
Jake Debust.
:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad