Jaden Schwartz??? Where are you?

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
He was the Blues best player last season, nearly PPG. Head scratching for sure.

Schwartz and Fabbri will not be Blues to start next season.
I would be shocked if either of them get moved barring some massive steal of a trade. It's poor asset management to move guys when they are at or near their lowest value unless they are aging, and both of them are still under 27.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
He was the Blues best player last season, nearly PPG. Head scratching for sure.

Schwartz and Fabbri will not be Blues to start next season.

Why would they trade them? There's more value in trying to get them back on track than what we would get in a trade at their lowest point.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I would be shocked if either of them get moved barring some massive steal of a trade. It's poor asset management to move guys when they are at or near their lowest value unless they are aging, and both of them are still under 27.
I think it's very possible Fabbri gets moved although I'm not sure what value he has at this point. He has to pass thru waivers and hasn't been able to beat guys like Sanford, Maroon, MacMac and Blais for ice time. He is probably still getting some strength back, but at some point you got to be able to contribute. Maybe it makes sense to keep him around on a cheap deal in hopes he gets back to where he was, but at some point there could be an opportunity cost to keeping him on the roster over other players.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I think it's very possible Fabbri gets moved although I'm not sure what value he has at this point. He has to pass thru waivers and hasn't been able to beat guys like Sanford, Maroon, MacMac and Blais for ice time. He is probably still getting some strength back, but at some point you got to be able to contribute. Maybe it makes sense to keep him around on a cheap deal in hopes he gets back to where he was, but at some point there could be an opportunity cost to keeping him on the roster over other players.
Fabbri's potential to return to something close to pre-injury Fabbri is worth more than what we'd get for him in a trade. Knowing how hard of a worker Fabbri is, I'd like to see what he does this summer and to get another look at him next year. When I've seen him play this year, his lack of success didn't seem to be related to his injury. He looked slow in his decision making and ability to read plays. That has more to do with being away from the game for nearly 2 years, and it's got to be hard to get back into the swing of things when you're in and out of the lineup like he has been. It's also unlucky for him that the year he returns we are much deeper at forward and guys like Sundqvist, Thomas, Barbashev, Blais, and MacEachern have all taken a step forward. It's hard to justify playing him when those guys are playing like they are. I truly believe that Fabbri would benefit most from simply playing, it's just been difficult to have him in the lineup consistently.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

Fabbri isn’t a grinder. The four youinclude in your post are players that are bottom 6. They are role players and grinders, Fabbri isn’t trying to beat them out as they have different games. He is going to slide in for Steen or Schwartz.

I am not sure he can beat out schwartz assuming he returns to form next year.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I want to give Fabbri every chance we possibly can to find his game again, but I'm just not sure we have an open spot in the lineup for him.

LW - Schenn, Schwartz, Steen, Blais, Sanford, MacEachern
RW - Tarasenko, Perron, Kyrou, Sundqvist

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I want to give Fabbri every chance we possibly can to find his game again, but I'm just not sure we have an open spot in the lineup for him.

If he has to be an extra forward again then so be it. There’s still some value in that for now.

I think the Blues can basically keep the same team next year.

Schenn-ROR-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Bozak-Kyrou
Steen-Thomas-Perron
Mac-Barbashev-Sundqvist
Blais/Fabbri

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
If he has to be an extra forward again then so be it. There’s still some value in that for now.

I think the Blues can basically keep the same team next year.

Schenn-ROR-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Bozak-Kyrou
Steen-Thomas-Perron
Mac-Barbashev-Sundqvist
Blais/Fabbri
I don't know how that helps him or us. He is not going to find his game sitting in the press box, and the longer he sits the less value he has.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

Training camp is a long ways away. Fabbri is an exceptionally hard worker, I wouldn't be surprised if he started turning heads again in September. Steen has been aging, Sanford hasn't shown he can stay in the lineup, and Blais/MacEachern I wouldn't trust above the 4th line when we're healthy. We shall see. Who knows, maybe we have some injuries in the playoffs and Fabbri brings some of that 2016 magic.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Training camp is a long ways away. Fabbri is an exceptionally hard worker, I wouldn't be surprised if he started turning heads again in September. Steen has been aging, Sanford hasn't shown he can stay in the lineup, and Blais/MacEachern I wouldn't trust above the 4th line when we're healthy. We shall see. Who knows, maybe we have some injuries in the playoffs and Fabbri brings some of that 2016 magic.
I hope he does I will always be a Fabbri fan. I would certainly rather have him than Steen next year, but realistically we are not getting out of that contract. Just to be clear I'm not saying all the guys I listed are better than Fabbri, just that our roster is very crowded with bottom six wingers.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri is a guy I'd like to see rotated in for Steen on some night. The guy has to get some game time. I'd like to see him knock Maroon out now. I know the stats say Maroon isnt exactly killing us but he's not helping from what I'm seeing. Get Fabbri in there with a couple skilled guys, give him a few games.

I dont think you can scratch Schwartz, his production isnt good but I still see a guy that "could" flip the switch, he's making plays that's almost great, but he's a half step off his timing.

Full disclosure I havnt read anything besides the last page

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't know how that helps him or us. He is not going to find his game sitting in the press box, and the longer he sits the less value he has.
What other choice is there? If he’s not playing well, he doesn’t get gifted a spot. It’s not his fault but that’s how it is. So I’d say having him as an extra forward is very beneficial to us in case he does get hot. No other team will have a guy like that they can insert in the lineup after an injury.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What other choice is there? If he’s not playing well, he doesn’t get gifted a spot. It’s not his fault but that’s how it is. So I’d say having him as an extra forward is very beneficial to us in case he does get hot. No other team will have a guy like that they can insert in the lineup after an injury.
Tampa...
They've got an AHL team full of them :laugh:

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Trade for the highest pick someone will give. I wouldn't trade him in the offseason because it's definitely possible he comes into camp next year looking great, but if he doesn't crack the lineup, I think it benefits both Fabbri and us to trade him to a team that can give him consistent playing time. It's very possible that we could be the "losers" of that trade and he turns into a quality player again, but if we can't fit him in the lineup there's no way that will happen here.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I've said it a few times but Fabbri would have absolutely benefited from the AHL this year.
I don’t know, sometimes I wonder if he’s having recovery issues. It’s like last week, it seemed like the speed he once had was coming back and then he was penciled in for like the 3rd or 4th game in a row and then boom, Blais gets an emergency call up and goes in for Fabs. I think there’s something about Fabs health that’s hush hush.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don’t know, sometimes I wonder if he’s having recovery issues. It’s like last week, it seemed like the speed he once had was coming back and then he was penciled in for like the 3rd or 4th game in a row and then boom, Blais gets an emergency call up and goes in for Fabs. I think there’s something about Fabs health that’s hush hush.
It could be, but I dont think there's a reason to keep it hush hush. He may just be having a harder time recovering from game to game. So 3 or 4 games in a row may feel like a month of heavy play to his body. It's all speculation.

I just feel of the guys not playing and a couple that are playing, Fabbri has the ability to offer the most. I'm a broken record with this but I just dont see managements fascination with Maroon. His possession is a joke as it amounts to nothing, and from reading what some point and the beat writers, that's his only contribution.

This is gotten fairly off topic from the husk of Schwartz. If he was going, this team would be dangerous as hell

Reactions: shmotz

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
It could be, but I dont think there's a reason to keep it hush hush. He may just be having a harder time recovering from game to game. So 3 or 4 games in a row may feel like a month of heavy play to his body. It's all speculation.

I just feel of the guys not playing and a couple that are playing, Fabbri has the ability to offer the most. I'm a broken record with this but I just dont see managements fascination with Maroon. His possession is a joke as it amounts to nothing, and from reading what some point and the beat writers, that's his only contribution.

This is gotten fairly off topic from the husk of Schwartz. If he was going, this team would be dangerous as hell

Yeah, Schwartz playing to his size now. Not good at all.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad