Jaden Schwartz??? Where are you?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
well its turkey day and hes still a unproductive glass cannon

army, package him and 27 into a blockbuster trade for equal or better value. a old fashion hockey trade is what we want.
Brouwer <-> Oshie type of trade?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Rumor has it that he's a high scorer on Fortnite, but that it is taking a toll on his hockey productivity. A friend of a friend of an uncle told me so.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBluePenguin

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
When Schwartz is at his most effective, he is almost impossible to separate from the puck.

To my eyes, he is losing possession far more than usual this year. I don't know if it's a hand-eye issue or if he is step slow making it easier to close on him...just not sure.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
The only thing I can think of when I read the thread title.

2n9vkv.jpg

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Schwartz is an enigma of a player. I personally believe his injury history is catching up with him this season, maybe he needs to get healthy.

This is what I'm afraid of that is happening more so the fact most of his injuries have been ankle or lower body that one would think will start effecting your speed quicker than just aging.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
This is what I'm afraid of that is happening more so the fact most of his injuries have been ankle or lower body that one would think will start effecting your speed quicker than just aging.
Simple broken bones don't typically have long term effects like that, given proper healing and rehabilitation.

It's not like he's been wrecking ligaments, severing tendons, tearing muscles, or otherwise damaging his soft tissues...at least, not to the best of our knowledge, anyway.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
He's a streaky player that broke up a lot of cold streaks with injuries so you forget about it and just worry about him getting back to high form as recovery and not part of his streaks.

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
Armstrong was on KMOX tonight. They hinted that Jaden has a hand/wrist injury from taking a Tarasenko wrist shot in that area. Said he will be out at least a couple of more weeks and obviously won’t make the road trip this week. If it’s his wrist these fractures can take several weeks to heal fully. Also stated that he is “week to week”.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Armstrong was on KMOX tonight. They hinted that Jaden has a hand/wrist injury from taking a Tarasenko wrist shot in that area. Said he will be out at least a couple of more weeks and obviously won’t make the road trip this week. If it’s his wrist these fractures can take several weeks to heal fully. Also stated that he is “week to week”.
damn that sucks if true

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Schwartz is an enigma of a player. I personally believe his injury history is catching up with him this season, maybe he needs to get healthy.
He's the best damn player on the Blues. He'll be back and he'll kick his current funk. How quickly people forget.

Reactions: Apitheous

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Jaden '60-game' Schwartz. If he could stay healthy he'd be tremendously valuable...but as it is, he's only ever productive for half the season. A quarter of the season he's out injured and the other quarter he's dealing with the effects/rust as a result of that injury. You know as soon as you move on from a guy like that, he'll put up 6-straight seasons of somehow playing 82-games, but his absence is crushing when he's being counted on to do his share of the heavy lifting.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Jaden '60-game' Schwartz. If he could stay healthy he'd be tremendously valuable...but as it is, he's only ever productive for half the season. A quarter of the season he's out injured and the other quarter he's dealing with the effects/rust as a result of that injury. You know as soon as you move on from a guy like that, he'll put up 6-straight seasons of somehow playing 82-games, but his absence is crushing when he's being counted on to do his share of the heavy lifting.
Yeah, that's pretty much how it is for every good player. Thing is, good players still get injured anyway. I would not be the least bit surprised if he didn't break a bone every season from here on out. I mean, would anyone be if they really thought about it? It sounds silly to even suggest it out loud. Or have we reached the point where we think an unfortunate streak of broken bones means other completely unrelated significant injuries are inevitably going to follow? That sounds silly on the face of it, too.

Personally, I hate this narrative that's cooking up around him. Just one of many I hate at the moment, actually, but whatever. I'm getting more and more tired of even acknowledging them.

If the fans wants to "play" down to the level of their team, I suppose that's only fitting. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that's appreciating the irony. (That's not directed at you personally. It's just a general expression of frustration.)

Reactions: Celtic Note

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Yeah, that's pretty much how it is for every good player. Thing is, good players still get injured anyway. I would not be the least bit surprised if he didn't break a bone every season from here on out. I mean, would anyone be if they really thought about it? It sounds silly to even suggest it out loud. Or have we reached the point where we think an unfortunate streak of broken bones means other completely unrelated significant injuries are inevitably going to follow? That sounds silly on the face of it, too.

Personally, I hate this narrative that's cooking up around him. Just one of many I hate at the moment, actually, but whatever. I'm getting more and more tired of even acknowledging them.

If the fans wants to "play" down to the level of their team, I suppose that's only fitting. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that's appreciating the irony. (That's not directed at you personally. It's just a general expression of frustration.)
Unless he has osteogenesis imperfecta. In that case, yeah, I think he'll keep breaking bones every season.

Reactions: EastonBlues22

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

Ok.

All good players don’t get hurt and miss significant time each year, so this post didn’t start off strong. The point about him getting traded and suddenly becoming an Ironman was tongue-in-cheek about the Blues fans being unlucky in general, and it would only be fitting to see it unfold, just as you’ve got to leave STL to win a Cup.

Whatever narrative you may think is being played up around him that somehow reflects poorly on the fans I must not be seeing. His injury history has become an annual event and the team is suffering from his inability to stay healthy. Whether it’s dumb-luck, 100% coincidental or the acts of a spiteful hockey god is irrelevant. The guy regularly misses long stretches of time. That’s not some unfair narrative and it’s not some attempt to thrown him under the bus. It’s adversity that this club has handled poorly. The team needs him and availability is a desired ability.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Ok.

All good players don’t get hurt and miss significant time each year, so this post didn’t start off strong. The point about him getting traded and suddenly becoming an Ironman was tongue-in-cheek about the Blues fans being unlucky in general, and it would only be fitting to see it unfold, just as you’ve got to leave STL to win a Cup.

Whatever narrative you may think is being played up around him that somehow reflects poorly on the fans I must not be seeing. His injury history has become an annual event and the team is suffering from his inability to stay healthy. Whether it’s dumb-luck, 100% coincidental or the acts of a spiteful hockey god is irrelevant. The guy regularly misses long stretches of time. That’s not some unfair narrative and it’s not some attempt to thrown him under the bus. It’s adversity that this club has handled poorly. The team needs him and availability is a desired ability.
I didn't say it happened to every player every year. I can't believe I even have to say this, but it doesn't happen to Jaden Schwartz every year, either. So when you say it happens "each year," that's simply an untrue narrative. Objectively false.

Why shouldn't we be surprised to see him rip off six relatively healthy years moving forward? He's already had six relatively healthy years in a row in his hockey career, from his USHL days through 2014-15. Would it be that shocking if he did it again? It shouldn't be, because as has been mentioned before, broken bones aren't generally chronic injuries. Why don't all those healthy years factor into this narrative? Recency bias? Because it's little comfort given the frustrations of the moment?

So, yeah, he's had a bit of run of bad luck recently with some injuries. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it can happen to anyone, and it frequently does. Coming down on him for that is, for the lack of a better term, silly...as is discounting the underlying cause(s) for those injuries as somehow being irrelevant to the discussion. Do you think he's at risk for re-breaking his leg? Is he significantly more at risk than anyone else from taking a puck off the foot? Those are clearly relevant questions if you're worried about him missing future time because he's missed past time recently.

If you think you can forecast Schwartz' general availability next year, or the year after, or whatever with any more accuracy than you can predict the next guy's, I believe pretty strongly that you are wrong. There's nothing about Schwartz's injury history, or what we know about sports injuries in general, that justifies pegging him as being some sort of lock to continue suffering freak acute injuries on an annual basis moving forward.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I didn't say it happened to every player every year. I can't believe I even have to say this, but it doesn't happen to Jaden Schwartz every year, either. So when you say it happens "each year," that's simply an untrue narrative. Objectively false.

Why shouldn't we be surprised to see him rip off six relatively healthy years moving forward? He's already had six relatively healthy years in a row in his hockey career, from his USHL days through 2014-15. Would it be that shocking if he did it again? It shouldn't be, because as has been mentioned before, broken bones aren't generally chronic injuries. Why don't all those healthy years factor into this narrative? Recency bias? Because it's little comfort given the frustrations of the moment?

So, yeah, he's had a bit of run of bad luck recently with some injuries. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it can happen to anyone, and it frequently does. Coming down on him for that is, for the lack of a better term, silly...as is discounting the underlying cause(s) for those injuries as somehow being irrelevant to the discussion. Do you think he's at risk for re-breaking his leg? Is he significantly more at risk than anyone else from taking a puck off the foot? Those are clearly relevant questions if you're worried about him missing future time because he's missed past time recently.

If you think you can forecast Schwartz' general availability next year, or the year after, or whatever with any more accuracy than you can predict the next guy's, I believe pretty strongly that you are wrong. There's nothing about Schwartz's injury history, or what we know about sports injuries in general, that justifies pegging him as being some sort of lock to continue suffering freak acute injuries on an annual basis moving forward.
What is your take on why Schwartz isn't scoring?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
schwartz = a more fragile patrik berglund

trade him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad