Jaden Schwartz??? Where are you?

mtlmonk

Apr 21, 2014
What is up with him?

Can you Blues fans say how's he not in the scoresheet?

Is he even playing well? His line with Schenn was tearing it up last season...before he got hurt.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I'm sure other fans can offer more insight because I don't get to watch all the games, but Schwartz has been pretty ineffective in the games I've watched. He's not driving the play with his possession like he used to, he's not really creating plays in the offensive zone very often. It's really hard to figure out. Both him and Schenn have looked pretty ordinary this year and that absolutely has to change if the Blues are going anywhere this year.

The reason why? We can only speculate, but we know the talent is there. So could it be off the ice issues with the coaching staff? Players don't seem to be "buying in" right now, so not sure if there is a disconnect between the players and coaches. Other than that, I can't really guess the reason for Jaden's slow start. Plenty have Blues have looked "off" this year, so it could be more of a team issue than individual one.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
It would be a huge mistake to trade players now without changing the coach. Army has to find a coach that will win the players hearts rather then divide them. Yeo's history of division is concerning. I've been around this game long enough to know that picking an Adam Oats type of coach who understands the X's & O's plus respects the players and the players respect him could turn the Blues season around. Watching the Blues current play is painful. This team is in need of a coaching change. Kinda surprised it hasn't happened yet.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
looks like the old schwartz to me before he starting peaking during the playoff push of 2017. he took his game to the next level but he cant sustain it. he and jbo and petro are the 3 huge reasons why this team is where they are.

this is what i feared with him. hes turning into another berglund and the land of mediocrity.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
His on ice shooting percentage is 4% lower than his career average and he’s only starting 53% of his possessions in the offensive zone as opposed to 67% last year. Hes also not on the top PP unit, so while his PPTOI is similar to last year, his quality of line mates on the PP has diminished a bit. He’s going to rebound with his shooting percentage but not to where he was last year.

You can see examples of this low on ice shooting percentage. At least twice he has given Schenn an open net and once he fired it wide and the other he hit the post(and Schenn has two other net mouth feeds that he’s missed from Tarasenko and Pietrangelo). He’ll come around soon.

Reactions: Hockeyfreak1970

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
He never seems to have the puck this year. Most shifts he chasing the play. When he does have possession, he’s turned it over way more than you would expect

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
You can tell when Schwartz is off his game because he starts throwing blind passes everywhere despite there being more optimal plays available. He's not feeling it right now and I sure hope he finds his game soon.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
He's ice cold and possibly still injured. He was the heart and soul of this team last year. He'll turn it around before too long I'm sure.

That said, anyone still saying nay to the trade I proposed last year (him straight up for Matt Tkachuk) that got everyone pissy?

Reactions: Bluesguru

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
He's ice cold and possibly still injured. He was the heart and soul of this team last year. He'll turn it around before too long I'm sure.

That said, anyone still saying nay to the trade I proposed last year (him straight up for Matt Tkachuk) that got everyone pissy?
if schwartz can return to his prior level, hes a very good player to have. thing is, hes made of glass and highly inconsistent. plus i dont see much of a leader from him (which is ok as long as he produces).

im willing to give him a little more time but if this continues as we approach thanksgiving, i think its safe to say this is who he is and will always be.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
if schwartz can return to his prior level, hes a very good player to have. thing is, hes made of glass and highly inconsistent. plus i dont see much of a leader from him (which is ok as long as he produces).

im willing to give him a little more time but if this continues as we approach thanksgiving, i think its safe to say this is who he is and will always be.
Which honestly isn't even bad. Because when he's like this, he's not costing games, he's not making bad mistakes. We just want more. I hope he can snap out of this soon.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Which honestly isn't even bad. Because when he's like this, he's not costing games, he's not making bad mistakes. We just want more. I hope he can snap out of this soon.
He's making some pretty bad turnovers. Nothing that cost us the game last night, but that is because the whole team played poorly.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The worst stretch I've seen from him in a long time.

But, it happens. All players go through it. This is actually the first time in his career (aside from being a rookie) that I've seen him ineffective for this long so he's been lucky in that regard. I think he'll get it going.

mtlmonk

Apr 21, 2014
Thanks for the input...he's been a pylon on my fantasy team and don't want to give him away

Had him for past 2 seasons and always been satisfied

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
He's still moving well. I think last year is closer to his identity and production level than what we have seen here at the start. Predictions of this slump being permanent I believe are premature. I have much more concern about Petro snapping out of his slump based upon watching both players so far.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I doubt that. ROR is a huge cancer who has brought down every player he's played with so far.

Schwartz might get it going if he had Berglund at center but since he's gone, there's little chance he does anything on the top line.

ROR is not the problem.

Remove the tin foil.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

well its turkey day and hes still a unproductive glass cannon

army, package him and 27 into a blockbuster trade for equal or better value. a old fashion hockey trade is what we want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad