Jaden Schwartz??? Where are you?

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
pretty simple stuff with schwartz. he was never as good as people thought he was and now hes even worse than what he ever was. he has no business sniffing the PP and if the stupid penalties hes been taking continue as we move towards the playoffs, you send his ass packing at the draft. cut your losses before they become too steep. This situation is identical to the Cardinals one they had with allen craig.

I always said this guy was on track to be Berglund 2.0 and outside of a 8month stretch where he played incredible, it appears to be just that.
Respectfully disagree and I think advanced stats, point totals, and eye test would agree. He has been, and still is, one of the hardest working players on this team and has always been a solid 2-way player with above average offensive talent. Injuries have plagued him for sure, but him being not as good as we thought is an overreaction I think.

Reactions: Blueston

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Respectfully disagree and I think advanced stats, point totals, and eye test would agree. He has been, and still is, one of the hardest working players on this team and has always been a solid 2-way player with above average offensive talent. Injuries have plagued him for sure, but him being not as good as we thought is an overreaction I think.

Stats? Having 6 goals in 52 games when you are counted on as a top 6 player is horrible. I know 2 of those 6 goals were empty netters and it might be 3. This better be one hell of an outlier to his career or he’s going to be a boat anchor.

I’ve always liked Schwartz as a player mostly because of his hustle. His hustle is still there but it’s as if he lost hockey IQ. Schwartz is the player that has to outwork the opponent to score points. He’s still trying to outwork opponents but he’s trying outsmart them too and he’s just trying too much. He needs to simplify his game.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Stats? Having 6 goals in 52 games when you are counted on as a top 6 player is horrible. I know 2 of those 6 goals were empty netters and it might be 3. This better be one hell of an outlier to his career or he’s going to be a boat anchor.

I’ve always liked Schwartz as a player mostly because of his hustle. His hustle is still there but it’s as if he lost hockey IQ. Schwartz is the player that has to outwork the opponent to score points. He’s still trying to outwork opponents but he’s trying outsmart them too and he’s just trying too much. He needs to simplify his game.
He still is 6th on the team in points (5th among forwards), and the advanced stats are shockingly good. Who would you put in the top 6 instead of him? I do agree that he needs to simplify his game though and really needs to gain back confidence in his shot.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

Sorry, I meant to refer to his past stats and production as an indicator of who he is. My bad

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Jaden had 14 points in his first 19 games. He has since had 14 in the next 32. The point totals are quickly leveling off. His play has also looked worse to me in recent games with more turnovers and him not winning board battles as much.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
He still is 6th on the team in points (5th among forwards), and the advanced stats are shockingly good. Who would you put in the top 6 instead of him? I do agree that he needs to simplify his game though and really needs to gain back confidence in his shot.

The Blues don’t have players to take away his top 6 minutes.

Having him sit for a game isn’t a rediculous opinion but I highly doubt it happens.

Reactions: Bendak and TheDizee

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Sundqvist has 25pts in 57gp but he's only averaged 13:09 minutes of ice time this year
Schwartz has 28pts in 52gp while averaging 18:28 minutes of ice time each game.

Nobody would have thought that was possible to start the year

Reactions: Zamadoo and Bendak

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Agreed. But last year he was our best forward prior to breaking his foot against Detroit. No idea of what happens this year to him.

He can’t finish and isn’t scoring.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It would not surprise me if we find out that Schwartz had an injury that requires surgery this offseason. My guess would be shoulder.
I hope the problem turns out to be injury-related. If what we see out of him now is the new Schwartz, it is a terrible blow to the team. In the recent past, he was the best player forward we had.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It would not surprise me if we find out that Schwartz had an injury that requires surgery this offseason. My guess would be shoulder.

Hypothetically if that's what it is, would it almost be better if he had the surgery now ? We saw how long it took Tarasenko to get back in the groove after shoulder surgery this offseason. I'd hate for Schwartz to struggle for half the season next year while trying to recover.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
No way. Why would the organization let Schwartz play an entire season knowing he needs surgery. There's just no way that's plausible.

Yea, I don't see it being injury related.

If he doesn't bounce back in some sort, even just a decent PO performance, then I could definitely see us swapping him for another underachieving player 1-for-1. Not ideal IMO, would rather take a 1st round draft pick as I see him eventually bouncing back to some degree. Though early last season was definitely him over-performing, that's not who he is, he just had unreal chemistry.

For those complaining about the idea of trading him at his lowest value, is that really the case? I think he still returns a 1st round pick at this point. If we continue to let him flounder into next season and he suffers another injury (very likely with his history), his value plummets. No we aren't getting the return he would've gotten last season but I think there is more risk in keeping him.

Again, hopefully it doesn't come to this and he finds his game.

Reactions: Spektre

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
The Blues don’t have players to take away his top 6 minutes.

Having him sit for a game isn’t a rediculous opinion but I highly doubt it happens.

If there's nobody to replace him in the top 6, it's baffling that Armstrong basically stood pat the deadline. Sure, Schenn and Perron returning will be a definite boost, but with Maroon and Schwartz basically dragging down whatever line they're on, you'd think a middle 6 forward would've been acquired.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Hypothetically if that's what it is, would it almost be better if he had the surgery now ? We saw how long it took Tarasenko to get back in the groove after shoulder surgery this offseason. I'd hate for Schwartz to struggle for half the season next year while trying to recover.
I think it depends on whether you want to loose Schwartz this year. We are targeting a playoff return this year, so the answer is probably no from ownership but more importantly the player. I also think there is a point where no level of rehab and recovery time gets you a return to prior performance. Game shape takes playing in games. So, you may not reduce that curve no matter when it happens.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
No way. Why would the organization let Schwartz play an entire season knowing he needs surgery. There's just no way that's plausible.
There are plenty of reasons why. But I can’t imagine it is a total season issue. Even still, there are plenty of reasons why.

It could be a deal where they thought exercise would be enough, but it never quite resolved as hoped. The next step is surgery.

It could be that the injury is one that wouldn't get worse and he could play through the season.

Reactions: Blueston

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
There are plenty of reasons why. But I can’t imagine it is a total season issue. Even still, there are plenty of reasons why.

It could be a deal where they thought exercise would be enough, but it never quite resolved as hoped. The next step is surgery.

It could be that the injury is one that wouldn't get worse and he could play through the season.

It could be aliens flew up his butt and he has a constant case of the Martian Schwartz but I’m not placing a wager on it.

Reactions: STLomacneko

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Schwartz’s biggest problem is his misperception he can dust off pucks by holding onto the puck for way too long and stickhandle his way to Gloria. It rarely happens in this league anymore. And in the case of Schwartz, every player and coach knows that if Schwartz’s gets the puck on his twig he’s going to over play it. Once he gets the puck on his stick the opposition starts to isolate Schwartz. Then they close in on him and he loses the puck or he makes a stupid desperate pass attempt.

Several GDT’s ago, I suggested Schwartz be fined $5,000.00 every time he has the puck on his stick for four seconds or more.

Last edited:

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010

Didn't they let Jbo play while eventually needing surgery that offseason?

Pretty sure but I could be wrong

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Didn't they let Jbo play while eventually needing surgery that offseason?

Pretty sure but I could be wrong
Berglund played though a shoulder injury for over a season before getting surgery. It happens. I am not saying it is smart, but I have a life long shoulder injury with an option for surgery. The surgery is no guarantee to fix the problem. The likelihood is rather low. So you never know.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
Berglund played though a shoulder injury for over a season before getting surgery. It happens. I am not saying it is smart, but I have a life long shoulder injury with an option for surgery. The surgery is no guarantee to fix the problem. The likelihood is rather low. So you never know.

Yep, that's right. It was that Berglund guy.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
His hands just don’t seem right. He is fudging what appear to be simple plays like all of a sudden he got Jackman’s hands or something... I would not trade him this offseason.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
He was the Blues best player last season, nearly PPG. Head scratching for sure.

Schwartz and Fabbri will not be Blues to start next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00