Jaden Schwartz??? Where are you?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
What is your take on why Schwartz isn't scoring?
Goals?

Well, he's hit 3 posts, which is tied for the team lead in spite of only playing 15 games. That represents a bit of bad luck. As a reference, last year he had 5 posts in 62 games. The year before that he hit 6 posts in 78 games.

Truthfully, he's not far off his normal pace. Given the number of shots he has and his career shooting percentage, he "should" have 4 goals right now...a pace that would put him at 22 goals over 82 games, which is very close to his career average of 24 goals per 82 games.

Those two goals he doesn't have are just two events that didn't go his way, like the abnormally high aforementioned number of hit posts, and we can be pretty confident those breaks would even out over the long haul as long as he kept shooting. Basically, I just think he's been a bit unlucky. I'm not particularly worried about Schwartz scoring...or, I wasn't, at least, before this latest injury.

Moving forward for the rest of this year, I have no clue. A serious hand/wrist injury could significantly affect his shot until he's fully recovered, and that might not be until the offseason depending on what the problem is. Given how little we know, it's impossible to make an informed guess.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Goals?

Well, he's hit 3 posts, which is tied for the team lead in spite of only playing 15 games. That represents a bit of bad luck. As a reference, last year he had 5 posts in 62 games. The year before that he hit 6 posts in 78 games.

Truthfully, he's not far off his normal pace. Given the number of shots he has and his career shooting percentage, he "should" have 4 goals right now...a pace that would put him at 22 goals over 82 games, which is very close to his career average of 24 goals per 82 games.

Those two goals he doesn't have are just two events that didn't go his way, like the abnormally high aforementioned number of hit posts, and we can be pretty confident those breaks would even out over the long haul as long as he kept shooting. Basically, I just think he's been a bit unlucky. I'm not particularly worried about Schwartz scoring...or, I wasn't, at least, before this latest injury.

Moving forward for the rest of this year, I have no clue. A serious hand/wrist injury could significantly affect his shot until he's fully recovered, and that might not be until the offseason depending on what the problem is. Given how little we know, it's impossible to make an informed guess.
He's good when he's here, but, like most of the team, he's inconsistent.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I'd like to point out that hit posts and crossbars are not even considered shots on net. Point being you have to be able to hit the net to score goals. Some see it as poor luck, others see it as poor shooting. To answer your question where are you Jaden Schwartz, he is where he usually is. The trainers room. Schwartz, Schenn and prospect for Pannarin?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'd say Schwartz is one of our most consistent players actually. At the very least, he's always hounding pucks, forechecking and playing that tenacious style of game. Other players will go invisible for stretches but it's a lot more rare for Schwartz to do that because of his style. He doesn't rely purely on scoring.

Like someone else said, every player will be a bit inconsistent. It's impossible to play 82 great games. But that's really not a term I'd use for JS.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'd like to point out that hit posts and crossbars are not even considered shots on net. Point being you have to be able to hit the net to score goals. Some see it as poor luck, others see it as poor shooting. To answer your question where are you Jaden Schwartz, he is where he usually is. The trainers room. Schwartz, Schenn and prospect for Pannarin?

For a pending UFA who seems really mercurial about where he wants to play?

Way too much.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Is this the new Schwartz everyone has to get used to? He gets the puck along the boards and makes a quick cut back towards the blue line. Hamilton is shadowing him but if Schwartz just picks his head up when he makes the cut back move he would see he has plenty of space to go towards the blue line or to the middle of the ice. Instead he keeps his head down and actually puts a move on himself. He deked himself. Hamilton says think you very much for getting back to where I can hit you and thumps Schwartz to the ice. The other defender then pushed the puck back to Schwartz who dishes off to ROR. Schwartz then spins around and cross checks Hamilton into ROR, scaring all of Blues nation, and taking a 2 minute penalty.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
I think we just have to write-off this regular season and hope he shows up in a big way come playoff time. I highly doubt he does, but I'm hoping.
I hope so too, but...
250d4098621a810f13604775fd40bb18.jpg

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
I hope so too, but...
250d4098621a810f13604775fd40bb18.jpg

upload_2019-3-2_17-35-26.png

Schwartz is an enigma at this point don’t know if the advanced stats still show he is still doing everything right but just snakebitten. I hope he goes Super Saiyan in the playoffs cause the blues playoff success could sink or swim on secondary scoring. However, right now the reality is he went from being the engine of this team last year to struggling on the second line and if Fabri, Steen, or someone else get going he could very well be on the the third line.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
View attachment 194611

Schwartz is an enigma at this point don’t know if the advanced stats still show he is still doing everything right but just snakebitten. I hope he goes Super Saiyan in the playoffs cause the blues playoff success could sink or swim on secondary scoring. However, right now the reality is he went from being the engine of this team last year to struggling on the second line and if Fabri, Steen, or someone else get going he could very well be on the the third line.
Advanced stats say Schwartz is still good 5v5 (second most primary assists behind O'Reilly, positive corsi and xG), but a huge negative on the PP.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Advanced stats say Schwartz is still good 5v5 (second most primary assists behind O'Reilly, positive corsi and xG), but a huge negative on the PP.

Thanks, so probably just still snakebitten then....however the eye test tells me he isn’t the same Schwartz. Could be recency bias but he really doesn’t look the same this year.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Thanks, so probably just still snakebitten then....however the eye test tells me he isn’t the same Schwartz. Could be recency bias but he really doesn’t look the same this year.
I always look at the advanced stats because they can give you a different perspective, but Schwartz definitely hasn't been the same player this year.

Reactions: Blueston

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
pretty simple stuff with schwartz. he was never as good as people thought he was and now hes even worse than what he ever was. he has no business sniffing the PP and if the stupid penalties hes been taking continue as we move towards the playoffs, you send his ass packing at the draft. cut your losses before they become too steep. This situation is identical to the Cardinals one they had with allen craig.

I always said this guy was on track to be Berglund 2.0 and outside of a 8month stretch where he played incredible, it appears to be just that.

Reactions: Bendak

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
pretty simple stuff with schwartz. he was never as good as people thought he was and now hes even worse than what he ever was. he has no business sniffing the PP and if the stupid penalties hes been taking continue as we move towards the playoffs, you send his ass packing at the draft. cut your losses before they become too steep. This situation is identical to the Cardinals one they had with allen craig.

I always said this guy was on track to be Berglund 2.0 and outside of a 8month stretch where he played incredible, it appears to be just that.
Also, people expecting Fabbri to be great should realize that he is Schwartz 2.0 with the same/or more injuries and likely to have the same problem returning to putting up offensive numbers.

Reactions: Bendak

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
I also have always thought Schwartz was overrated. I think he overrates his own offensive ability and tends to try to hit home runs, goes for cute passes and such, instead of playing north-south and being more of a two-way guy. He's good at digging in the corners, playing the PK...he's a high end grinder.

But every game he's good for at least one blind pass to the slot from low in the o-zone that goes right back the other way, instead of making an actual hockey play. He likes to cross the blue line and pull up for cross ice passes he can't make, and lately I see him skating around with the puck more and more. Someone needs to let him know he's just another soldier and not a superstar. He just needs to work hard and play smart...not sure about his hockey IQ.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Old schwartz was a good player

now hes battling steen for 5/6 best forward without counting perron and schenn out

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013

He has been mediocre at best this year, but he is not Patrik Berglund. Stop it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->