Jaden Schwartz??? Where are you?

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I think Schwartz has looked great in the 2 opening games. Very shifty and elusive. A lot of jump.
Ive still seen schwartz misss a couple chances which has been a problem this year but i havent seen the questionable decision making and turnovers that had also plagued him this year which is a plus.

And i have to admit as disappointed i have been that the effort is therr. He was absolutely relentless in fighting for puck control and kept some possessions alive with great efforts even when taking hits.

If he can keep playing tenacious smart hockey and keep puck possession and set up his linemates, his goal scoring problems arent as big of an issue.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
hes been fine but he still has another gear he needs to get to

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
He went from reliable 2 way player, to a point per game player, to essentially a 4th line grinder in less than 2 calendar years.

Not much else to say about him other than his salary needs to be moved out this offseason. Cut your losses and bring in some fresh blood.

Reactions: Bendak

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I can answer the question of this thread. He’s falling down somewhere on the f***ing ice. He’a always falling down. His biggest problem other than swan dives every shift is he plays like he thinks he’s Gretzky. Stop with all the cute plays. Stop trying to deke out everyone on the ice. Just go to the net and shoot for rebounds.

Reactions: ledzeppelinfan1

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I can answer the question of this thread. He’s falling down somewhere on the ****ing ice. He’a always falling down. His biggest problem other than swan dives every shift is he plays like he thinks he’s Gretzky. Stop with all the cute plays. Stop trying to deke out everyone on the ice. Just go to the net and shoot for rebounds.

The saddest part of that game was the first period+ when one of our players would actually get space or have a good shooting lane, and I'd get excited for a millisecond only to realize that player with the puck was Schwartz. Probably not a coincidence either, the Jets probably prefer him to have the puck.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I think Schwartz has looked great in the 2 opening games. Very shifty and elusive. A lot of jump.
I agree, he looked really good in games 1 and 2. He rang one off the inside of the post in game 1. That could have really got his confidence up!

Why not swap Perron and Scheen? The top line isn’t getting it done right now. ROR and Perron had a ton of chemistry before DP got hurt!

Plus Schwartz n Scheen have a good history last season.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I agree, he looked really good in games 1 and 2. He rang one off the inside of the post in game 1. That could have really got his confidence up!

Why not swap Perron and Scheen? The top line isn’t getting it done right now. ROR and Perron had a ton of chemistry before DP got hurt!

I have been thinking this too. But, it is contingent on how Perron is doing physically.

Last edited:

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019

I’m a pretty humble guy but this was my first ever post on this HF board and the accuracy is kind of creepy :)

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
giphy (9).gif

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
That entire play was All Schwartz, All the Time. He, Bozak and Steen kept cycling like mad dogs. Schwartz tied up Trouba behind the net, popped the puck loose into the corner, then he raced to the front and made an incredible mid-air tip.

Un-be-lievable.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
Schwartz was going hard out there all game. There was one play in the d-zone corner to the right of Binny where he really caught my eye digging.

Just one of many players last night who fought like hell. They showed a lot of heart.

It feels like we’ve said it many times but hopefully that goal gets Schwartz going. If he and Schenn stay together and produce, we’ll be tough to beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad