News Article: Jacques & Nathan Beaulieu each charged with 2 counts of assault

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
An altercation could just mean a heated argument. It doesn't mean they did any bodily harm to him.

Being assaulted could also mean they simply pushed the person and told them to GTFO

To assume altercation automatically means they beat people up is trying to make this seem worse. If they actually did bodily harm they'd be in a jail cell.

The injuries were minor, but both victims were scared, said Campbell.

Unless it was a heated argument and they bruised the other person's ego. I figure there was something physical. Perhaps a push or whatever.

Still, someone has to be Pejorative Slured to press charges for a push. Stranger things have happened though.

Still weird 2 times in same night.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I know this probably won't come across well, but do you ever just look at someone and say to yourself, without even knowing them, "that kid is a major ****** bag.."

Well, for me, that's Nathan Beaulieu. :laugh: I've thought that way since before the 2011 draft.

Glad to have him as a player, though.

Some of the greatest players were far worse people that Beaulieu. At least he once thanked me for congratulating him on that iphone social app. :laugh:

I don't want to compare him to Chelios but let's not make that mistake again. The impression I get of Beaulieu is he's someone I'd never want to be friends with, but I couldn't give two ****s about that if he produces on the ice. Assaulting people in public is not acceptable and he needs to grow up either way, but for all we know this is BS.

Still, someone has to be Pejorative Slured to press charges for a push. Stranger things have happened though.
Dumb, or they have a grudge. Jacques is a coach and Nathan is an extremely arrogant top tier prospect, both probably have plenty of enemies on the junior hockey circuit.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
I know this probably won't come across well, but do you ever just look at someone and say to yourself, without even knowing them, "that kid is a major ****** bag.."

Well, for me, that's Nathan Beaulieu. :laugh: I've thought that way since before the 2011 draft.

Glad to have him as a player, though.

heh

now post your photo so we can make that call :D

but kinda agree re Beaulieu

skule123

Mar 24, 2008
And now we have the developmental / organizational personnel to actually work with him instead of just calling up Nashville or whatever right away.

pine*

Unless it was a heated argument and they bruised the other person's ego. I figure there was something physical. Perhaps a push or whatever.

Someone wants their two minutes a fame - e.g. a player who never made it to the show.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
So many posts here that are heavy handed in their assessments.

People sometimes do foolish things at house parties. Fights happen all the time. It's different than, say, him and his father robbing a bank or beating up on an old lady and taking her purse.

BigFatPapa

Oct 7, 2003
Without knowing more I won't pass judgement, but I wouldn't be that shocked considering Beaulieu's personality.

But it would be a big, big mistake to trade the kid because of this. The fact that his father was involved says more about his upbringing than it does about his future. My baseless speculation is that he was drinking with his family, someone insulted him or his father and they overreacted.

Exactly, and this is exactly why we hired guys like Lapointe and Brisebois: helping the development of prospects who need a little more guidance than others. Not everyone has the maturity of the Gally's. Whatever happened/happens with Beaulieu, at least we know that the organization is providing proper support.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
lol come on... Everyone knows that Beaulieu has "issues". There's no denying that he's very immature and a bit of a do*che. Not a big deal since he's still young but he definitely has to work on his attitude.
Well we know the altercation did not happen against the Tinordi's.
I don't think daddy Beaulieu would tangle with daddy Tinordi and I don't think Nathan would want to jump in either.;)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Who cares, this is probably nothing anyways. Kid is still 20 and his on ice play has improved the past year which is what I care about, he can act like a ****** all he wants because his girlfriend is a rocket and he'll mature over the years.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Essentially. They both beat up 1 person. The person leaves then they both beat up another.

Very odd set of circumstances, looks like they worked together to find trouble here. We have to consider that when you double team someone...twice...in the same night. You just might be a ******bag

'Innocent until proven guilty' mean anything to you?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The fact that another person came back later leads to me to believe that this assault charge will get thrown out.

Honestly, if you were assaulted by someone.. would you go back again? Sounds like they lost a fight and wanted to besmirch their names by pressing charges.

Analyzer*

If you call someone an idiot they will try to sue in order to get money if they know you have any.

Probably some idiot wanting attention and/or money.

I hope Nathan beat the **** out of them if the other person started that ****.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
So many posts here that are heavy handed in their assessments.

People sometimes do foolish things at house parties. Fights happen all the time. It's different than, say, him and his father robbing a bank or beating up on an old lady and taking her purse.

I still find this really stupid if he actually got into a fight. Dude, you're going to the NHL! Don't do stupid things like that. I mean, come on...:shakehead

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Strathroy Caradoc Police have confirmed the 20-year-old hockey superstar is facing the same set of charges as his dad Jacques Beaulieu -- head coach of the Sarnia Sting -- in connection with the same incident.

I wasn't aware we had a Superstar in our system!
\
eADrV.gif

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I still find this really stupid if he actually got into a fight. Dude, you're going to the NHL! Don't do stupid things like that. I mean, come on...:shakehead

You're still human, who knows what happened for them to get into a fight.

Habtchum*

Fighting isn't the best way to resolve things.

Except in hockey. :sarcasm:

yeah. In hockey, it's only 5 minutes. You can concussed the other guy, put an end to his carrer, it's still 5 minutes. The Beaulieus should had brought the two guys at a rink and beat them there. ;)

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
We don't even know the details,. You watch, they'll press their own charges and it'll turn into nothing. If they weren't well known, no one outside of the party would have heard of it. Besides, what 20 yr old kid hasn't gone to parties and gotten into some kind of altercation?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Lots of 'holier than thou' comments here even though none of us know the circumstances. It's kind of pathetic.

I agree. Usually "fans" at least give their players the benefit of the doubt until some evidence surfaces. Anybody else remember the "darkest day in Habs history"?:shakehead

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Assault can be anything from a threat/gesture of force on a victim to actually physically applying the force to a victim. We don't know what happen exactly yet so I wouldn't worry too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad