News Article: Jacques & Nathan Beaulieu each charged with 2 counts of assault

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Calm down, Jesus. None of you know anything and are making assumptions based on an article that doesn't clarify anything.

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
Shameful.

So based on the fact that Beaulieu faces charges stemming from an altercation at a party, I get to read comments on this board like:

- I'm starting to thnk Beaulieu is a tool
- he might be a ******bag
- he has anger issues and perhaps a drinking problem
- he has some growing up to do
- he's immature
- something about the way he looks makes him a major ******bag
- everyone knows he has issues (one of my favs); he's very immature and a bit of a d**che
- he's someone you wouldn't want to be friends with
- he's extremely arrogant

Sad. I didn't realize you all knew him so well. Oh wait, I forgot, 'you can just tell'.

Geez, 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9 sound nothing like P.K at 20 :sarcasm:

Edit: TRADE P.K SUBBAN. HE IS LOCKER ROOM CANCER!

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
I hope this is nothing serious. Who wouldn't. But you know... what's normal for hockey isn't normal in life.

Friend of a friend works in a correction institute. One day he saw a guy he knew from his hockey league coming in as a convict. He asked the guy why and he said he got drunk on a Saturday night, got into a fight, accidentally really landed one and seriously injured the guy. Got 18 months. The guard said the exact same thing had happened to him a few years ago. But it was during a beer league game, so he only got five minutes.

Badly told, but a true story.

Anonymous74

Apr 30, 2013
Someone wants their two minutes a fame - e.g. a player who never made it to the show.

pretty sure if the victims wanted their "two minutes of fame" they would have posted their own comments all over FB, Twitter, the newspaper, TV or U tube along with pics of their busted up faces....maybe, just maybe, they are pressing charges because they were physically assaulted by a father and his son and are trying to do the right thing.
Maybe all of you posting comments about the 2 victims should think how you would feel if one of them was your best friend, brother or son. Would you be wishing they got the crap kicked out of them then??

Anonymous74

Apr 30, 2013
The fact that another person came back later leads to me to believe that this assault charge will get thrown out.

Honestly, if you were assaulted by someone.. would you go back again? Sounds like they lost a fight and wanted to besmirch their names by pressing charges.

....and victim #1 didn't go back after being beaten by the 2 Beaulieu's. He fled, and then the Beaulieu's went after victim #2

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
How to ruin your promising career 101!

Great offensive instincts, fun to watch, definitely seems like a bit of a ****** though. The whining on Twitter after being sent down was kinda lame.

Story updated: http://www.lfpress.com/2013/04/30/m...ct-nathan-beaulieu-facing-two-assault-charges

Slight bruising and shirts ripped...sounds like a school yard fight more than anything.

The first version of the story mentioned alcohol was involved, but this edited one does not mention alcohol, fwiw.
This is more encouraging. I was scared about a possible conviction that may have caused problems for him going into the US.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
'Innocent until proven guilty' mean anything to you?

That is only in the eyes of the law - it says nothing about his actual innocence or guilt, whichever it may be. We just plain don't know, but in a subjective personal assessment, you cannot just assume innocent until proven guilty.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
We don't even know the details,. You watch, they'll press their own charges and it'll turn into nothing. If they weren't well known, no one outside of the party would have heard of it. Besides, what 20 yr old kid hasn't gone to parties and gotten into some kind of altercation?

Don't want to single you out, but you CANNOT press charges. The POLICE PRESS CHARGES - people cannot. If the police do not want to pursue it, then charges will not be pressed. The only thing that a person can do is pursue a civil suit. It's up to the police's discretion as to press charges or not.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Dam if we knew every story on our players, everybody would be a bust...

By the way anybody here remember Price in his first or second season sitting on the bench with a black eye? I'm looking for a picture or video just want to confirm a story I heard... Don't remember it happening.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dam if we knew every story on our players, everybody would be a bust...

By the way anybody here remember Price in his first or second season sitting on the bench with a black eye? I'm looking for a picture or video just want to confirm a story I heard... Don't remember it happening.

Never happened.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
How to ruin your promising career 101!

Great offensive instincts, fun to watch, definitely seems like a bit of a ****** though. The whining on Twitter after being sent down was kinda lame.

This is more encouraging. I was scared about a possible conviction that may have caused problems for him going into the US.

Even in the worst case scenario, this would hardly be a "ruin a promising career" type situation.

I'll wait until the facts come in to make a judgment on a kid and father I barely know.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
whats weird to me.. lindros name keeps coming up in MY mind. he was always [it seemed] getting into scuffles at bars and clubs. usually its someone with 'beer muscles' who wants to challenge a pro. like that guy leaning over the penalty box with domi there and then the glass collapses. thats a great video.

i just hope this guys off ice issues dont cloud or change his on ice game

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
whats weird to me.. lindros name keeps coming up in MY mind. he was always [it seemed] getting into scuffles at bars and clubs. usually its someone with 'beer muscles' who wants to challenge a pro. like that guy leaning over the penalty box with domi there and then the glass collapses. thats a great video.

i just hope this guys off ice issues dont cloud or change his on ice game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS_92eKcGMI--heres that video

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad