Confirmed with Link: Jacob Perreault acquired from the Ducks in exchange for Jan Mysak

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
My feeling is that the Ducks believed that Mysak was buried on the fourth line in Laval and thought he had more to offer, and for some reason they completly gave up on Perreault. Because a 21 years 1st rounder for an AHL fourth liner makes no sense.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Who knows, maybe Gabe does his 4 years then not sign his draft contract and joins his brother as free agent ;)

long game play maybe... can't approach Gabe but a side remark to his bro who's on you staff like 'oh we surely would sign your bro too if available' could make its way.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My feeling is that the Ducks believed that Mysak was buried on the fourth line in Laval and thought he had more to offer, and for some reason they completly gave up on Perreault. Because a 21 years 1st rounder for an AHL fourth liner makes no sense.

It's a smart buy because Houle wouldn't give Mysak a chance if he was the last player left on his roster.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'm fine with it, both are mostly busts at this point in time but if everything goes right for either of them, Perreault has the higher potential

Kent saw former 1st round pick and accepted right away.
He had to call up his boys at the agency first though to make sure it didn't negatively impact them in anyway

Reactions: Tyson

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
On paper Jacob looked like a great rising 1st rounder during his draft, right hand shot and a good goal scorer in the OHL.

I mentioned it a lot last year that his struggles definitely impacted Gabe in the draft, the brothers had a similar profile but the older one was looking like a bust which made it hard to have faith in Gabe

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I know everybody likes to think every trade is about NHL potential but it's far more likely this was done thinking strictly about Laval's playoff push.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
San Diego has been one of the worst teams in the league the last 3 years. Laval is going through a rough patch now, but they are still in the playoff picture. And the last two seasons, they made the playoffs, and in one of those seasons, they made the conference final.

Also, the reason Laval scores a lot of goals isn't because they cheat, it's because their style of play has the defensemen activate in the offensive zone. And it's a playing style the Habs play.

We'll see how Perreault fits. He might start on a line with Maillet and Farrell.
It's a AHL move honestly. Very probable Mysak either asked for a trade or told them he would go back in Europe next season since there's no place for him in the NHL in a foreseeable future. So KH traded him for a local player who has the potential to be a good top 6 in the AHL and is still young enough to be like who knows?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I know everybody likes to think every trade is about NHL potential but it's far more likely this was done thinking strictly about Laval's playoff push.
There is no playoff push in Laval, the team is embarrassing. Last place in points % in their division, like 90% of teams in the AHL make the playoffs and they probably still won't make it

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
There is no playoff push in Laval, the team is embarrassing. Last place in points % in their division, like 90% of teams in the AHL make the playoffs and they probably still won't make it
Suffice to say Houle won’t be back.

Regarding Mysak, can someone explain to me why he wa glued to the fourth line if he had offensive qualities and was a hard worker?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
On paper Jacob looked like a great rising 1st rounder during his draft, right hand shot and a good goal scorer in the OHL.

I mentioned it a lot last year that his struggles definitely impacted Gabe in the draft, the brothers had a similar profile but the older one was looking like a bust which made it hard to have faith in Gabe
Is that really a thing lol? Guhle went 1st round while his bro didn't make it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Regarding Mysak, can someone explain to me why he wa glued to the fourth line if he had offensive qualities and was a hard worker?

Houle decided when he played in Laval at 19! he would only be a bottom 6er, so he had no desire to ever be proven wrong on that.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hindsight is 20 20 huh? Most folks on this board knew he was up for a raise and was barely scoring 11 goals per year.
True.
I would only consider that statement if it came from a true (pre-trade) pro Lehkonen Fan of which there are only a handful I'm aware of.
Even then Barron still has time to get over his hesitancy and awkwardness. He's got plenty of tools can he find the confidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yeah I legitimately didn't know this prospect. I met his dad years ago, arguably the best face off man of his era.
Who was subsequently left on the bench by Therrien, and instead Bill Freaking Lindsay took a draw in overtime, in our end, that ended in disaster during a Canes playoff game. Therrien FFS.............
We didn't lose the series that night, but we did lose the series that night.

As you mention, Yannick Perrault was an awesome face of guy.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Which is fine as they need someone with a higher ceiling. And as far as Laval is concerned, they gave up their 4C in the deal to get a winger who can potentially be in your Top-9 and maybe Top-6.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
They were great when The Sherriff went down............weren't they something like 11-2 with Arber in the lineup??
Boy did they fall hard..............

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah, Kapanen & Davidson both fit Mysak's profile, while we don't have anyone like Perreault in our system.

Maybe Davidson makes the move to center now.
I think Kapanen's a far better prospect than Mysak and Davidson. Kapanen's almost a sure NHLer in my opinion. He does all the little things that coaches love. Has some speed, can shut down and win face-offs.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

Like father, like son...lol. Peanut is the reason wjy the Habs are turning in circles for the last 30 years.

This is a Bergy type trade. Is he back with the Habs?

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I like the move, I also thought Mysak had potential when we drafted him. It’s well known that I believe Houle is counterproductive…..I’ve watched his coaching & the team has no structure, no energy & no jump/pace. He’s got to go!! Perreault too, has been on a bottom feeder since he was drafted. I hope it works out for both kids.
Regarding Yannick’s game he had great hands & was dynamite on the dot but man he skated like his skates were tied together, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad