Confirmed with Link: Jacob Perreault acquired from the Ducks in exchange for Jan Mysak

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Interesting. Mysak was getting his game going though so we'll see but I thought he had reached his ceiling already. Maybe not.
True. 8G-3A in his last 20 games. Started the season with 5G-4A in 28GP.

Perreault has been held pointless in his last 9 games.

Reactions: Habs 4 ever

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm not familiar with Jacob Perreault. And I'm a fan of Mysak. But between the two, Perreault seems to have more offensive abilities and maybe more NHL potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
cool

He’ll slide behind Roy and (eventually) Mesar on the depth chart. Future middle 6 RWs.

Mysak had no chance.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Perreault had interesting profile as a prospect but seems like his shooting skills hasn't translated. A bit like former hab Christian Thomas.

Odds are Mysak might make it as bottom sixer more than Perreault panning out. But Houle didn't seem to like him.

Things working in his favor:
Development team here.
Madden is a good scout so I trust him although it was covid year; more a crap shoot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wrong Perreault. They traded for his older brother Jacob.

Yes, I meant Jacob.

Unfortunately, Houle seemed to peg Mysak as a 4C. So it's possible Mysak asked to be moved so he can get more of an opportunity. Perreault is a winger and will likely be in your Top-9.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Looks like just a change of scenery trade for both these guys .Perreault hasn't done much since drafted in first round.Maybe help Laval.
At first I thought maybe the trade was to free up a contract spot sooner, but they are the same age. You are right.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
When I saw the headline I thought it was Gabe Perreault at first, and was wondering could we have possibly gotten him for Savard +

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Both guys have one year left on their contract.
Assuming Laval has a better chance of signing Perreault in 2025 on an AHL only contract then they do Mysak based on where they are from.
Good change of scenery for both prospects - hopefully it's a win for win for both teams

Now let's unite the Perreault brothers. Savard+ to NYR

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He had a good rookie year, but kind of backtracked since then as he was having some injury issues during his second season, I believe.

He's a gifted shooter & skater. He might work well with a playmaker like Farrell.

Montreal took a chance on talent here. Mysak at best is a 4th line center. Perreault is only 21, still has waivers exemption for another year & can score goals. Development team has a project they can work on. Top 6 or AHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad