Confirmed with Link: Jacob Perreault acquired from the Ducks in exchange for Jan Mysak

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Worried about the trade, Mysak has a good work ethic whereas Perreault supposedly needs work on that. Perreault also has awareness and decision making problems.

We'll see if being back home will motivate him.

Edit: Didnt know that the Perreaults see themselves as American.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Maybe this is flawed thinking, but if a Quebec kid is buried in the AHL, he would probably rather be buried in Laval, than in most other AHL cities, no?
Perrault is a Quebec kid only in name. He and his siblings are Americans first.

Not sure why Ducks made that move. What was hidden within Mysak?
I think you uncovered another golden vein of comedy with that sentence.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Worried about the trade, Mysak has a good work ethic whereas Perreault supposedly needs work on that. Perreault also has awareness and decision making problems.

We'll see if being back home will motivate him.
I believe the tweet was by Basu, but basically sums this up. Neither is a real good prospect, so the Habs acquired the potential homerun while Anaheim gets a guy who's likely to play some games, but probably not many.

Reactions: themilosh

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The Ducks board indicates Perrault is unmotivated. Mysak plays hard but has limited upside.

We'll see if Houle was holding Mysak back, and we'll see if he can motivate Perrault.

Reactions: rik schau

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
On paper Jacob looked like a great rising 1st rounder during his draft, right hand shot and a good goal scorer in the OHL.

I mentioned it a lot last year that his struggles definitely impacted Gabe in the draft, the brothers had a similar profile but the older one was looking like a bust which made it hard to have faith in Gabe
Late first round picks rarely pan out

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
My feeling is that the Ducks believed that Mysak was buried on the fourth line in Laval and thought he had more to offer, and for some reason they completly gave up on Perreault. Because a 21 years 1st rounder for an AHL fourth liner makes no sense.
Something might happened on the ducks side. They decided they didn't beleive in him enough and they try Mesar for a change. They might have someone else with Perreault's upside in their system. But it looks like a bad decision typical as our beloved (lol) Bergevin. Habs systems needs more the upside of Perreault than the upside of Mesar. Time will tell who won that trade. But maybe none of these players will make the nhl anyway, or a minor role in the team at most.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't seen Perreault since his OHL days but I like the trade a lot of course as Mysak was no longer a prospect imo until he shows much improved speed, size, strength, skating. Good shot and worked hard night in and night out, wish him good luck!

Mysak joins a long list of MB/Timmins drafted players that got traded. Tinordi, Kristo, Leblanc, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Collberg, McCarron, Leks, Andrighetto, Quailer, Scherbak, Sergachev, Bitten, Poehling, KK, Romanov, Mysak. Juulsen and DLR were lost to waivers in case anyone was thinking of them.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Pace wise Perrault was still San Diego's highest scoring non-vet forward. He was fourth in scoring but ahead of everyone else in pace as he's played 10-20 less games. Maybe he requested a trade.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Perreault has more upside but is only likely useful in an offensive role so it may be a longer shot that he makes it. Mysak has more of a bottom lines skillset with less upside but a greater chance that he will be able to play in the NHL in such a role.

That is the trade in a nut shell.....no reason for any drama.

Reactions: Runner77

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
LOL yourself ! How come Les Canadiens de Montreal are not allowed to acquire Quebec born players ?

Like Mesar will ????
Tbh, on this board most posters would say we are not allowed to hire anyone from Quebec at any position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad