Confirmed with Link: Jacob Perreault acquired from the Ducks in exchange for Jan Mysak

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He also appears to be a glass body.
On the one hand, I’m always wary of a prospect that Martin Madden Jr. as AGM gives up on.

On the other, he was a first round draftee under Madden who was stalling, which shows how difficult it is to get it right even with a Madden overseeing the draft.

I hope Hughes’ people saw something that the Ducks didn’t.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
On the one hand, I’m always wary of a prospect that Martin Madden Jr. as AGM gives up on.

On the other, he was a first round draftee under Madden who was stalling, which shows how difficult it is to get it right even with a Madden overseeing the draft.

I hope Hughes’ people saw something that the Ducks didn’t.

As good as Madden is, even the best scouts rely heavily on luck and the best that they really can do is roll the dice and hope that their prognistications are proven to be accurate. Some are just much better at setting more favourable odds than others.

If Timmins had picked Perreault over Greig, Bourque or Peterka he would be getting crucified over it or taking Tracey over Pinto or Brink in 2019.

Madden is great but he still has major whiffs with 1st rounders as would any great scout.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Meh.

Hasn't done anything, not overly noticeable, but you see him.

Mysak was heating up when he got dealt, is he still scoring ?
Pointless through 3 so far as the other poster said but he’s been on the 4th line with ECHL caliber wingers that have since been either sent down or scratched before tonight so hard to expect much

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Pointless through 3 so far as the other poster said but he’s been on the 4th line with ECHL caliber wingers that have since been either sent down or scratched before tonight so hard to expect much
Damn he's back in the dog house :( sucks for him

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
2020 was suppose to been a deep draft. But it hasn't worked out that way at all. With Perrault and Barron both not doing well. I remember we had 3 seconds going into draft. Doesn't look like we going to get much out of them. Miracle we got Guhle

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
2020 was suppose to been a deep draft. But it hasn't worked out that way at all. With Perrault and Barron both not doing well. I remember we had 3 seconds going into draft. Doesn't look like we going to get much out of them. Miracle we got Guhle

Too early to tell.
The top 5 is already well established in top 6 F / top 4D in the NHL.
Top 5-10 have had injury issues but overall they are top 9F right now (Drysdale had shown good things before multiple injuries so I ll leave him out).
Top 11-15: star goalie in the NHL, top 9 center on one of the top teams in the league, top 6 winger on one of the top teams in the league, disappointing bottom 6, sadly deceased.
Top 16-20: top 4D, great AHL forward failing to have any success in the NHL yet, top 6/top9F in the NHL on a team stacked with forwards, bottom pair D in one of the top teams in the league, first pair AHL D transitioning towards NHL
Top 21-25: top 9F NHL, slowly making it as 3C for NHL playoff contender, middle 6 NHL forward, 3C NHL, D with already more than 80 NHL games and going back and forth with AHL
Top 26-31: top 9F with more than 20 goals, AHL disappointing F, bottom 6F already, bottom 6F already, AHL 1st line no spot for him in a stacked DAL team now, AHL disappointing F

On 30 players (excl. Amirov sadly), seems like a deep draft 4 years later

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
As good as Madden is, even the best scouts rely heavily on luck and the best that they really can do is roll the dice and hope that their prognistications are proven to be accurate. Some are just much better at setting more favourable odds than others.

If Timmins had picked Perreault over Greig, Bourque or Peterka he would be getting crucified over it or taking Tracey over Pinto or Brink in 2019.

Madden is great but he still has major whiffs with 1st rounders as would any great scout.
Brink was never anything. Hard to believe he is doing better than Tracey.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Strange, i tought he was a 4th liner here beceause of Houle incompetence:sarcasm:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Brink was never anything. Hard to believe he is doing better than Tracey.

Brink was a dominant USHL player as well as a dominant NCAA player and was considered a wild card in his draft year due to being one of the smartest and most skilled kids in the entire draft. He was the forward version of Lane Hutson with size and skating issues that pushed him out of the first round. He competes hard and played for back to back USA WJC teams......not exactly nothing

Tracey is a prospect that I never liked very much as he is not a great skater who's linemates seemed to drive his production in junior. He has never displayed the skating or skill level that I would want in a 1st round pick and you need at least one of these two imo to be taken that high as a forward. This is compounded by the fact that he was only an average sized prospect at best. To me, I saw a kid who played hard and could shoot the puck and if he was available closer to the 3rd round then I would consider taking him.

This appears to be a whiff for Madden and just because I might end up being correct does not mean that I am in any way as smart as Madden in this field and I am sure that there are all sorts of reasons that he had that I would never have the access to form such reasons. I am only pointing out that fans such as us know very little when making these lists but even the best in the business heavily rely on luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Brink was a dominant USHL player as well as a dominant NCAA player and was considered a wild card in his draft year due to being on e of the smartest and most skilled kids in the entire draft. He was the forward version of Lane Hutson with size and skating issues that pushed him out of the first round. He competes hard and played for back to back USA WJC teams......not exactly nothing

Tracey is a prospect that I never liked very much as he is not a great skater who's linemates seemed to drive his production in junior. He has never displayed the skating or skill level that I would want in a 1st round pick and you need at least one of these two imo to be taken that high as a forward. This is compounded by the fact that he was only an average sized prospect at best. To me, I saw a kid who played hard and could shoot the puck and if he was available closer to the 3rd round then I would consider taking him.

This appears to be a whiff for Madden and just because I might end up being correct does not mean that I am in any way as smart as Madden in this field and I am sure that there are all sorts of reasons that he had that I would never have the access to form such reasons. I am only pointing out that fans such as us know very little when making these lists but even the best in the business heavily rely on luck.
Brink was never dominant. He was a pretty good player but not close to Caufield level. I guess Tracey's problem was skating. Ducks also took Pastujov who apparently was unable to improve his skating despite working with Barb Underhill.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Strange, i tought he was a 4th liner here beceause of Houle incompetence:sarcasm:
Different organizations have different goals. Laval claimed to be focusing on development but were giving key roles to 25+ year old players. San Diego seem to be about winning in the AHL and nearly all their big-minute guys are vets.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Different organizations have different goals. Laval claimed to be focusing on development but were giving key roles to 25+ year old players. San Diego seem to be about winning in the AHL and nearly all their big-minute guys are vets.

Well, it's probably why Dobes gets most of the strart in net and they use guy's like Mailloux, Barron, Heineimen, Farrel, Roy when he was with them, Simoneau, Davidson before they where injured alot on the PP, not to mention that Reiny yesterday was use on the PK right from the start........are you watching their games, just asking

Dont know if true that SD are giving their big minutes to their vets or if they're even about winning (they are 28th in the league).......but they are the 2nd youngest team in the league and we are 5th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad