News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
If Kakko was the "key piece" in acquiring Eichel, the Rangers would have him in an Uber to Buffalo within minutes.
That would sting but I'd do that deal. It would suck to lose Kakko but we'd still have Laf, Panarin, Kravtsov, Buch, Kreider on the wings. Lundkvist is a great prospect and I'd rather trade one of our other D prospects instead but for Eichel and with Fox and Trouba, plus Schneider behind him it makes it easier to stomach.

Boxscore

Jan 22, 2007
That would sting but I'd do that deal. It would suck to lose Kakko but we'd still have Laf, Panarin, Kravtsov, Buch, Kreider on the wings. Lundkvist is a great prospect and I'd rather trade one of our other D prospects instead but for Eichel and with Fox and Trouba, plus Schneider behind him it makes it easier to stomach.
Eichel scored 82 points in 77 games, followed by 78 points in 68 games, on a terrible team. What do you think he'd do on a club with talent like Panarin, Zibanejad, Lafreniere, Fox, etc.? He'd be a steady 95-100 point machine--and he's just 24.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
The wishful thinking and attempts to devalue Eichel continues.

You can't play oracle and GM and make trade proposals with this confidence since a player of this calibre and age simply doesn't get traded. This would be a very rare happening.

But feels like if any team would trade and accept an awful deal for a player like that it would be BUF, so maybe you're right in, sometimes even reluctantly, offering scraps and might bes and creating that aura of devaluation around this.

But people should be forced to watch every second of this clip before unlocking the ability to enter this thread:

43 goal pace last season he was healthy and didn't miss the camp and later most of the season. Playing for Buffalo and Krueger.

Reactions: nofehr

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
The wishful thinking and attempts to devalue Eichel continues.

You can't play oracle and GM and make trade proposals with this confidence since a player of this calibre and age simply doesn't get traded. This would be a very rare happening.

But feels like if any team would trade and accept an awful deal for a player like that it would be BUF, so maybe you're right in, sometimes even reluctantly, offering scraps and might bes and creating that aura of devaluation around this.

But people should be forced to watch every second of this clip before unlocking the ability to enter this thread:

43 goal pace last season he was healthy and didn't miss the camp and later most of the season. Playing for Buffalo and Krueger.

Post the video highlights of him playing after this neck injury

Reactions: Daves a mess

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
This board is hilarious. Before the year TSN had Eichel ranked as a top 5-6 player in the entire league. Now he’s worth nothing more than a 2nd round pick.
Anyone who thought Eichel could even sniff a top 5 ranking is a joke and doesn't understand hockey. Eichel has never been even close to one. He shows flashes sure, but he's just another fringe top 10 Center. Nothing more.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I keep thinking the Rangers are going to make a play for Eichel. Is this offer reasonable?

TO NYR:
- Eichel

TO BUF:
- Kakko
- Lundkvist
- Georgiev
- 1st round pick

The Rags get their prize without moving Lafreniere. The Sabres get rid of season-long drama and add a potential star winger, a RHD who can play in the top-4 and be a main PP QB, a very good starting goaltender, and a fairly high 1st round pick.

No it is not reasonable.
It suggests a refutation of the truth I have noted and underscored repeatedly.

Rangers do NOT have surplus of bluest blue chip elcs, hence none are available. The only possible exception is LD Jones, who comes with an asterisk: projected as 'another Fox', we may very well deal him since we also have actual Fox; however, we are not giving away Jones. If someone wants him now, they have to recognize most of that projection in the value assigned to him.

It is possible to get 4, maybe even values of 5 1st rounders in an Eich return. But it is not a 1 way street.
BUF does NOT control the return, which it may only ask for, not compel.
I get Sabes want replacement bluest blue chip elcs for rebuild.
Unless a club has fully enuf to = surplus so it can afford a splurge, no club will go there.

The Rangers should not bid at all, IMO, on Eich for the following.
Setting aside bluest blue chips go nowhere,
1. medical risk/concerns
2. structural cap
getting Eich 99% means Zib has to go, cannot afford cap hit for both
but zib aside NYR currently cannot add another 10m or so guy until Trouba's 8m goes and he has ironclad NMC which he enforces at least thru next season, likely another year or 2 after that.

even if we repurpose Buch + Strome into futures, we need those cap savings to new rfa deals.

Were there a deal to happen, and NYR would take on risk of juggling its cap -- a road every team wants to avoid beyond what is necessary -- for all of the above it would be
EITHER
like Zib + Hajek + 2021 nyr 1st + 2025 7th which is conditional, can be upgraded to a higher pick depending on Eich's actual production.

In this model Sabes get most of Eich for less cost.
The 2 probs here, howev, are zib has to waive, and is a ufa after upcoming season.

OR
like Buch + Strome + a lesser but good looking prospect not quite bluest blue chip like Barron + 2021 1st
probs here are
Rangers a locked into that roster w/no cap flexibility short term w/need for cap for rfa etc increases.
and
Buch and Strome, while each can be flipped for 1st+, are ufa after Buch final rfa deal and Strome upcoming final year. This means no one stop shopping Sabes must do rollow up on rental deals for these 2 unless signed, tho in their mid 20s, each can go for another 4 years. Would they commit to Sabes?

Every couple of pages, somebody posts a variant on the blue chips theme, and I am forced to respond with posts like this to refute such narrative.

Thanks but no thanks pls leave NYR out of it, we do need a strategic deal or 2 but Eich is not it.

Go elsewhere as to JE.
Otherwise, happy to discuss

I'm not so sure about that. The Rangers would be getting a potential 85-100 point, 1st line centerman without giving up ANY of their 5-6 best players. Is Kakko a nice piece? Absolutely. Is he a deal-breaker when it comes to Eichel under contract? Absolutely not.

Is Nils Lundkvist an excellent prospect? For sure. But the Rags already have RHD in Fox and Trouba who aren't going anywhere. They also have two other stud, young D in Miller and Jones. Lundkvist is the perfect player to add into a potential trade because the Sabres need him more than the Rangers do.

Georgiev is also another nice piece but the Rags have their tender of the future in Shesterkin so Georgiev is a wonderful asset for them to add to an Eichel deal.

The 1st is the 1st--you don't get a Jack Eichel without including a 1st in the package--period.

While this initially looks like "sticker shock" to Rangers fans who want to steal Eichel without giving up anything of value, once Eichel becomes your star, top-line center for a decade, the Rangers become legit contenders for a long time. Picture a future PP of Panarin, Eichel, Zibanejad, Lafreniere and Fox. My goodness.

You are wrong.
1. Only God is actually absolute [in the same way man is not perfect but may be capable of excellence, possibly in even flawless actions without error], but to the extent that otherwise may apply Kakko is in fact an unavailable deal breaker.

2. NIls L is needed for our RD. Schneider will get top mins waiting to replace Trouba, hopefully after next season. Also not available.

Geo is available for a reasonable price.
Geo + return of BUF 3rd for Sabes 2nd?

Eichel has a 10M cap hit and requires neck surgery. I’d rather keep those assets and just bring back Mika. Maybe shop Lundkvist for a young center.

Full concur except as to Nils L. not available.
Jones ++ for Villardi + is the way to go.

Any trade with Lafreniere or Kakko and the Rangers say no thanks.

Eichel isn’t worth the hefty price tag that Buffalo will charge the Rangers. Kings can have him.
Yes, but w/disclaimer, if LA wants him, which seems to be a no for bluest blue chip Cs, assuming every variation on that theme has been considered.

Agreed.
Kakko, quality d-prospect like Lundivist, 1st. That is a likely combo if Eichel is traded to NYR.
for all of the above, NO
not likely
not happenin

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Anyone who thought Eichel could even sniff a top 5 ranking is a joke and doesn't understand hockey. Eichel has never been even close to one. He shows flashes sure, but he's just another fringe top 10 Center. Nothing more.

I wouldn't say this.
within top 10 when healthy, not top 5
worth 4 1sts value, just not whatever most desired currency Sabes are asking

Ledge And Dairy

I wouldn't say this.
within top 10 when healthy, not top 5
worth 4 1sts value, just not whatever most desired currency Sabes are asking
I think "4 1sts" should really be defined on this thread. Trading a 1st generally means you are a buyer, a buyers 1st is usually located in the mid-late part of the draft. Thus 4 1sts is equal to 4 mid-late 1sts. By definition prospects like Byfield/Kakko/Lafreniere are technically 1sts but are worth way more than a mid-late 1st. I would even say it may cost 4 mid-late 1sts to move up to the #1 or #2 spot in the draft (on average). Thus meaning the above named prospects have roughly the same trade value as Eichel and would therefore logically not be on the table in a "package deal" for Eichel.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
1445696605818.gif

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Sabres aren't trading Eichel unless they're blown away by a deal. Ristolainen has been trying to get out for a couple years. The O'Reilly trade has made the Sabres hesitant to pull the trigger.

I can't see them doing it again without getting a ransom return. Reinhart on the other hand could be had due to contract unfortunately. He's the guy teams should be trying to get. He'll be much more productive on his next team.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Sucks he was hurt this year, pretty impressive to pretty much go PPG this season with no neck. For sure tho, fringe top 10 Center LOL.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I know it's not realistic but just for fun was thinking about a 3-way trade. Buffalo, Columubus and Tampa could make one that benefits all imo.

To BUF: Sergachyov, Foote, Foudy, Johnson, CBJ 1st 22, TBL 1st 22.
To CBJ: Eichel, Ristolainen
To TBL: Jones, Korpisalo

Columubus has no one remotly close to 1c. So if Eichel comes available they should go for it. Tampa needs top pair rd and a good backup right? So even if they lose on value, this fits those needs nicely. Foote and the 1st are not pieces that hurt them much. Also they get rid of TJ's contract. Buffalo gets a nice haul with a good centerpiece in Sergachyov. Having TJ in the deal is not ideal obviously but i think it shows on the package as an extra 1st. After this if they could keep Reinhart long term the young core would look very good on both c and d. Add to that a hig 1st this year and 3x1st next year. Then wait couple of years when TJ has a year left and move him with a 2nd or something if your young core is ready.
So its been a few days since i posted this. Nobody has said their team gets screwed. So everyone approves?

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not so sure about that. The Rangers would be getting a potential 85-100 point, 1st line centerman without giving up ANY of their 5-6 best players. Is Kakko a nice piece? Absolutely. Is he a deal-breaker when it comes to Eichel under contract? Absolutely not.

Is Nils Lundkvist an excellent prospect? For sure. But the Rags already have RHD in Fox and Trouba who aren't going anywhere. They also have two other stud, young D in Miller and Jones. Lundkvist is the perfect player to add into a potential trade because the Sabres need him more than the Rangers do.

Georgiev is also another nice piece but the Rags have their tender of the future in Shesterkin so Georgiev is a wonderful asset for them to add to an Eichel deal.

The 1st is the 1st--you don't get a Jack Eichel without including a 1st in the package--period.

While this initially looks like "sticker shock" to Rangers fans who want to steal Eichel without giving up anything of value, once Eichel becomes your star, top-line center for a decade, the Rangers become legit contenders for a long time. Picture a future PP of Panarin, Eichel, Zibanejad, Lafreniere and Fox. My goodness.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

The trade itself is fine value wise, but your leaving out a whole bunch of factors. The PP you listed below would never exist because if the rangers made this trade, the cap room for Zibby is gone.
So is it better for the rangers to do this rather then resigning their PPG center for 5-6 years at 9 to 9.5 mill and maybe use the assets in that package to maybe deal with LA directly for Turcotte Instead???
If the rangers deal for Eichel there is a lot more at stake then just his injury status. Eichel is not overpaid, but adding a 10 mill cap hit to the current roster will have other ramifications no matter how you slice it that’s the business side people tend to forget about when making these video game type trades.
I know Eichel is better they Zibby, but i don’t think he’s that much better to warrant all of the things that follow

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think "4 1sts" should really be defined on this thread. Trading a 1st generally means you are a buyer, a buyers 1st is usually located in the mid-late part of the draft. Thus 4 1sts is equal to 4 mid-late 1sts. By definition prospects like Byfield/Kakko/Lafreniere are technically 1sts but are worth way more than a mid-late 1st. I would even say it may cost 4 mid-late 1sts to move up to the #1 or #2 spot in the draft (on average). Thus meaning the above named prospects have roughly the same trade value as Eichel and would therefore logically not be on the table in a "package deal" for Eichel.

I agree w/the first part, obv, all 1sts are not equal
and the follow through,
four 1sts should be construed as mid/mid to late 1sts on average
(so like 15-25 slotting on average, one could be 10, another 30).

as to "Thus meaning the above named prospects have roughly the same trade value as Eichel and would therefore logically not be on the table in a "package deal" for Eichel.", it is not clear exactly what you mean.

If we are referencing the prior propped deal by another poster
- Kakko
- Lundkvist
- Georgiev
- 1st round pick

for the reasons I explained in detail at post 1113, two of those are not on the table, so that offer is moot [setting aside NYR do not want Eich anyway].

if you are referencing my hypothetical saying IF IF IF NYR would bypass salary and other concerns, which was "like Buch + Strome + a lesser but good looking prospect not quite bluest blue chip like Barron + 2021 1st"
that is 4 ish 1sts based on current value:
Buch = 1st w/signif +
Strome = 1st w/small to moderate +
Barron was a 6OA but looks like would redraft way higher, add whatever that is to the above two +s, and that is ballpark a 1st
and 2021 1st = 1st

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Eichel scored 82 points in 77 games, followed by 78 points in 68 games, on a terrible team. What do you think he'd do on a club with talent like Panarin, Zibanejad, Lafreniere, Fox, etc.? He'd be a steady 95-100 point machine--and he's just 24.
He’ll never play with Zibby, cap won’t allow it. It will be 1 or the other. And players don’t just jump 20 points. Usually playing with more talented people means there’s less pucks to go around

Reactions: bernmeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany