News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
This feels like it’s gonna a be a real fun archive. “Remember when Rangers fans wouldn’t trade Kappo f***ing Kakko for Jack Eichel?”

What’s fun is watching people like yourself get all fussy because we don’t want to trade a ton of our assets for a player like Eichel. Why is that so hard to believe? We’d rather re-sign Zbad and keep our Kappo f***ing Kakko’s instead.

for anyone interested, Yardbarker has the following, originally from Forever Blueshirts:

Report: New York Rangers interest in Jack Eichel has cooled tremendously | Yardbarker

Forever Blueshirts is not a valid source. It’s some fat bald loser living in his parents basement generating garbage for clicks.

You think Sather is going to leak info to him, or his buddy uncle Larry?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Sabres aren't trading Eichel unless they're blown away by a deal. Ristolainen has been trying to get out for a couple years. The O'Reilly trade has made the Sabres hesitant to pull the trigger.

I can't see them doing it again without getting a ransom return. Reinhart on the other hand could be had due to contract unfortunately. He's the guy teams should be trying to get. He'll be much more productive on his next team.
Denial is the first step

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
This board is hilarious. Before the year TSN had Eichel ranked as a top 5-6 player in the entire league. Now he’s worth nothing more than a 2nd round pick.

Severe spinal injury requiring surgery, "lingering" abdominal injury combined with a complete disconnect with management resulting in a public disclosure of unhappiness... Will drop any players' value like a rock.

But also a bit of a straw man here... No one thinks his value is a second.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
What’s fun is watching people like yourself get all fussy because we don’t want to trade a ton of our assets for a player like Eichel. Why is that so hard to believe? We’d rather re-sign Zbad and keep our Kappo f***ing Kakko’s instead.

Forever Blueshirts is not a valid source. It’s some fat bald loser living in his parents basement generating garbage for clicks.

:laugh: Got me good with this one here haha

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

I said earlier, this kind of reminds me of the Jets Trouba thread a few years ago. Trouba was 23-24 was playing first pairing D and had put up 50 because of the jets PP. Those fans swore up and down that they were getting a kings ransom and that Chevy wasn’t moving him for anything less just because he wanted out. In the end he got traded for a undrafted college FA and a mid first hah. ( Pionk actually turned out to be a pretty good D. But ranger fans know what he is and what he isn’t)
This thread kind of reminds me of that. Both players wanted out from their current clubs. Eichel is obviously the superior player to Trouba, but the names being thrown around for trade and the +++ assets is comical. I can’t wait to til the day he dealt. Some people are going to be eating a lot of crow. You want a good laugh, go take a few minutes and look at the jets trade trouba threads from a few years back

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Barron was a 6OA but looks like would redraft way higher, add whatever that is to the above two +s, and that is ballpark a 1st
and 2021 1st = 1st
How do you figure?

55 guys from his draft have more NHL pts than him, 7 guys have the same number of pts as him.

He had less ppg in the AHL this year than Lias Andersson, whose value was a very late 2nd.

Not a single team in the NHL gives up a 1st rd pick for Morgan Barron. He's not the bluest of blue chips, he's not the tealest of blue chips or the palest of blue chips. He's beige.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Your boy Matthews wouldn’t be 3/4ths of the player he is if he played on Jack’s team. Relax :laugh:
Sabres fans 7 years ago "You need to tank to get that elite franchise player who can singlehandedly turn your team around. You only get that guy by intentionally sucking so bad that you cheer for the other team when they score against you.'

Sabres fans now "It's not Jack's fault. "

Seems like tanking may not have been a great strategy after all if 7 years later your just as bad when you are actually trying to be good.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
You aint getting jack if you don't give up your best prospect.

My source.
Common sense

This line of thinking is annoying.

Are all teams' beat prospects equal?

Could one teams' second best prospect be better than another teams' best prospect?

Could one teams' fourth best prospect be better than another teams' best prospect?

You see where I'm going.

Just because a teams' best prospect isn't included in the proposal, it doesn't make the proposal bad or inherently worse than another proposal.

Last edited:

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
There is a long history of trades involving high value players that are not deadline deals.

Contract, term, age, injury history, wanting-out, recent production, etc.. all come into it, but generally the Sabres will likely get three "assets". Sometimes there is some D level prospect involved but that is just filler. You also have to consider that the assets are only valued at the time of the trade, some trades turn out well for the seller (Yashin/Duchene/Karlsson), and some trades turn out horribly (ROR/Seguin)

Asset #1: A good or great pick/prospect/player.
Asset #2: A good to okay great pick/prospect/player.
Asset # 3: An good to bad great pick/prospect/player.

If Asset #1 is great, Asset #2 and #3 will probably only be okay. If Asset # 2 is also good, than Asset #3 will be bad. If Asset #1 is only good, Asset # 2 will also be good, and Asset #3 will not be bad.

The Carter: Great (Voracek), Good (a 1st), and Bad (3rd)
The Richards: Good (Schenn), Good (Simmonds), and Okay(2nd)
The Yashin: Great (Top2 pick), Good (Chara), and Bad (Muckalt)
The Seguin: Good (Eriksson), Good (Morrow), and Okay (Smith)
The Duchene: Good (1st), Good (Bowers), and Okay (Turris + Hammond Dump)
The Karlsson: Good (Norris), Good (1st+conditional), and Good (Tierney/Demelo)
The Kessel: + 2nd: Good (Kapanen), Good (1st), and Okay (3rd)
The ROR: Good (1st), Okay (Thompson), Okay (2nd) and Okay (Berglund/Sobotka)
The Burns + 2nd: Good (Setoguchi), Good (Coyle), and Good (1st) (I think this is the best Buffalo can hope for. Include a pick and get three good assets)

There are some outliers. Subban went for Weber, Hall went for Larsson, and Jones went for Johansson. Maybe there is another disgruntled star out there for a 1 for 1.

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Rangers offer Colin Blackwell and David Quinn's "Grit training manual" (a few coffee stains, otherwise in perfect condition).

If Buffalo retains 50 % of Eichel's salary, Rangers will gladly add one box of Glen Sather's favorite cigars in a luxury package (matches included).

Ledge And Dairy

There is a long history of trades involving high value players that are not deadline deals.

Contract, term, age, injury history, wanting-out, recent production, etc.. all come into it, but generally the Sabres will likely get three "assets". Sometimes there is some D level prospect involved but that is just filler. You also have to consider that the assets are only valued at the time of the trade, some trades turn out well for the seller (Yashin/Duchene/Karlsson), and some trades turn out horribly (ROR/Seguin)

Asset #1: A good or great pick/prospect/player.
Asset #2: A good to okay great pick/prospect/player.
Asset # 3: An good to bad great pick/prospect/player.

If Asset #1 is great, Asset #2 and #3 will probably only be okay. If Asset # 2 is also good, than Asset #3 will be bad. If Asset #1 is only good, Asset # 2 will also be good, and Asset #3 will not be bad.

The Carter: Great (Voracek), Good (a 1st), and Bad (3rd)
The Richards: Good (Schenn), Good (Simmonds), and Okay(2nd)
The Yashin: Great (Top2 pick), Good (Chara), and Bad (Muckalt)
The Seguin: Good (Eriksson), Good (Morrow), and Okay (Smith)
The Duchene: Good (1st), Good (Bowers), and Okay (Turris + Hammond Dump)
The Karlsson: Good (Norris), Good (1st+conditional), and Good (Tierney/Demelo)
The Kessel: + 2nd: Good (Kapanen), Good (1st), and Okay (3rd)
The ROR: Good (1st), Okay (Thompson), Okay (2nd) and Okay (Berglund/Sobotka)
The Burns + 2nd: Good (Setoguchi), Good (Coyle), and Good (1st) (I think this is the best Buffalo can hope for. Include a pick and get three good assets)

There are some outliers. Subban went for Weber, Hall went for Larsson, and Jones went for Johansson. Maybe there is another disgruntled star out there for a 1 for 1.
If both the team acquiring Eichel and the team trading Eichel were dealing from positions of strength to fix positions of weakness then a hockey trade like your "outliers" would make sense, however that is not the case with Buffalo. Any trade involving Eichel leaving the Sabres will end up involving futures coming back like your other examples.

(I personally would change Schenn to Great since he was a highly valued prospect at the time)

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Sabres fans 7 years ago "You need to tank to get that elite franchise player who can singlehandedly turn your team around. You only get that guy by intentionally sucking so bad that you cheer for the other team when they score against you.'

Sabres fans now "It's not Jack's fault. "

Seems like tanking may not have been a great strategy after all if 7 years later your just as bad when you are actually trying to be good.
Don't say sabre fans because iam one.I would never cheer against my team for a higher pick because unlike other sports your drafting 18 year old kids big crapshoor.If your a sports fan at all you don't cheer against your team.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I think "4 1sts" should really be defined on this thread. Trading a 1st generally means you are a buyer, a buyers 1st is usually located in the mid-late part of the draft. Thus 4 1sts is equal to 4 mid-late 1sts. By definition prospects like Byfield/Kakko/Lafreniere are technically 1sts but are worth way more than a mid-late 1st. I would even say it may cost 4 mid-late 1sts to move up to the #1 or #2 spot in the draft (on average). Thus meaning the above named prospects have roughly the same trade value as Eichel and would therefore logically not be on the table in a "package deal" for Eichel.

What you're referring to is buyers trading for rentals for a couple months in a playoff push.

Eichel will be 25 with 5 years remaining on his contract. It's a completely different situation than what are describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad