News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Eichel will be dealt this off-season with LA or NYR as most likely destinations

Reinhart will be dealt this off-season as well. Alot of suitors will be all over this. You could pick 10-15 teams pretty easily

Ristolainen will either be picked by Seattle or will be a 2022 TDL move.

Its going to suck but if Buffalo does this right they really could set themselves up nicely moving forward.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
The Sabres hold most of the cards here.

Adams will take a page from the Texans on the Deshaun Watson saga...just a reminder, Watson was begging to be traded earlier this year. I am not lying when I say that more than half the league was interested until the Texans let it be known that, we'll trade you but the asking price is 4 first rounders and a blue chip defensive prospect, then supposedly only 2 teams were still interested before his legal issues surfaced.

The Sabres will ask for a significant package. If a team isn't interested in paying it, then so be it. His surgery and rehab is estimated at 8 weeks, and if he wants to hold out next season then he can forfeit $10 million dollars that he'll never make up.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015

Adams will take a page from the Texans on the Deshaun Watson saga...just a reminder, Watson was begging to be traded earlier this year. I am not lying when I say that more than half the league was interested until the Texans let it be known that, we'll trade you but the asking price is 4 first rounders and a blue chip defensive prospect, then supposedly only 2 teams were still interested before his legal issues surfaced.

The Sabres will ask for a significant package. If a team isn't interested in paying it, then so be it. His surgery and rehab is estimated at 8 weeks, and if he wants to hold out next season then he can forfeit $10 million dollars that he'll never make up.

So you're saying Jack should start a massage parlor spree?

Reactions: Nozil

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

He'll PLD out there and force your hand during the year, which would net you an even worse return.
Either they show early on that they are gunning for the Cup or they trade him during the Summer. Otherwise he'll PLD out there and try to force their hand and the return during the season will be lower since team have less cap leeway.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

Eichel has an abdominal injury and a neck injury that likely both require surgery to correct. I wonder how much this will scare potential suitors.

Sabres are probably better off betting on Jack recovering from surgery and waiting to trade him until he comes back and proves he's healthy and can produce at 40+goal, 95+point pace again.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary GM Treliving has missed too many big fish lately and is on his last legs. He missed on Stone, Anderson, Hall recently, I'm sure I'm missing a couple others.

This would be his last chance to take the team to the next level, and a bonafide superstar center could do that.

I think he goes all in to save this squad and throws in a Monahan plus +++ offer at the draft that could include a top ten pick and a top prospect (or two).

Monahan plus their 2021 first round pick, (after the lottery) plus Pelletier and Kylington. Expansion draft might create a wrinkle but I anticipate Calgary to be all over this player.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Or Eichel can just decide to show up, and sit on the bench, and still get paid.

Team won't be avle to suspend him if player shows he wants to play. He doesn't have to put any effort into ot tho.

And it'll plum his value even more...

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com

Eichel has an abdominal injury and a neck injury that likely both require surgery to correct. I wonder how much this will scare potential suitors.

Sabres are probably better off betting on Jack recovering from surgery and waiting to trade him until he comes back and proves he's healthy and can produce at 40+goal, 95+point pace again.

I agree completely. As much as both parties may want to end this, until he plays and shows he is healthy and productive, a deal could be very difficult.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Calgary GM Treliving has missed too many big fish lately and is on his last legs. He missed on Stone, Anderson, Hall recently, I'm sure I'm missing a couple others.

This would be his last chance to take the team to the next level, and a bonafide superstar center could do that.

I think he goes all in to save this squad and throws in a Monahan plus +++ offer at the draft that could include a top ten pick and a top prospect (or two).

Monahan plus their 2021 first round pick, (after the lottery) plus Pelletier and Kylington. Expansion draft might create a wrinkle but I anticipate Calgary to be all over this player.
Any deal between Calgary and Buffalo including Jack Eichel will include Tkachuk or Buffalo simply goes to the next bidder

Reactions: ricku

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

You may want to double check this.

Reactions: Guttersniped

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Or Eichel can just decide to show up, and sit on the bench, and still get paid.

Team won't be avle to suspend him if player shows he wants to play. He doesn't have to put any effort into ot tho.
Yeah that'd be a great look for Jack. Nothing like showing the rest of the league that instead of being a competitor you're a petulant little child.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

The Sabres hold leverage, but it takes a massive hit as soon as next season begins. Blockbuster deals rarely happen during the season. Mark Stone would be the last one and even that deal didn't return as much as it would have if it had been done during the offseason.

Eichel isn't going to sit out the season. He's going to say he's injured and can't play or show up and play but make it clear he wants out. Either way, it will be an untenable situation for the Sabres. Once his NMC kicks in after the 21-22 season, they lose almost all leverage.

The time to trade Eichel if this season didn't work out was always going to be this coming offseason. That time is here. The injury is obviously concerning, but it shouldn't hurt his value that much.

Sabres aren't getting that legit 1st line player you desperately crave. This will be a quantity for quality deal, where that quantity will almost certainly be multiple PREMIUM prospects. Ex. Laf/Kakko from NYR, Byfield from LAK, Lundell AND Knight from FLA, etc...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

This last line is a dream for Sabres fans and will never get to this point.

What do you expect the Sabres to so? They dont like the offers they get so they will let their star players value plummet even more, even further alienate the dressing room causing more distribution in the development of their young guys while also ensuring no star players want to sign their as well?

Just to get a slightly better offer? Never happening

Reactions: Flan the incredible

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah that'd be a great look for Jack. Nothing like showing the rest of the league that instead of being a competitor you're a petulant little child.
Nothing like playing a guy that wants out cause you're not getting a Gretzky like return...

Sabres won't get that, ans Eichel NMC starts on 2022-2023, either they trase him now, or his value drops even more as he'll chose where he's heading.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I sort of feel like every team would make an offer.

Could just list all 31 hypothetical offers in a google spreadsheet, and see which one Buffalo bites on.

Oilers would start with Holloway, Broberg and a 1st, and keep adding.
I'd imagine the Habs would start with Caufield, Kotkaniemi, a 1st and keep adding.

I feel like you could ransack any organizations top prospects if that's the direction you want to take.
If you want more immediate futures, I wouldn't be surprised if Jack Hughes+Hirschier / Kaako+Laf are on the table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad