News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The Kings are pretty high on Turcotte. He was a rookie this year in the AHL who plays a 200' game. He centered the WJC Gold Medal top line with Zegras and Arty. He's continued to show improvement throughout the AHL season. There was a pundit who tracks NA players from their youth teams, through juniors and into the AHL. He knows Turcotte pretty well, he stated that as good as Turcotte is at Center, he may be even better at Wing. Which, happens to be a weakness in the Kings pipeline. So, I don't see the Kings being too motivated to move on from him.
That could be an avenue they explore. I’m not as high on Turcotte as many. I think for sure he’ll be a good NHL player and is comparable to a guy like Chytil for instance. Turcotte surely has a better draft pedigree and name, but I don’t think he’s destined to be a first liner either. I’m much higher on Villardi. Turcotte hasn’t exactly lit the AHL in fire at .5 ppg. But who knows.
I hate using the WJC as a barometer. As a ranger fan, we’ve seen far too many prospects on dominant lines there, where the game just doesn’t translate well to the NHL. Dawes, Grachev, Duclair,etc to name a few. It’s too short a time span, one dominant player can absolutely make the 2 other guys on the line look a lot better then they actually are.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
How do you figure?

55 guys from his draft have more NHL pts than him, 7 guys have the same number of pts as him.

He had less ppg in the AHL this year than Lias Andersson, whose value was a very late 2nd.

Not a single team in the NHL gives up a 1st rd pick for Morgan Barron. He's not the bluest of blue chips, he's not the tealest of blue chips or the palest of blue chips. He's beige.

I see Barron as more of a tie-dye chip that other teams might look down upon, but just fits us perfectly. :) He's a prototypical "more valuable to us than he is in trade" kind of player. Physical, has decent size, good at face-offs, good defensively, and the PPG in the AHL was just a bonus. This kid could be the 3rd/4th line center we've been looking for. I don't give him up easily, though I also don't see too many teams making him their "line in the sand" ask, either. I see a Dominic Moore type with maybe a bit more scoring ability in Barron.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
That could be an avenue they explore. I’m not as high on Turcotte as many. I think for sure he’ll be a good NHL player and is comparable to a guy like Chytil for instance. Turcotte surely has a better draft pedigree and name, but I don’t think he’s destined to be a first liner either. I’m much higher on Villardi. Turcotte hasn’t exactly lit the AHL in fire at .5 ppg. But who knows.
I hate using the WJC as a barometer. As a ranger fan, we’ve seen far too many prospects on dominant lines there, where the game just doesn’t translate well to the NHL. Dawes, Grachev, Duclair,etc to name a few. It’s too short a time span, one dominant player can absolutely make the 2 other guys on the line look a lot better then they actually are.
Point being that he has been building a resume. He is in his first year playing as a professional. He's shown continued improvement, which is what the King's management have been looking for. I doubt they are going to trade him at this point of their rebuild and his development.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I very specifically said mid-late 1st in my original post about the value of the 1st. I also never said anything about what Eichel would do for the receiving team, you are putting words into my mouth

You said the only Eichel buyers 1st round picks would be mid-late in the 1st round, meaning teams that are already good.

I'd argue that putting Eichel on your roster potentially makes even a bad team, that would have earlier picks, into a good team as long as they are not as ineptly managed as the Sabres.

Teams that are drafting in the mid-late 1st round are not the only potential buyers of Eichel

Ledge And Dairy

You said the only Eichel buyers 1st round picks would be mid-late in the 1st round, meaning teams that are already good.

I'd argue that putting Eichel on your roster potentially makes even a bad team, that would have earlier picks, into a good team as long as they are not as ineptly managed as the Sabres.

Teams that are drafting in the mid-late 1st round are not the only potential buyers of Eichel
Im not talking about what teams are interested in him or how he would effect the recieving team at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad