Confirmed with Link: Jack Drury signs ELC

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Second reason is I can't see Foegele or McGinn signing a contract with Carolina to simply rotate on the 4th line. McGinn as a UFA will get paid by someone. As we know, Foegele is already asking for a bigger role.
this. friedman said that foegele is looking for a bigger role and that both foegele and the team want to move on. he's not going to be happy if he winds up on the 4th line and we're probably going to have another haula situation with a player pouting until he gets moved. the fact that apparently the team wants to move on as well makes me think we may already be there. this doesn't appear to be a dzingel type situation where it's a trade request behind the scenes and he's going to shut his mouth and do as he he's asked until it happens. the fact that this is public already months before the season makes me think a trade (or a non-QO if they can't find a taker) *needs* to happen.

mcginn seems like he's fine with a fourth line role but we can't afford to pay him what we'll command on the open market. $2.1m was already a bit pricy for him in that role and now someone (read: edmonton) is going to drive up the price.

mcginn/foegele/martinook all making $2m+ for their roles was a luxury we could afford with svech and necas on their elcs. with svech up for a new deal and necas up next year we can no longer afford to pay $2m+ for guys who may play on the fourth line. especially when we have an abundance of forward prospects on elcs (drury, suzuki, cotton, jarvis, bokk) or cheap deals (geekie who will probably take league minimum, lorentz who is actually *below* league min due to how his contract was set up) who can fill those roles.

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
They’ve definitely got the spin going, and with them about to let guys go while hyping Jack it definitely is starting to look like the fourth line spot is his to lose. That’s counter culture for Rod but the player is tailor made for the coach so that’ll probably be overlooked. His skating can’t look worse than Geekie’s so at least there’s that, Geekie can shoot so a playmaker will do him good. Lorentz will be carrying the load forechecking.

I still feel like one of McGinn or Foegele is going to be back next season....and I believe it's likely McGinn. He's a bit of a Swiss Army Knife guy and they can be valuable. While he might get more on the open market, he also might not as there are a number of 3rd/4th line tweeners that will be available.

My guess about Foegele is that he's still part of a Seattle transaction.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I still feel like one of McGinn or Foegele is going to be back next season....and I believe it's likely McGinn. He's a bit of a Swiss Army Knife guy and they can be valuable. While he might get more on the open market, he also might not as there are a number of 3rd/4th line tweeners that will be available.

It's certainly possible. It sounds like Foegele wants to move on though so I agree with you, it may be McGinn (if the price is right).

I think he's become better than Foegele defensively, but Foegele is the better goal scorer.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
CapFriendly is still unconfirmed on his contract details.

Reactions: DaveG

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
To build consistent success in the league, a team has to be able to promote guys up to take the place of guys who have overpriced their slot in the lineup. Foegele is one of my favorites, but he has a certain value for the spot he takes in the lineup. Every team can use a guy like him, but you can’t pay him to be a LaRose first line winger

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Holy f***.

CapFriendly has taken away the "Unconfirmed" from Drury's contract, and supposedly they now got his correct contract intel.

Max ELC $925k per year of which max allowed $92.5k as signing bonus.

And absolutely no individually negotiated Performance Bonus whatsoever. No roster bonus, no nothing.

Jack Drury Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I don't believe this, but this is what they claim.

Fire your agent, Jack.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Holy f***.

CapFriendly has taken away the "Unconfirmed" from Drury's contract, and supposedly they now got his correct contract intel.

And absolutely no individually negotiated Performance Bonus whatsoever. No roster bonus, no nothing.

Fire your agent, Jack.

I love when Lempo curses.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Holy f***.

Fire your agent, Jack.

Well, his uncle Tripp works cheap, so.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
@CapFriendly,

in your salary breakdown you have Exhibition 5 Performance Bonuses lumped together with CBA 9.7 Games Played Bonuses.

Canes being a team that is tightfisted with giving the ELC players Exhibition 5 bonuses but that uses quite a lot Games Played Bonuses, the Canes "Performance Bonus" sub-page on your site becomes an experience that needs quite an amount of further user decyphering.

Not that the decyphering isn't fun, but:

Have you thought about presenting the Games Played or Roster Bonuses separately from the actual (Exhibition 5) Performance Bonuses? Or do feel that it would not be worthwhile, because the 35+ contracts can have whatever individually negotiated bonuses in them and they would then have to be sorted out into those two categories?

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
@CapFriendly,

in your salary breakdown you have Exhibition 5 Performance Bonuses lumped together with CBA 9.7 Games Played Bonuses.

Canes being a team that is tightfisted with giving the ELC players Exhibition 5 bonuses but that uses quite a lot Games Played Bonuses, the Canes "Performance Bonus" sub-page on your site becomes an experience that needs quite an amount of further user decyphering.

Not that the decyphering isn't fun, but:

Have you thought about presenting the Games Played or Roster Bonuses separately from the actual (Exhibition 5) Performance Bonuses? Or do feel that it would not be worthwhile, because the 35+ contracts can have whatever individually negotiated bonuses in them and they would then have to be sorted out into those two categories?

I feel like this needs some proper letterhead to go along with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad