Confirmed with Link: Jack Drury signs ELC

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Nah, just using the hard work to overcome lesser natural skills example.

It was a no-win though. I almost put a disclaimer that "I'm not suggesting he'll be one of the best like bird", but then Minjaben would have commented about me being a king of disclaimers so I left it open for someone like you to make the "Larry Bird of hockey" comment.

Oh well.

EDIT: Sticking with the Celtics, maybe Danny Ainge is a better example.

Is Jack Drury a massive prick? I know the Ainge family and I hope Jack is nothing like any of them

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Warsofsky has said in an interview not long ago that Drury is a RBA player for sure.

I think that is a complement anyone could get in his position.

Honestly, given the surprising goal scoring touch he's shown, I don't think RBA himself is a bad comparison for his style of play and potential ceiling in the NHL. At this point, I think Jordan Staal replacement is his floor. Still don't understand why we sent him down, but he'll be with the team for the playoff run I'm sure, and on the roster next year.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Honestly, given the surprising goal scoring touch he's shown, I don't think RBA himself is a bad comparison for his style of play and potential ceiling in the NHL. At this point, I think Jordan Staal replacement is his floor. Still don't understand why we sent him down, but he'll be with the team for the playoff run I'm sure, and on the roster next year.
$$$'s :)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Drury cycling in at 4C during the playoffs could be a nice little punch we dip into later this year

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Let's just pump the brakes a bit here. Just because he was said to be an RBA guy doesn't mean he has anywhere near the ceiling that RBA had. Rod spent one season in the NCAA and then was an NHL regular and never looked back. Drury spent two years in the NCAA, then one in the SHL, and now one in the AHL. He's got a ways to go before we should expect anything other than bottom six player or 100 NHL games played.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Didn't someone that knew the Drury family from CT insinuate one time on this board that they (or at least Chris) was kind of a prick?

Everything I read about Jack says exactly the opposite though.
I met Chris when he was with the Avs and at the time he was a douche. It was confirmed by a friend who had spent time with him through his fiancée at about the same time.

Someone else here said that Chris and some of the others from the little league World Series teams were that way.

No one ever said a word in that direction about Ted though, it was a Chris thing. Ted had character through the roof, and was a leader wherever he went. Chris was great in pressure moments in games, and what he did more often than not were solo plays. That was kind of his thing actually. Pulling off moves you wouldn’t think he could do in big moments, and he did it a lot.

Rod is a pretty rough comparison. He was a high draft pick with much higher expectations. Rod scored 97 pts one season, with two other high 80 seasons. He was a high end scorer who played tough, and the rest of the legend grew in time. Drury has never been like Rod. Hell, Chris never reached Rod’s younger offense at his very best.

Last edited:

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
I don't want to think anyone has a ceiling...

In my la la land of lollipops and candy bars all our prospects are going to be top like caliber stars.... so when we play them on the 4th line and they still score 30 goals and score at will then our team is unstoppable and we average 10 goals a game and are a nightmare for teams to match up against us and even when the top line guys have a slump then we still get a few goals every game from the 3rd and 4th lines

:)

If he keeps up his play, he is making a case they can't keep him down in the A either come playoff time this year but certainly to start next year...

Lorentz better pick it up as there may not be a slot for him depending on what we do with our free agents in the offseason and whom pushes to stay up with the club next year... its really going to hurt if we have to use him on the Staal fast Nino line if we lose Nino in the off season as there is a big disparity in production there between Lorentz and nino....

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Let's just pump the brakes a bit here. Just because he was said to be an RBA guy doesn't mean he has anywhere near the ceiling that RBA had. Rod spent one season in the NCAA and then was an NHL regular and never looked back. Drury spent two years in the NCAA, then one in the SHL, and now one in the AHL. He's got a ways to go before we should expect anything other than bottom six player or 100 NHL games played.
I'm not saying that's what Warsofsky believes. I'm saying that's what I believe.

We always knew that Drury could be a highly capable defensive guy. If he adds a real goal scoring touch to make him a tough two way guy who can score big goals, that's a Brindy type player. He's scoring in the AHL. He scored in the NHL. He can already play NHL quality defense. If he keeps that scoring touch that's been a surprise to at least me, and I suspect most of us, there's an obvious comparison there.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm not saying that's what Warsofsky believes. I'm saying that's what I believe.

We always knew that Drury could be a highly capable defensive guy. If he adds a real goal scoring touch to make him a tough two way guy who can score big goals, that's a Brindy type player. He's scoring in the AHL. He scored in the NHL. He can already play NHL quality defense. If he keeps that scoring touch that's been a surprise to at least me, and I suspect most of us, there's an obvious comparison there.
I’m not rooting against him succeeding, but haven’t we seen this before? Wasn’t it just last year we had Geekie getting all sorts of love with his debut, then having his offense tailing off in the NHL and then lighting up again in the AHL? Maybe he’ll be different, but I’m not holding my breath.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Didn't someone that knew the Drury family from CT insinuate one time on this board that they (or at least Chris) was kind of a prick?

Everything I read about Jack says exactly the opposite though.

I knew the Drury family in high school. From back then, I can tell you that they are some of the nicest most down to earth people. When Jack's dad Ted made it to the NHL, he asked his parents what they wanted. They said they wanted a Saturn car. He bought them a new Saturn. When his dad (Ted) was a superstar in college, he never boasted about himself when I would see him. He would actually ask how I was doing and give me training tips. I was surprised that he actually really cared how I was doing. Ted also had an amazing work ethic, discipline, and drive.

I have not seen Chris in years, but he was not the type of person who wanted tons of attention. So maybe when people say he is a prick, it is more that he is shy and has always had people since he was 12 wanting to be friends with him because he was a star and not for who he really was. So may be he is guarding himself a bit. I have never heard any NHL people say a bad word about him. He actually loves baseball but will be the first to admit he was not good enough to go big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad