Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I’d love Lucic back but retained.
Hard to believe he once scored 30 goals. Those days are over, but can't see a deal that Calgary retains enough to make that worth it. (Anything except 40-50% retained, I wouldn't even consider, and I don't think Calgary would consider that unless the payment is worth it).

That said, outside of nostalgia, I don't think Lucic has a place here anymore.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hard to believe he once scored 30 goals. Those days are over, but can't see a deal that Calgary retains enough to make that worth it. (Anything except 40-50% retained, I wouldn't even consider, and I don't think Calgary would consider that unless the payment is worth it).

I would be shocked if he ever agreed to come East or out of Canada for that matter.
Because of family and now still Covid travel restrictions.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Nurse is a number two with physicality and Carlo is a 3rd with zero physicality. Debrusk is a way to try and sell the deal to get Nurse. Nurse McAvoy would be unreal... To me at least
Carlo may be a 4...not a three. .........They are not trading Nurse...not a chance.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Olesiak would be a good under the radar addition, buy guy that could add some size and would not cost anywhere near what Ekholm would.

Ekholm would be my first choice but he’d be expensive to acquire and then you have the expansion draft to consider.

Oleksiak is a UFA which makes things a bit less complicated. Hell, depending on what happens with the draft I’d look to sign him this summer. Dallas is far behind in games played but they really aren’t playing well. He’s an interesting name to keep an eye on.

BBBruins

Apr 24, 2017

It’s fun to read these but I don’t know if we have the assets for such a trade. Of course we have Pastrnak and McAvoy but do we want to trade them? Difficult question. I wouldn’t want to give up either even we got a young top 1 C.
Pasta and Charlie are our boys..

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Ekholm would be my first choice but he’d be expensive to acquire and then you have the expansion draft to consider.

Oleksiak is a UFA which makes things a bit less complicated. Hell, depending on what happens with the draft I’d look to sign him this summer. Dallas is far behind in games played but they really aren’t playing well. He’s an interesting name to keep an eye on.
I agree completely, if the price to get Ekholm is too much, then a guy like Olesiak could be a good option B.

Reactions: Gordoff

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

It’s fun to read these but I don’t know if we have the assets for such a trade. Of course we have Pastrnak and McAvoy but do we want to trade them? Difficult question. I wouldn’t want to give up either even we got a young top 1 C.

We could agree to take Skinner at 50% retained and then the cost to get Eichel is lower.

Reactions: Estlin

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

It depends what Buffalo would be looking for and what teams would be willing to offer. Would other teams that can fit Eichel's cap hit be willing to trade their Pastrnak or McAvoy? If so I don't think the Bruins have a chance. I do however think the Bruins could make a competitive offer. Another question is, do the Bruins need to go after Eichel and would they be willing to spend what it would take to get him? I do think the Bruins need to get their next #1C, but with Studnicka showing some promise the last few games and Krejci still on the team, I'm not so sure the Bruins would agree.

Last edited:

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

Weren't 5 or 6 of those goals empty net goals? :laugh:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
DeBrusk for Zibanijad (however you spell it)

Even throw in Moore to even out salaries closer.....
I really like Zibanejad. Thing is, he will turn 28 in a few months and is a UFA after this season. If he's looking for a long-term deal, is he looking to be paid as a 70pt center? That's going to be a tough contract to gauge.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad