Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I am getting whiffs of Ryan Spooner from JDB at this point. Let's package him plus a draft pick and get someone that at least comes to play every shift.
But if that's your selling point... the pick is the selling point, and Debrusk is the throw-in.

What's the best player we're aiming for with the 1st as the centerpiece?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
But if that's your selling point... the pick is the selling point, and Debrusk is the throw-in.

What's the best player we're aiming for with the 1st as the centerpiece?

I do think JDB has some value. I don't know who the target ought to be for that kind of package, though. It should net a decent player in return. I know Jake popped 27 goals two seasons ago, but if a 20 goal guy that plays with energy like Craig Smith is the type, that would be preferable.

Shit, maybe we could Hintz out of Dallas for that :D

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's beyond me how any guy who has played with the likes of Chara, Bergeron, Marchand etc. the last few years and sees the consistency level that is needed can just go out there and float on shifts. Do they talk to him about it? Do they see more effort than we see?

'Tis a mystery.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's beyond me how any guy who has played with the likes of Chara, Bergeron, Marchand etc. the last few years and sees the consistency level that is needed can just go out there and float on shifts. Do they talk to him about it? Do they see more effort than we see?

'Tis a mystery.

You could have said the same thing about Spooner.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
That is what I meant about a Ryan Spooner kind of vibe- the skills are there, and sometimes he'll have a shift (or much more rarely) a game where you can see how good he could be. But then he floats, looks disinterested, gives up on plays, doesn't backcheck with gusto etc. But yes, he has some value so I don't suggest want to see him given away for nothing (unless it's to Seattle :laugh:)

I honestly right now would trade him straight up for an Ekholm, don't know what Nashville would think about it. Someone earlier mention sending him To Edmonton for Klefbom, id do that as well not so sure Edmonton would though but I get your point and it isn't like the Bruins haven't given him the opportunity to succeed.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Gordoff

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
jack eichel isnt worth his cap number? Jack eichel is definitely worth his cap number, and would be an incredible krejci replacement for the years to come. He is a superstar in a shit sandwich situation.
Jack Eichel is a very good player. I hesitate to crown him a superstar. At 10 million a year he needs to be a guy that can elevate a franchise and be part of the solution.

I have never seen that from him. They would be worse without him for sure, but if I’m paying one player close to 12% of the salary cap he needs to be a franchise altering talent. He’s very good, but he isn’t there yet in my opinion. Could he be? Maybe.

When factoring in an acquisition you have to account for the contract too, I personally think he is overpaid. It would be a tremendous risk to acquire him financially.

not only does he eat a massive chunk of your cap for the duration of his deal, but you also have to pay the premium to acquire him on top of that. Is it fun to talk about? Yeah. Is it the right move for the organization? I don’t believe it is.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
The Eichel talk is meaningless unless he comes out and says the only team he wants to go to is Boston. We have a mediocre prospect pool in terms of guys who are projected to be top 6 forwards and we're not constantly in the lottery, so we can't give them valuable 1st rounders. What's more realistic is that we sign Barkov next summer. Hopefully Sweeney doesn't screw it up and give Krejci a multi-year extension.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
7 goals in his last 42 games

In 18/19 (27 goal season) DeBrusk started off with 3 goals and 1 assist in his first 14 games. 30 Shots on goal.

He finished that season with 24 goals and 15 assists over his final 55 games. 127 Shots on goal. 0.44 goals/G

Last year he started off with 1 goal and 3 assists in his first 12 games. 28 Shots on goal.

Next 40 games he goes on a tear scoring 17 goals and 13 assists. 102 Shots on goal. 0.43 goals/G

Finished rough with just one goal in his final 14 games.

This year DeBrusk has started off with 1 goal and 3 assists in his first 14 games. 30 shots on goal. 3.3 SH%.

I can't help but feel like that streak is coming sooner or later where he scores nearly a goal every other game for a month or so. I say that fully understanding his off and on play. Honestly, I think we get the same thing from guys like Krejci, Coyle, Ritchie etc. It's a season of peaks and valleys offensively for most secondary players. That's why they're secondary players.

I think it would be a huge mistake to conclude this is what he is, especially when we have about 250+ NHL games to draw from. All at a young age.

Unless you're getting a legit return that values him as a young 25 goals scorer, the best course of action is to sit and wait IMO.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
In 18/19 (27 goal season) DeBrusk started off with 3 goals and 1 assist in his first 14 games. 30 Shots on goal.

He finished that season with 24 goals and 15 assists over his final 55 games. 127 Shots on goal. 0.44 goals/G

Last year he started off with 1 goal and 3 assists in his first 12 games. 28 Shots on goal.

Next 40 games he goes on a tear scoring 17 goals and 13 assists. 102 Shots on goal. 0.43 goals/G

This year DeBrusk has started off with 1 goal and 3 assists in his first 14 games. 30 shots on goal. 3.3 SH%.

I can't help but feel like that streak is coming sooner or later where he scores nearly a goal every other game for a month or so. I say that fully understanding his off and on play. Honestly, I think we get the same thing from guys like Krejci, Coyle, Ritchie etc. It's a season of peaks and valleys offensively for most secondary players. That's why they're secondary players.

I think it would be a huge mistake to conclude this is what he is, especially when we have about 250+ NHL games to draw from. All at a young age.

Unless you're getting a legit return that values him as a young 25 goals scorer, the best course of action is to sit and wait IMO.

Fair points.

For me, I’m entirely committed to seeing them go all in this year and next....the “Rask window”, so to speak.

If packaging anyone outside of their top 7 forwards (of which I don’t consider JDB) or McAvoy, Carlo or Lauzon gets them a consistent 30 goal guy, I say go for it.

I don’t see JDB alone bringing back that guy, but I wouldn’t be upset if he’s moved with a pick or prospect to do it.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

I've brought that up about Krejci before. He is the highest paid player, let alone forward on the team and has ZERO goals. That is inexcusable. He gets a pass from some people, though. No clue why. They'll bring up his assists, but to that I'd say congrats. Anyone can pass the puck to Nick Ritchie in front of the net on a power play. It'd be like patting Bjork or DeBrusk on the back for passing the puck to a member of our 1st line.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The "compete" is my concern with him. He eases up on loose pucks, doesn't really fight through checks and floats. Idk what's going on with him. He's a much better player than we're seeing this year and that's the frustrating thing for me. On a line with a pair of rookie and he was the least noticeable of the 3.
Just wondering, we've heard that he wanted more money than he got in this contract. Could it be that he's pouting?

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Fair points.

For me, I’m entirely committed to seeing them go all in this year and next....the “Rask window”, so to speak.

If packaging anyone outside of their top 7 forwards (of which I don’t consider JDB) or McAvoy, Carlo or Lauzon gets them a consistent 30 goal guy, I say go for it.

I don’t see JDB alone bringing back that guy, but I wouldn’t be upset if he’s moved with a pick or prospect to do it.

I with you on that. That said, Debrusk is the closest thing they've had to a 30 goal guy since he entered the league.

G/60 since 2017/2018 (min 82 GP)

1. Pastrnak - 1.28
2. Marchand - 1.16
3. Bergeron - 1.04
4. DeBrusk - 0.97
5. Coyle - 0.63
8. Bjork - 0.52
9. Krejci - 0.50

I also think the majority of people completely ignore the fact that a 30 goal scorer on another team (especially the bad ones), likely isn't going to be a 30 goal scorer here. Focus should be on 5 vs 5 scorer.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I've brought that up about Krejci before. He is the highest paid player, let alone forward on the team and has ZERO goals. That is inexcusable. He gets a pass from some people, though. No clue why. They'll bring up his assists, but to that I'd say congrats. Anyone can pass the puck to Nick Ritchie in front of the net on a power play. It'd be like patting Bjork or DeBrusk on the back for passing the puck to a member of our 1st line.

Since the beginning of last year (5v5):

David Krejci

76 GP - 4 Goals, 17 Assists, 21 Points.

Anders Bjork

76 GP - 9 Goals, 11 Assist 20 Points.

Let that sink in..... Also consider the fact that Krejci had nearly 200 more minutes played 5v5 (with better players).

Again, 5v5 scoring should be the concern. I'd almost go as far as to eliminate PP scoring when evaluating potential targets upfront.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I’m all for accountability, but passing to Nick Ritchie is the same as passing to Brad Marchand or Pastrnak?? :huh:

Also... care to guess how many powerplay goals from Nick Ritchie that Krejci has an assist? Hint: fewer than 3.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Jack Eichel is a very good player. I hesitate to crown him a superstar. At 10 million a year he needs to be a guy that can elevate a franchise and be part of the solution.

I have never seen that from him. They would be worse without him for sure, but if I’m paying one player close to 12% of the salary cap he needs to be a franchise altering talent. He’s very good, but he isn’t there yet in my opinion. Could he be? Maybe.

When factoring in an acquisition you have to account for the contract too, I personally think he is overpaid. It would be a tremendous risk to acquire him financially.

not only does he eat a massive chunk of your cap for the duration of his deal, but you also have to pay the premium to acquire him on top of that. Is it fun to talk about? Yeah. Is it the right move for the organization? I don’t believe it is.
Unless we can get him for a Seguin/ Thornton type deal. The cap is a bit uncertain, but with Bergero/Krejci's age, Krejci's lack of contract, we are going to start planning the future. Not sure Eichel is the guy, but it's going to be hard to get someone at that level unless we draft them.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I'd love Eichel here but it is close to impossible to get him here. We simply have nothing to offer. One thing I would love is Sweeney pursuing Barkov really hard if he hits free agency. That's the optimal young Bergeron this team desperately needs in a few seasons.

If Sweeney somehow manages to get Eichel and keep Mac, Bergie, Pasta and March he is a genius.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'd love Eichel here but it is close to impossible to get him here. We simply have nothing to offer. One thing I would love is Sweeney pursuing Barkov really hard if he hits free agency. That's the optimal young Bergeron this team desperately needs in a few seasons.

If Sweeney somehow manages to get Eichel and keep Mac, Bergie, Pasta and March he is a genius.
Agree , if I had to choose one or the other I take Barkov over Eichel every time, he is a more complete player.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

I agree, Eichel has some great skills, but he seems to float at times and his D play can be horrendous at times. Think I just wait to see if we can sign Barkov and not give up any assets, unless somehow the price for Eichel is something that becomes a deal to good to pass on.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

BBBruins

Apr 24, 2017
I would see that Barkov would be a much better option as a center than Eichel. But it is quite unlikely that Barkov would become UFA. Probably Florida will try to make the trade unless a new deal is reached with Barkov :(

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would see that Barkov would be a much better option as a center than Eichel. But it is quite unlikely that Barkov would become UFA. Probably Florida will try to make the trade unless a new deal is reached with Barkov :(
You could be right , but you never know he may want to test FA and choose his destination. I think that same year Nathan MacKinnon is due to be UFA as well, I doubt the Avs let him get there, but if he did somehow, the bidding war would be insane.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Jack Eichel has two goals and makes 10M. guess you wouldn't want him on the B's making that kind of money and not scoring goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->