Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How many then? The rest of the season?

I'm asking because I truly don't know anymore.

I don’t know either. Not my call. But selling off on the kid now would be typical of the Bruins. Develop a player, have him go through his rough patch here, trade him and watch him flourish somewhere else.

I’ve said before. I hope management has learned from their mistakes. It’s a shame the fan base doesn’t.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I am getting whiffs of Ryan Spooner from JDB at this point. Let's package him plus a draft pick and get someone that at least comes to play every shift.

I'm getting whiffs of Heinen. Started off well early on and then his game regressed to what it is. Maybe JDB will recover and eventually become a consistent top 6 guy but we're in win-now mode for the next 2 or so years. Jake isn't contributing. He needs to go if we want to win a Cup.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I don’t know either. Not my call. But selling off on the kid now would be typical of the Bruins. Develop a player, have him go through his rough patch here, trade him and watch him flourish somewhere else.

I’ve said before. I hope management has learned from their mistakes. It’s a shame the fan base doesn’t.
I don't disagree, but that hasn't stopped them before. Back in 2014 Neely told Felger and Mazz that he was basically sick of the team trading off their young talent around the league, but then less than a year later they dealt Hamilton for scraps and even turned down higher picks when they could've just dealt Eriksson to Vancouver for their 1st round pick for more cap space.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don't disagree, but that hasn't stopped them before. Back in 2014 Neely told Felger and Mazz that he was basically sick of the team trading off their young talent around the league, but then less than a year later they dealt Hamilton for scraps and even turned down higher picks when they could've just dealt Eriksson to Vancouver for their 1st round pick for more cap space.

That’s why I said “hope” haha. I’m not even against trading DeBrusk, per say. But it needs to be a deal that makes sense. A legit piece coming back. Not a Jimmy Hayes for example.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014

Spooner, Donato and Heinen are not exactly NHL household names. Two players I wish management whould of never traded are Seguin and Wheeler. Sure they won the cup with Peverly but Wheeler has been like a 70 point player for years.

I wish management would quit picking up these players who do not add greatly towards a cup winning team come trade deadline. Go for what you really need or forget it. Should you not be able to complete the right deals then back away.

Debrusk is what he is, a very streaky player who is non contributing for a way too much of the time. Now maybe if the Bruins had more offensive talent he would not have to be counted on as much and it may work better without the added pressure. Maybe he needs a change of scenery, could be just what the doctor ordered.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
That’s why I said “hope” haha. I’m not even against trading DeBrusk, per say. But it needs to be a deal that makes sense. A legit piece coming back. Not a Jimmy Hayes for example.

Smith is a better player than Debrusk so you would need to settle for less of a return :)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Smith is a better player than Debrusk so you would need to settle for less of a return :)

He is a better player now. That’s my point. When Boston traded him, he was pretty similar. When he wasn’t scoring, he was bringing nothing and his scoring was inconsistent as it gets his final year in Boston.

Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I read it this AM on a popular site.

if I could get Charlie to give up his Rangers dream and sign a lifetime deal here I would not make the deal

Eichel is a great talent but it seems like so far early in his career he has an on off switch that is in the off position way to often. McAvoy on the other hand has a boat load of talent and doesn't take a night off. Me personally I wouldn't do it straight up for McAvoy, let alone throw in TFred.

I honestly think McAvoy will be here for 10-15 years Bruins aren't letting him get away unless they get overwhelmed with a deal and have an heir apparent in place.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He is a better player now. That’s my point. When Boston traded him, he was pretty similar. When he wasn’t scoring, he was bringing nothing and his scoring was inconsistent as it gets his final year in Boston.

DeBrusk to me is done in Boston. Only reason he's still in the line up is value, Scratch him like he should be or trade him while he has some value.

Every game he plays that value is dropping like a lead balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad