Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Asinine? To want some toughness especially when your getting stomped on the ice and on the scoreboard? Is it bad to want the Big Bad Bruins back? Last time I was happy in that department was 2011 era which led to a cup. I know it's a different era but that team was team tough and would not of taken the last two games with there tail between there legs.
Maybe the new guy can provide something.

There's a difference between toughness and "grabbing any player and start pummeling them" which is what you wanted. That's the asinine part of your thought process. BTW in 2011 the Bruins lost 6-1 and then 4-2 to the Red Wings. There were exactly zero fights in those two games and one roughing penalty by Boston in each of those games. So please spare me the 2011 era shtick. You only said it because that's the year they won the cup, so you think it strengthen your point.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Senyshyn was very good again today should be the third line RW

the Flames have a Noah Hanifin thread and they discuss and endorse a Hanifin & Bennett deal for DeBrusk & Vaakanainen

I’m in
Once fans are allowed back (full capacity) I’m a 15 min drive to Providence I’m curious to watch in person to see if he’s developed any.

Admittedly I don’t watch much of Hanifin. I am concerned Carolina moved him & Calgary seemingly considering it. Is he any good?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Once fans are allowed back (full capacity) I’m a 15 min drive to Providence I’m curious to watch in person to see if he’s developed any.

Admittedly I don’t watch much of Hanifin. I am concerned Carolina moved him & Calgary seemingly considering it. Is he any good?
Hanifin hasn’t been very good defensively over his career. Offensive dmen that aren’t great in their own end are a dime a dozen IMO.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Well the Nucks are cash straped so they may prefer sending some salary out rather than taking a guy of the waiver wire. You may need a small add but if the Nucks thing that are getting a big return for Virtanen, they are nuts.
Brandon Sutter expires this summer. Eriksson after next season.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
There's a difference between toughness and "grabbing any player and start pummeling them" which is what you wanted. That's the asinine part of your thought process. BTW in 2011 the Bruins lost 6-1 and then 4-2 to the Red Wings. There were exactly zero fights in those two games and one roughing penalty by Boston in each of those games. So please spare me the 2011 era shtick. You only said it because that's the year they won the cup, so you think it strengthen your point.
So you've never seen a Bruin grab a player and start punching them? Ever? After big hits on teammate's? Ever?
Without written consent... please.
My vision for this team is for teams to fear them. Nobody is scared of the Bruins and that's why I mentioned 2011 era. Teams knew when the Bruins were coming to town.
I have nothing against you or your opinion. We will agree to disagree.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
So you've never seen a Bruin grab a player and start punching them? Ever? After big hits on teammate's? Ever?
My vision for this team is for teams to fear them. Nobody is scared of the Bruins and that's why I mentioned 2011 era. Teams knew when the Bruins were coming to town.
You know I really do think this is one of the tougher teams in the league contrary to your opinion.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
You know I really do think this is one of the tougher teams in the league contrary to your opinion.
For sure they are a tougher team in a softer era. But not tough enough. Maybe Tinordi will help. Just asking for Ritchie and Frederic to do more of it. Especially in games like the past two. They are in the top 10 of tough teams

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Again that was me and I don't consider him a "shooter" but a instead a playmaker. In this discussion we were talking about needing goal scoring, but more specifically 5v5 goal scoring. JG isn't bumping anyone of PP1, so I don't care what his goal production is on the PP, I care about 5v5 goal scoring. Now can you make an argument that assist = goals? sure, but whose he passing to that's going to score? He'll be paired with Krejci (also not a shooter) and ??? Smith? Studnicka? Wagner? Bjork?

Don't get me wrong, guys a hell of a player...but we need guys who can score goals at 5v5.
Any guess as to where Gaudreau sits in 5-on-5 goal leaders over the last five years? The answer may surprise you. ;)

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Superstar Heinen on his way off another team for a more physical player. Tough to believe Mr. Excitement might be getting moved already, wonder how many more team he plays for before the Hannover Scorpions?

Maybe the bruins should bring him in. On a team looking for scoring outside of the top line and power play, he would rank 5th in the bruins in even strength points.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

Unfortunately they are playing in Marlborough this year.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

The last Bruin i can remember grabbing someone and punching them without a proper square off or an attempt at one got suspended 15 games and immediately regretted his decision with tears in his eyes. That stuff doesn't happen anymore in this league.

Question: if the Bruins sucked and didn't make the playoffs in 2011 but teams still feared them, would that still be your vision for this team?

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Any guess as to where Gaudreau sits in 5-on-5 goal leaders over the last five years? The answer may surprise you. ;)

5yrs? No I couldn't (would love to know where I can get 5yrs though without having to pay for it). I can tell you over the last 3yrs he ranks 63rd in G/60.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Tell me the last time a Bruin player did what your saying. BTW I hate to tell you, but no team in the NHL "scares" another team. I also don't buy the "teams knew when Boston was coming to town" bit either. You have any quotes from guys that they feared Boston and knew they were coming to town?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would think the bruins can do better than this deal. But I rather still like to see Zach get a call up. Still think DS is going to pull something off
What these last 2 games has probably made long term decisions easier for the D

it shows the values of both Lauzon & Grzelcyk at least to me

it gives a perfect hands on approach to McAvoy about pinching and the RW on his side needs to be more aware when the situation more likely to happen (ie trailing)

perfect hands on lesson for Carlo to be harder on his stick and in the imaginary square infront of net - harder harder harder needs to be pounded home

it’s like they let him wear the A in Tahoe and he’s walking/skating around like a 15 year old schoolboy who the hottest girl in his class said hello with a smile in the hall way

Carlo & DeBrusk are to freaking nice on the ice - they bring their pleasant demeanors off ice into games

you know who didn’t ? Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, and Ference - all D.

one of reasons I want to pair Lauzon with Carlo. Lauzon is not as good as Carlo defensively but he plays hard and I believe he would rub off on Carlo and the two should be able to shutdown almost any kind of line and should not be taking reckless chances that lead to odd man opposing chances

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The guy we need from the Flames is Mangy.
He works like a dog every shift, never takes a night off and can put the puck in the net.
He is on pace to get 30 goals per 82 game season now.....I predicted he would get 25 at the beginning of the year.
Not bad for a 2.425M AAV.
Make the call DS.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Tell me the last time a Bruin player did what your saying. BTW I hate to tell you, but no team in the NHL "scares" another team. I also don't buy the "teams knew when Boston was coming to town" bit either. You have any quotes from guys that they feared Boston and knew they were coming to town?
Sorry I've triggered you and Bruinsfan so much with what I'm saying. You two have each other's backs on this and were completely happy with the lack of balls the last two games and that's cool. I disagree and would like to see a tougher team and some attitude and passion out of the team especially there tough guys. Especially when there getting worked on the ice and the best players are getting run. Done discussing this. Agree to disagree.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
The last Bruin i can remember grabbing someone and punching them without a proper square off or an attempt at one got suspended 15 games and immediately regretted his decision with tears in his eyes. That stuff doesn't happen anymore in this league.

Question: if the Bruins sucked and didn't make the playoffs in 2011 but teams still feared them, would that still be your vision for this team?
Lemieux did just that to Frederic, without a proper square off and no attempt at one and then feeding Freddy his fists last fight. Frederic came back and hit him a few times and then lost it in the penalty box and ran his mouth. Now if Frederic turtled in that situation and Lemieux kept punching and the refs jumped in, you honestly believe he'd be suspended for multiple games? Tough guy on tough guy? I don't. That's what I wanted Freddy to do to him that's all. Create a spark.
As far as your question talk about a hypothetical and the 2011 team did win the cup because they were skilled, extremely tough, and yes feared. I don't need quotes to know that. Look at that team even just on D, McQuaid, Boychuk, Chara, Seids, hnidy, Ference. Right now they have Miller who's probably done for and Lauzon who just broke his hand and won't be scrapping much more.
So, my vision for this team is the same as above, skilled, extremely tough, and other teams fear what they don't the ice as multiple players will make you pay.
How am I the bad guy for wanting this. It's all good as we are all Bruins fans at that's what matters. some people have easily accepted the new era of hockey and some have a harder time. Again I'm done disussing this and I appreciate the discussion. Agree to disagree.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
What these last 2 games has probably made long term decisions easier for the D

it shows the values of both Lauzon & Grzelcyk at least to me

it gives a perfect hands on approach to McAvoy about pinching and the RW on his side needs to be more aware when the situation more likely to happen (ie trailing)

perfect hands on lesson for Carlo to be harder on his stick and in the imaginary square infront of net - harder harder harder needs to be pounded home

it’s like they let him wear the A in Tahoe and he’s walking/skating around like a 15 year old schoolboy who the hottest girl in his class said hello with a smile in the hall way

Carlo & DeBrusk are to freaking nice on the ice - they bring their pleasant demeanors off ice into games

one of reasons I want to pair Lauzon with Carlo. Lauzon is not as good as Carlo defensively but he plays hard and I believe he would rub off on Carlo and the two should be able to shutdown almost any kind of line and should not be taking reckless chances that lead to odd man opposing chances
Bang on

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

And McQuaid. Can we transplant into Carlo whatever switch he used to go from super nice guy to wild maniac? :laugh:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Sorry I've triggered you and Bruinsfan so much with what I'm saying. You two have each other's backs on this and were completely happy with the lack of balls the last two games and that's cool. I disagree and would like to see a tougher team and some attitude and passion out of the team especially there tough guys. Especially when there getting worked on the ice and the best players are getting run. Done discussing this. Agree to disagree.

Oh you haven't triggered me lol, not even close. It's interesting though that I asked for examples and you've got squat to show to support your claim. Now, who said I was happy about the effort the last two games? Nvm once again your just throwing out baseless claims with no supporting evidence.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad