Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I just want to mention

Reilly Smith

a players name

Reilly Smith

that played awful for a season, had good previous years, was young,

Reilly Smith

and was moved way too early for a scrub. He has turned into a legit winger now.

Reilly Smith

His name is Reilly Smith.

Whatever you do Sweeney. Do not make the same mistake with DeBrusk as you did with

Reilly Smith

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
For Eichel I would take Skinner also if that would soften the return. Think about Jeff Skinner. He scored 40 playing on a line with Eichel. Freddy Kreuger comes along and for whatever reason takes the 40 goal scorer off of Eichel’s line. Seems strange to me.
That being said I take Skinner at 6.5 million per so Buffalo would have to retain. You get both and basically have a new 2nd line.

Krejci (for salary purposes)
Debrusk
Studnicka
Vaakanainen
Senyshyn
2021 1st

Not sure what it would take and I might be way off but the above mentioned must be a decent package.

Reactions: bbfan419

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
For Eichel I would take Skinner also if that would soften the return. Think about Jeff Skinner. He scored 40 playing on a line with Eichel. Freddy Kreuger comes along and for whatever reason takes the 40 goal scorer off of Eichel’s line. Seems strange to me.
That being said I take Skinner at 6.5 million per so Buffalo would have to retain. You get both and basically have a new 2nd line.

Debrusk
Studnicka
Vaakanainen
Senyshyn
2021 1st

Not sure what it would take and I might be way off but the above mentioned must be a decent package.

Do you work for Buffalo?

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Debrusk
Studnicka
Vaakanainen
Senyshyn
2021 1st

I will trade them a 4th round pick for Eichel and Skinner And even then I wouldn’t

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019

Debrusk
Studnicka
Vaakanainen
Senyshyn
2021 1st

Yikes. Is the where we are now? Are we so desperate that we need to acquire arguably the worst contract in the NHL?

I like Eichel, he’s a hell of a player, but he isn’t worth his cap number yet let alone having to acquire the former figure skater with a concussion history.

But hey don’t let me stop you, I’m sure that trade gets process real swell in Be a GM

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'd do debrusk + vaak for Ekholm

I feel that’s just way too much for Ekholm. I guess if it happened, I’m making a secondary deal for Bennett with Bjork involved (if they would do that).

But I just prefer DeBrusk here, getting through this or traded in a legit deal that makes sense.

Reactions: bbfan419

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I just want to mention

Reilly Smith

a players name

Reilly Smith

Reilly Smith

Reilly Smith

Whatever you do Sweeney. Do not make the same mistake with DeBrusk as you did with

Reilly Smith
Yea, definitely don't trade him for Jimmy Hayes

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I added a bit to my post. I get he’s not playing well but unless he’s damaged goods from the Kadri incident, I fail to see him not to returning to form and growing a bit more consistent. Becoming a legit top 6 LWer.
So how much time do you give him to turn things around then? Legit question.

I get the whole Reilly Smith concern, but again, how much time do you give DeBrusk before you're ready to move on?

Reactions: sarge88

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I added a bit to my post. I get he’s not playing well but unless he’s damaged goods from the Kadri incident, I fail to see him not to returning to form and growing a bit more consistent. Becoming a legit top 6 LWer.

The "compete" is my concern with him. He eases up on loose pucks, doesn't really fight through checks and floats. Idk what's going on with him. He's a much better player than we're seeing this year and that's the frustrating thing for me. On a line with a pair of rookie and he was the least noticeable of the 3.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Could Edler be had on the cheap? -5 on a horrendous team. Not too bad. Would be a decent addition. Still skates well and adds stability.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I just want to mention

Reilly Smith

a players name

Reilly Smith

Reilly Smith

Reilly Smith

Reilly Smith
IMO Smith was a different situation than JDB. He was always more engaged but Clode never seemed to appreciate him. I don't remember too much other then that but at the time it was apparent that Julien didn't trust him.
Edit: Added to the above, IIRC Marchand and a couple others gave him a hard time and it seemed to affect him (again IIRC).

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I really like Zibanejad. Thing is, he will turn 28 in a few months and is a UFA after this season. If he's looking for a long-term deal, is he looking to be paid as a 70pt center? That's going to be a tough contract to gauge.

I think he’s got another year left...UFA summer 2022.

Which means he’ll cost quite a bit.

That being said....he’d make the second line dangerous.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I am getting whiffs of Ryan Spooner from JDB at this point. Let's package him plus a draft pick and get someone that at least comes to play every shift.

The thing lately with Debrusk seems to be his give a $hit factor just doesn't seem to be there, because when he skates and moves his feet with effort and hustle he can be productive even if he's not on the score sheet, but lately it hasn't been there. Im sure its a lack of confidence because he has the ability. So if Sweeney were to deal him at this point it better be for more than a bag of pucks or a Jimmy Hayes.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The thing lately with Debrusk seems to be his give a $hit factor just doesn't seem to be there, because when he skates and moves his feet with effort and hustle he can be productive even if he's not on the score sheet, but lately it hasn't been there. Im sure its a lack of confidence because he has the ability. So if Sweeney were to deal him at this point it better be for more than a bag of pucks or a Jimmy Hayes.

That is what I meant about a Ryan Spooner kind of vibe- the skills are there, and sometimes he'll have a shift (or much more rarely) a game where you can see how good he could be. But then he floats, looks disinterested, gives up on plays, doesn't backcheck with gusto etc. But yes, he has some value so I don't suggest/ want to see him given away for nothing (unless it's to Seattle :laugh:)

Last edited:

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Yikes. Is the where we are now? Are we so desperate that we need to acquire arguably the worst contract in the NHL?

I like Eichel, he’s a hell of a player, but he isn’t worth his cap number yet let alone having to acquire the former figure skater with a concussion history.

But hey don’t let me stop you, I’m sure that trade gets process real swell in Be a GM

jack eichel isnt worth his cap number? Jack eichel is definitely worth his cap number, and would be an incredible krejci replacement for the years to come. He is a superstar in a shit sandwich situation.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
jack eichel isnt worth his cap number? Jack eichel is definitely worth his cap number, and would be an incredible krejci replacement for the years to come. He is a superstar in a shit sandwich situation.
Anyone know if Eichel's closer to the Hayes / Vessey clan or the Boston locals that the Bruins?

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->