Post-Game Talk: It's Bennys Fault. We Lost. Jets 7 - Flyers 1

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seems like this one was pretty obvious... the same thing we keep seeing (other than the obvious coaching cancer).

Started off dominating, out shooting them and getting tons of chances, but we didn't score and they got some quick weak goals... and everything fell apart from there.

So what happened? Simple... it killed their confidence. When this team is confident you see how great they can be, when they lose their confidence things snowball and just keep getting worse.

They DESPERATELY need a new coach who will use the team right so they don't keep getting into these unnecessary holes.

Gee. that's funny, because I came to the conclusion that what they need are better goalies.
Neuvirth game up 3 weak goals, and the team deflated after that.
Amazing the night before when Stolarz was a brick wall (both goals allowed were unlikely saves) the team hung in there.

Playing a back to back after traveling a 1000 miles, if your goalie doesn't do the job, at some point your team runs out of gas.

This loss was totally on Neuvirth.

Goalies matter more than HCs.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Flyers were clearly the better team, as you can see by this chart:

upload_2018-12-9_16-48-20.png

Reactions: freakydallas13

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
My attention now, turns purely to Holmgren. In his last bit as GM he set the team back for years by refusing to rebuild and chasing the first round of the playoffs.

He has been club president for how long now and the team has gone which way exactly?

I don’t even care about Hak as much as I used to, my attention purely lies on the head of the snake, the man that is supposed to guide this organization.

If Holmgren was in Shanahan’s position, he would have been out on his ass already.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Coaching and what may be franchise worst NHL goalies need immediate attention

I’m just kind of in a position to ride it out. It will suck, but for the development of these kids you can’t just let them get thrashed and go with Hakstol for the rest of the year. That would be piss poor development.

I don’t advocate trading for another mediocre goalie or some vet help to try and earn a couple more wins, in that sense ride this shit to a solid draft pick. Just don’t let these kids burn with Dave behind the bench. Organizational incompetence.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Gee. that's funny, because I came to the conclusion that what they need are better goalies.
Neuvirth game up 3 weak goals, and the team deflated after that.
Amazing the night before when Stolarz was a brick wall (both goals allowed were unlikely saves) the team hung in there.

Playing a back to back after traveling a 1000 miles, if your goalie doesn't do the job, at some point your team runs out of gas.

This loss was totally on Neuvirth.

Goalies matter more than HCs.

Is there anything that a coach is responsible for? Anything?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00