Post-Game Talk: It's Bennys Fault. We Lost. Jets 7 - Flyers 1

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hopefully this organization is proud of the dumpster fire they’ve become over the years. Scott, Homer, Hextall, etc. Hope they’re all proud.

Just remember: they can still make it worse by doubling down and trying to douse this dumpster fire with bottled water.

The road to mediocrity is paved with hockey guy intentions.

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
I have been watching the flyers for about 20+ years. This team is the worst I've ever seen. Maybe not talent wise but definitely to watch. I really think they should clean house. Absolutely get rid of the coach first his system is awful. All outside shots point shots just low percentage, I feel like that's why we always outshoot teams. The defense is absolutely the worst I've ever seen hands down. I think Provorov really would benefit to sit a few out. We have very few players with any offesive creativity, I am not sure if that's the system but it's not fun to watch. Most imooimportly though the goalies suck. They are AHL caliber at best. It's an absolute abomination that they continue to keep these guys out there and refuse to get anyone....even if the season is lost, it's not right to do this to us. Hart, Sandstrom, they are likely 2 years away or more and no one is a guarantee. I would say aquire Quick if at all possible, however with our defense his groin would explode first game via awful 2 on 1 or 2 on 0. Idk team is a joke and unenjoyable to watch.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just remember: they can still make it worse by doubling down and trying to douse this dumpster fire with bottled water.

The road to mediocrity is paved with hockey guy intentions.

They’re horrendous. This team should not be this bad at this point. It’s been 7 years or whatever since this rebuild started & we’re not just losing right now but getting boatraced isn’t an unfamiliar territory either.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Hellebuyck was terrific, especially when we had some jump early.

What did Gudas do, exactly, on our first penalty? And why did the far ref feel the need to call it when the near ref was looking right at it and was letting it go?

Great board work by Patrick that led to our only goal.

Somebody get Nolan a tighter helmet. I hate watching him take a hand off his stick, while play is going on, to adjust it. It's become a bad habit.

Stolarz actually had some good saves in a rotten clean-up situation.

I really could have done without Hägg's hit from behind on Conner. Cheap and unnecessary.

I pulled a groin just watching Jori try to get back on a Jets' rush.

We could have had Josh Morrissey. :mad:

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Pmkv.gif

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I think today was a hard game to win. Back to back on the roads are brutal. Especially without coots. It would be easy to overreact to this game but i wouldn't put much stock inthis game.

While mosey-ing done one of the pathways of life, tonight's was the Flyer's fan pathway. But wouldn't you know it, it has a fork. I have to choose which way to go. One way is dark and creepy. The other is very dark and very creepy. Since I cannot run fast anymore, I better take my Colt Python with me. Either way I am still fked. I cannot shoot straight any longer [ pretty much like the Flyers] and what lurks behind the scary, fearsome trees is something too terrible to think about.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Does everyone named Travis suck at Twitter?

I get his stats aren't there right now overall, but I'm not feeling this game as worthy of any sort of evaluation given his health and back-to-back situation and the team just flopping in front of him with PKs galore when he subbed in, as the stats bear out. Goalies are hard to evaluate to begin with, especially on one of the worst defensive teams in the league at all strengths, and he's barely played the last year. Those who've watched every game know he's been a difference maker and bright spot the last 2 weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad