Post-Game Talk: It's Bennys Fault. We Lost. Jets 7 - Flyers 1

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
My attention now, turns purely to Holmgren. In his last bit as GM he set the team back for years by refusing to rebuild and chasing the first round of the playoffs.

He has been club president for how long now and the team has gone which way exactly?

I don’t even care about Hak as much as I used to, my attention purely lies on the head of the snake, the man that is supposed to guide this organization.

If Holmgren was in Shanahan’s position, he would have been out on his ass already.

I agree. I fear Holmgren. I am afraid he will force Fletcher to make stupid moves that will make the team a bit better in an attempt to make the playoffs.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Seems like this one was pretty obvious... the same thing we keep seeing (other than the obvious coaching cancer).

Started off dominating, out shooting them and getting tons of chances, but we didn't score and they got some quick weak goals... and everything fell apart from there.

So what happened? Simple... it killed their confidence. When this team is confident you see how great they can be, when they lose their confidence things snowball and just keep getting worse.

They DESPERATELY need a new coach who will use the team right so they don't keep getting into these unnecessary holes.

Pretty much what I have been saying for awhile. This teams confidence is fragile. When things go bad its like a truck going downhill without brakes

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Is there anything that a coach is responsible for? Anything?

You think any HC would make a difference with goalies like Neuvirth or Pickard?
Look at Sullivan struggling in Pittsburgh with better goalies than that!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Gee. that's funny, because I came to the conclusion that what they need are better goalies.
Neuvirth game up 3 weak goals, and the team deflated after that.
Amazing the night before when Stolarz was a brick wall (both goals allowed were unlikely saves) the team hung in there.

Playing a back to back after traveling a 1000 miles, if your goalie doesn't do the job, at some point your team runs out of gas.

This loss was totally on Neuvirth.

Goalies matter more than HCs.

Niemi and Leighton laugh.

Reactions: Here4ThaList

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Seems like this one was pretty obvious... the same thing we keep seeing (other than the obvious coaching cancer).

Started off dominating, out shooting them and getting tons of chances, but we didn't score and they got some quick weak goals... and everything fell apart from there.

So what happened? Simple... it killed their confidence. When this team is confident you see how great they can be, when they lose their confidence things snowball and just keep getting worse.

They DESPERATELY need a new coach who will use the team right so they don't keep getting into these unnecessary holes.
But middle of the road, HC has to fit the talent of the players or some other kind of happy horse shit

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad