Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Wotherspoon just following his career pattern of taking a year to figure out a higher level league, and then show massive improvement. Mobility and intelligence is a good combo.

Nobody should be surprised.

You’ve been quite high on P-Spoons for a while.

Reactions: dano16

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
You’ve been quite high on P-Spoons for a while.

He just looks like a fundamentally sound hockey player at worst who gets more creative as he gets more comfortable. And he looks like he's filling in his frame which was his biggest knock.

I don't know if his offense will translate, but IMO he's a surefire NHL player.

Reactions: seafoam

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He just looks like a fundamentally sound hockey player at worst who gets more creative as he gets more comfortable. And he looks like he's filling in his frame which was his biggest knock.

From the little I’ve seen I’m inclined to agree. His IQ in offensive situations specifically is what has impressed me and infers that there is upside there, potentially as a middle pairing guy.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the whole LD revamped over the next few years. I think all four of the LD prospects in Bridgeport have legit NHL upside and all four of them are already more mobile and skilled than Pelech and Hickey.

I think Trotz’ system of quality over quantity will only get better with more talented and mobile defensemen playing within it.

Reactions: dano16

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

Would you say he plays a similar game to de Haan?

I don't follow him on a consistent basis, but from what I've seen from him live, he reminds me of CDH.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Would you say he plays a similar game to de Haan?

I don't follow him on a consistent basis, but from what I've seen from him live, he reminds me of CDH.

Perhaps, but he's not as good with the puck in his own zone (not that he's not good, but de Haan was exceptional), and he's better in the offensive zone (not that he's great, de Haan was milquetoast offensively.) Defensively, without the puck, I agree with the de Haan comparison.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Although KHL salaries aren't disclosed, some leaks on that topic appear in medias from time to time. This time Golyshev's salary numbers appeared in medias and it is reportedly 302.5k USD + another 302.5k USD in bonuses (that's almost tax free: Russian 13% income tax should be applied, also there is no escrow in the KHL). Not the greatest salary to say the least which isn't making his chances to come over next year very high, as that likely means he made no big money reserve for crossing the pond. Also it is likely that Avtomobilist team's management will be throwing quite some good money at him soon and, since his second child is due to be born in the coming February, it will be difficult to deny this kind of offer. Btw, Golyshev was asked yesterday about chances of him playing for NYI next season and he said that he doesn't want to answer this question at this point of the season.

Btw, for comparison, there was some information earlier this year that Sorokin's salary is 2.6m USD, no info about the bonuses (13% income tax and no escrow applies here too).

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Although KHL salaries aren't disclosed, some leaks on that topic appear in medias from time to time. This time Golyshev's salary numbers appeared in medias and it is reportedly 302.5k USD + another 302.5k USD in bonuses (that's almost tax free: Russian 13% income tax should be applied, also there is no escrow in the KHL). Not the greatest salary to say the least which isn't making his chances to come over next year very high, as that likely means he made no big money reserve for crossing the pond. Also it is likely that Avtomobilist team's management will be throwing quite some good money at him soon and, since his second child is due to be born in the coming February, it will be difficult to deny this kind of offer. Btw, Golyshev was asked yesterday about chances of him playing for NYI next season and he said that he doesn't want to answer this question at this point of the season.

Btw, for comparison, there was some information earlier this year that Sorokin's salary is 2.6m USD, no info about the bonuses (13% income tax and no escrow applies here too).
And Sorokin's salary over there makes it an easy decision for him to stay. I know there's chatter about next year but I fully expect him to stay unless for some reason his team decides they don't want him.

Reactions: xECK29x

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
And Sorokin's salary over there makes it an easy decision for him to stay. I know there's chatter about next year but I fully expect him to stay unless for some reason his team decides they don't want him.
Isn't there another goalie he is competing with this year for starts? I remember hearing about another goalie having a strong start

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
Isn't there another goalie he is competing with this year for starts? I remember hearing about another goalie having a strong start

Their other goalie leads the league with a 970 save percentage. He’s been outstanding. Just about splits starts with Sorokin. Sorokin has been very average this year in his starts.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

He is similar to Pelech I think, better skater but I think he’s more of stay at home guy in NHL. Honestly all the D prospects in Bridgeport are good and all have shot of being NHLers.

holyprime

Oct 5, 2010
Out of curiosity: Rathgeb with only 4 out of 13 games, is he injured or what's the probem here?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
There’s a influx of defensemen on Bridgeport right now. You have the four prospects that were here last year (Aho, Toews/Vande Sompel/Wotherspoon) as well as veterans like Helgeson, Burroughs, and Casto.

If and when Toews is called up, I would think Rathgeb becomes more of an everyday defenseman.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Out of curiosity: Rathgeb with only 4 out of 13 games, is he injured or what's the probem here?
i believe that he is a victim of a logjam at Bridgeport. i think he will make it, but i haven't seen a lot of him, so i am certainly not an expert on him. but i like what i saw.

look for Toews to go up to the Isles soon, and open up a spot. uncle Lou has really improved Bridgeport this year (except maybe goaltending?), and i think they are bringing him along slowly.

Reactions: holyprime

scott99

May 13, 2005
Wahlstrom with a goal in the 1st. BC up 3-0 after 1

Hopefully that gives him more confidence to let him know he can score again.
One thing I think Wahlstrom will never lack, is confidence. His confidence borders on cocky, and I like it.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
He is pretty good just behind the other prospects we have, his opportunity to stand out is when Toews comes up and the fact that he is right handed shot also should give him more of a shot.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Bode Wide is back from an upper body injury. His 1st game back Spirit won 5-1 and Wilde continues his leadership on D and had an assist. Jenkins had a goal and an assist and seems to be turning a corner as he is close to a Pt/G.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
In Wilde’s first 2 games back from injury he had an assist on each game. Continuing right where he left off.

I can’t wait until Dobson is traded. The Titan are horrible this year. Should build a lot of character for the kid to go through this adversity after being used to so much success just a year prior.

Today they lost to Halifax 9-0. Ouch. By all accounts Dobson is playing really well though and making the most of a tough situation.

Reactions: dood

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
In Wilde’s first 2 games back from injury he had an assist on each game. Continuing right where he left off.

I can’t wait until Dobson is traded. The Titan are horrible this year. Should build a lot of character for the kid to go through this adversity after being used to so much success just a year prior.

Today they lost to Halifax 9-0. Ouch. By all accounts Dobson is playing really well though and making the most of a tough situation.

I just saw that Dobson is a -22. That's not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad