Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yes? That’s my whole point ?

It’s easy for Durandeau to score when he is surrounded by so much talent. He is this years anti-Dobson

Right, but you worded it weird by adding, "still promising." If the team is so talented that it's easier to score than why is he still promising? You seem to be suggesting the opposite...Along with his age.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Both Jenkins and Wilde continue to lead by example
Wilde GP-14 G-3 A-14 Pt-17
Jenkins GP-19 G-7 A-10 Pt-17
Both are developing due to an abundance of TOI. They are also big strong young men that want to make it to the next level.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Both Jenkins and Wilde continue to lead by example
Wilde GP-14 G-3 A-14 Pt-17
Jenkins GP-19 G-7 A-10 Pt-17
Both are developing due to an abundance of TOI. They are also big strong young men that want to make it to the next level.

So great to hear!! Love it!! Jenkins is getting a lot of praise for his play!

Reactions: Finster8

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Right, but you worded it weird by adding, "still promising." If the team is so talented that it's easier to score than why is he still promising? You seem to be suggesting the opposite...Along with his age.
Agreed poor wording. My bad. I just meant that his point totals are promising, but need a * because he is playing for a powerhouse team.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
100% but by all accounts he’s looked great defensively as well.

Sounds to me that BT and Lou want to give the veteran players a chance. I don't think 17 games is enough to make any real determinations. The posters have their minds made up already but I think Lou and BT want to give it more time.

Reactions: dood

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sounds to me that BT and Lou want to give the veteran players a chance. I don't think 17 games is enough to make any real determinations. The posters have their minds made up already but I think Lou and BT want to give it more time.

According to Ho-Sang, Lamoriello also has his mind made up already.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

He’s almost 25 and has played the last 3 seasons at a high level in the AHL. He was hurt a lot and missed time last year but he’s not a 21 year old who’s in the first year of pro hockey.

It’s not just 17 games.

I won’t pretend to know more than Lou but I certainly think it makes more sense to have Toews in the NHL playing over a journeyman like Sbisa

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
He’s almost 25 and has played the last 3 seasons at a high level in the AHL. He was hurt a lot and missed time last year but he’s not a 21 year old who’s in the first year of pro hockey.

It’s not just 17 games.

I won’t pretend to know more than Lou but I certainly think it makes more sense to have Toews in the NHL playing over a journeyman like Sbisa

Toews competition isn't Sbisa. Toews isn't coming up until he can get a regular shift. He isn't coming up to sit on the bench. One of Leddy, Hickey or Pelech needs to go first. Lou wants to see if Leddy can turn his game around under Trotz and if Pelech can develop under Trotz. They need more than 17 games to make those decisions. Toews will be up soon enough.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think Lou’s mind is made up. Made up in the sense that he won’t dip into the bridge until after like Christmas (like 40 games mark) unless injuries force his hand.

I think in Lou’s mind, proper development is calling up your rookies with less than half the season left so there’s less chance they burn out, but having them get enough experience so that they can build off their stint in the offseason and be ready to be full time NHLers starting the following season.

It takes a special kind of player (i.e. Barzal) to survive a full NHL season their first go-around, which is why he’s not willing to do it with Bellows/Dal Colle/Ho-Sang/Toews/etc.

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Agreed poor wording. My bad. I just meant that his point totals are promising, but need a * because he is playing for a powerhouse team.

...And now we're on the same page. I wasn't holding out hope anyway that he was going to be an NHLer anyway. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad