Post-Game Talk: Isles def. Canucks - 6-2 (Horvat x2)

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Way to whip up CONTROVERSY!! EP 40 as the kids say is untouchable. If Glen Sather calls up the Canucks GM and says I'll give you McDavid (McMohammed) for EP 40 and QH43, the Canucks GM must say no, they are untouchable, but you can have proven all star Demko (even tough he has yet to be one.)
Go away mcmuffin cant play d either this team needs d Hughes cant play d to save his own balls lol EP is worth keeping after that Bo kuz trade rest

• Haha
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Teams have a 'strategy' for playing the Canucks. Weather the storm early on, and then just wait for the d-men to self-destruct.

Tonight the implosion belonged to Myers. His contract is rapidly shaping up as being every bit as bad as Eriksson's before it mercifully came to a close. Myers can't skate; he cant turn; his positioning is poor because he's too slow; and the turnovers were always a bad part of his game. I can't believe a guy from Abbotsford would be any worse. At least a guy like Juulsen will hit somebody.

A tough night for Martin who just looked small in the net and kicked out far too many rebounds. They need Demko back and in his prime to have any chance.

Every team the Canucks play in January is above them in the standings. They could be firmly in the Bedard sweepstakes by the time they return. Might be for the best.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I don't know why people expect any different. This is more or less the way it's going to go for the rest of the season. I have Bedard in my sights way more than wins.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Teams have a 'strategy' for playing the Canucks. Weather the storm early on, and then just wait for the d-men to self-destruct.

Tonight the implosion belonged to Myers. His contract is rapidly shaping up as being every bit as bad as Eriksson's before it mercifully came to a close. Myers can't skate; he cant turn; his positioning is poor because he's too slow; and the turnovers were always a bad part of his game. I can't believe a guy from Abbotsford would be any worse. At least a guy like Juulsen will hit somebody.

A tough night for Martin who just looked small in the net and kicked out far too many rebounds. They need Demko back and in his prime to have any chance.

Every team the Canucks play in January is above them in the standings. They could be firmly in the Bedard sweepstakes by the time they return. Might be for the best.
Myers has been coming apart for 4 years now. He looked brutal in early 2020 before the COVID break. Now, his skating is shot and he is just no longer a viable NHL player. It's like watching a tall Danny Dekeyser play D.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Ah, I was looking at 5v5 and 5v5 score adjusted.

That’s a fair comment on xGA/60, but I think it is more important to use score adjusted stats. Maybe on a team with more skewed usage you would need to better account for zone starts, but the difference between Myers and the most sheltered player Hughes is basically swapping 1-2 o-zone face offs for d-zone faceoffs per game. Don’t think that would change much on its own.
Oh yeah, I suppose "even strength" would include 4v4 and 3v3 too, which throws variability into the numbers a bit. Even with score adjusted 5 on 5 Myers comes out 3rd behind Hunt and OEL on xGF%.

Overall the point I'm making is that I thought he had turned a new leaf last year with more structure, and now it's just back to the same old. Have to wonder if Brad Shaw's departure has anything to do with Myers and OEL just cratering.

Reactions: B-rock and me2

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Should we add one more Bear/Studnicka/Pederson/Stillman?
It doesnt matter when your core in order of pay is Miller Hughes Pettersson OEL Boeser Myers Horvat Demko Garland Michayev Pearson

Miller is mercurial player. Solid top6 though. has been a issue this season
Hughes sucks at defense and shoots like Cassie Campbell
Pettersson is fantastic was quiet tonight though. PP goals is weird though
OEL is a #4 making #1 money
Boeser is drunk or something....cant skate cant check just a complete passenger who cashed in and doesnt give 2 Fs
Myers is a bad 3rd pair guy right now
Horvat is very good #2C you should be able to win with
Demko AWOL
Garland lots of effort but just gets rubbed out of the play and doesnt shoot well enough to be a top6 sniper
Michayev solid but is overpaid. Ideally helps drive a 3rd line. Paid like a top6
Pearson AWOL

These are the guys getting paid to carry the load.......they are what the results have shown

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
IMO ... my Yuge opinion, I think they should ride these ponies hard. Really looking like a team heading for the bottom, so why try and change that? Horvat doesn't seem to have the room and lets get him to Carolina to win a cup. Don't care what happens after that. I doubt these folks have what it takes to trade Miller or Boeser or Schenn or Garland, so stasis to the bottom it is. Maybe the sun shines on the lottery for the Canucks this time? A bottom five seeding you're getting a solid player.

What else is there to do?

Reactions: Indiana

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Not sure how any reasonable hockey fan can watch this this team and think they're only a year or two away from being good. Like how does ownership/management just refuse to see what's in front of them and keep putting off a rebuild?

Literally the definition of insanity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad