Post-Game Talk: Isles def. Canucks - 6-2 (Horvat x2)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Canucks have only had like 15 shots since the 5 or 6 minute mark of the first. Come into the third trailing by 1 and once again muster an absurdly low number of shots in the third.

Yeah I am sick and tired of this 'leadership' on this team.
Horvat can go, guy wants to get paid? Go somewhere else.

Give the keys to Pettersson for this franchise.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Don’t get me wrong, I would have kept Martin, probably as third string or hybrid backup. Going in with this little margin for error (and that doesn’t just apply in net) and paper thin depth is the issue.
There is no such thing as a hybrid backup. You are either a backup or an AHL starter. You don’t sign a backup and stash him in the A. You are just complying we don’t have a 1B playing as a backup which would cost us easy 3-4M. Money not well spent.

Reactions: mossey3535

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think I'm just going to watch Abbotsford games for the rest of the season instead of subjecting myself to this
I went and watched some minor/junior hockey over the past few weekends because my friend’s boyfriend is a ref and it’s so enjoyable to watch hockey when it’s not the canucks

Reactions: Indiana

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
IMO Tanev-Hughes would have drastically changed this team's fortune. You can get some decent NHL results if you have one great pair.

Making Tanev wait while Jim "freaking" Benning tried to pursue Ekman-Larsson "First", then later only comes to Tanev as the last minute backup. This was the biggest slap in the face to Tanev, the fans, and to the franchise. Benning should of lost his job on the spot, and Tanev should of retired a Vancouver Canuck.

Tanev - Hughes pairing was awesome, and Hughes hasn't been the same since losing his defensive minded rock, Who is one of, If not the best defensive defensemen in the league.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
If it makes anyone feel any better , our best players like Horvat and Kuzmenko are gone at years end (or sooner) and our worst players like Miller , OEL, Myers are here for a long time.
Yah but new mgmt is way better bringing in hot targets like bear, studnika, dermott, etc

You can't expect them to fix this overnight jeez, better wait and see

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Yeah I am sick and tired of this 'leadership' on this team.
Horvat can go, guy wants to get paid? Go somewhere else.

Give the keys to Pettersson for this franchise.
I personally can’t wait for the meaningless cliches that will be spouted after the game and, ultimately, the complete lack of accountability when nothing changes the next game.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I have tix for avs on Thursday and 21st at least i paid for good hockey lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad