Post-Game Talk: Isles def. Canucks - 6-2 (Horvat x2)

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Canucks have only had like 15 shots since the 5 or 6 minute mark of the first. Come into the third trailing by 1 and once again muster an absurdly low number of shots in the third.
Game plan against the Canucks:
1) Pressure the D
Or,
2) Wait for the forwards to turn the puck over via JT Miller or some errant shot.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I enjoyed the game. A loss won’t take away me appreciating that solid first and a spectacular performance from one of the greatest goaltenders in the game, Sorokin.

Reactions: Indiana

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I personally can’t wait for the meaningless cliches that will be spouted after the game and, ultimately, the complete lack of accountability when nothing changes the next game.

Yup, his 'we gotta be better' or 'didn't have the legs tonight'.
For real, you call this guy captain? Rather have Naslund's emo self while he was trying to stick up for Bertuzzi.

Reactions: Indiana

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I was only able to catch the last period and a bit, but it looked pretty close from this fan. I think they're really finding their groove and we'll see some meaningful games in. What month is this? Oh yeah, January. Meaningful games in January.

Go Canucks Go

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
They need to pipe the crowd boos down on the broadcast...Makes it awkward as John and John talk over it obliviously...love house TV!eed to pipe the crowd boos down on the broadcast...Makes it awkward as John and John talk over it obliviously...love house TV!

• Wow
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
There is no such thing as a hybrid backup. You are either a backup or an AHL starter. You don’t sign a backup and stash him in the A. You are just complying we don’t have a 1B playing as a backup which would cost us easy 3-4M. Money not well spent.

Well yes, I suppose I can concede that. It would have been money poorly spent because this team sucks. In fact, this inadvertent tank is probably the best thing all around.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
He can’t be. He’s a nice guy but the rest of the NHL has figured him out. He plays too high and makes himself too small.
Well he's on a two year contract.

I would bring him back next year. Clark just needs to adjust a couple things in his game. What's the point of having a world class goalie coach if he can't get this guy on track?

His glove hand has looked pretty quick before he became the starter. If he just kept his toes in the blue and stopped defaulting to the loaded stance (#3/3 in Clark's system, 1=relaxed/standing, 2=mid, 3=low) I think it would solve a lot of issues immediately.

Like he hasn't been good all year and he's still near .900 (.866 before tonight). That isn't ideal for a backup but many teams in the NHL are only gettting that kind of play from their backup. And this is the highest scoring season for as long as I can rememeber.

Again, the Leafs played Hutchinson for FOUR SEASONS. Arguably a top tier (but ultimately losers) team and they kept playing a guy who was actually terrible. I felt nervous any game he played. Martin is better than that already.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
This team wins zip till 43 and 6 get rides out of town
Way to whip up CONTROVERSY!! EP 40 as the kids say is untouchable. If Glen Sather calls up the Canucks GM and says I'll give you McDavid (McMohammed) for EP 40 and QH43, the Canucks GM must say no, they are untouchable, but you can have proven all star Demko (even tough he has yet to be one.)

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
They need to pipe the crowd boos down on the broadcast...Makes it awkward as John and John talk over it obliviously...love house TV!eed to pipe the crowd boos down on the broadcast...Makes it awkward as John and John talk over it obliviously...love house TV!
Huh? Rogers SN has been pipping in chants and cheers since last season. They actually muffle the sound when there are loud boos.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Well yes, I suppose I can concede that. It would have been money poorly spent because this team sucks. In fact, this inadvertent tank is probably the best thing all around.
If there is a year to not have a backup plan for Demko, this is the one.

Reactions: TruGr1t

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad