Post-Game Talk: Isles def. Canucks - 6-2 (Horvat x2)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: January 3rd, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Mikheyev-Horvat-Boeser
Dries-Miller-Garland
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Pederson
Joshua-Studnicka/Lazar-Lockwood

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Bear
Dermott-Schenn

Martin

Islanders Line-Up:

Bailey-Barzal-Fasching
Lee-Nelson-Beauvillier
Parise-Pageau-Cizikas
Martin-Raty-Johnston

Romanov - Dobson
Wotherspoon - Pulock
Aho - Mayfield

Sorokin

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
As long as the local media avoids misspelling any of the Islanders’ top guns’ names, I like our chances. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, Isles are a deep team. I’m surprised their record isn’t better than it is, but the East in general feels stronger right now.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
As long as the local media avoids misspelling any of the Islanders’ top guns’ names, I like our chances. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, Isles are a deep team. I’m surprised their record isn’t better than it is, but the East in general feels stronger right now.
The fancy stats show that the Isles are actually getting outplayed most games but Sorokin is filthy and their finishing ability at has been decent

Reactions: wonton15

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Brock Nelser!

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I would like to see Dries and Joshua switch. I think Miller will look better with another big body guy.
Garland as well would benefit. I think he’s been at his best when he’s on a line with a bigger winger like Pearson/Podkolzin so I’d like to see him and Joshua tried together for a few games

Reactions: racerjoe

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Miller down to the 3rd line

… next stop, 4th line

Followed by press box

This won't happen and is a bit funny.

Before the season people were calling Horvat a 3C. Its not what either is.

Rightly or wrongly Miller won't see the press box, and I highly doubt we see his minutes down to 4th line minutes.

Garland as well would benefit. I think he’s been at his best when he’s on a line with a bigger winger like Pearson/Podkolzin so I’d like to see him and Joshua tried together for a few games

Didn't think I would say this, but we kind of miss Pearson.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
This won't happen and is a bit funny.

Before the season people were calling Horvat a 3C. Its not what either is.

Rightly or wrongly Miller won't see the press box, and I highly doubt we see his minutes down to 4th line minutes.

Didn't think I would say this, but we kind of miss Pearson.
Agree

The ONLY reason they would not sit Miller is that it put him further into negative trade value by raising even more red flags than his crap play has already raised

5 on 5 points for Miller = 11

11 pathetic points, any clown can pick up inflated points by playing the pp. 5 on 5 points is how you measure true performance

Boeser has 14 5on5 points and OEL has 10!!

Last edited:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Hold up, you mean the guy who was constantly taking offensive zone penalties?

This will be a hot take. And again I can't believe I am saying it... especially me...

No evidence, just me thinking about the team while doing family obligation stuff.

At the start of the season Pearson sucked... as did JT. I think JT has worked his way out of it. He no longer sucks, people have just finally noticed his bad habits that he has had his entire tenure with the Canucks, but he is missing something.

Last year the two players had great success together. I think this was because of the type of player Pearson is. A defensively responsible big body winger decent on the boards smart enough to cycle and find open space.

This year we seem to be putting JT with small guys, and his only success has come with Horvat, who is a big body and does some of the Pearson things.

So basically we need a winger that is bigger body guy good on the boards and a defensive conscious and instead we just have small shifty wingers.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
This will be a hot take. And again I can't believe I am saying it... especially me...

No evidence, just me thinking about the team while doing family obligation stuff.

At the start of the season Pearson sucked... as did JT. I think JT has worked his way out of it. He no longer sucks, people have just finally noticed his bad habits that he has had his entire tenure with the Canucks, but he is missing something.

Last year the two players had great success together. I think this was because of the type of player Pearson is. A defensively responsible big body winger decent on the boards smart enough to cycle and find open space.

This year we seem to be putting JT with small guys, and his only success has come with Horvat, who is a big body and does some of the Pearson things.

So basically we need a winger that is bigger body guy good on the boards and a defensive conscious and instead we just have small shifty wingers.

That's all well and good but the reason Pearson was good last year was his skating returned. The reason he sucked this season was his skating went away again. He's only good as a big body if he can skate and not try to water skit opponents.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
That's all well and good but the reason Pearson was good last year was his skating returned. The reason he sucked this season was his skating went away again. He's only good as a big body if he can skate and not try to water skit opponents.

It was such a small sample size he played and if he had an injury before...

I mean I don't disagree he sucked this year. I am just giving some room for a normal bounce.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
To the fans that willingly hand over cash to aqua to watch his crap team stink out the rink tomorrow, can you please boo Miller every time he screws up? (will be many)

Show him Canadian hockey fans know “the right way to play game”

Remind PA and JR how much they screwed up by signing that floater long term

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
They should at least for a game, or even say the first half of a game and a message by plunking him on the 4th line, no powerplay time etc.

See how he reacts, if it's positive then give him some powerplay time etc.

Send a bit of a message without tanking his value completely. But they won't because there are no consequences unless you're a 3rd pairing defender or young player who made a mistake.

Hell, just in the first powerplay of the game run the first unit out without him. Just once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad