GDT: Islanders @ Wings - Preseason Game 3

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Hen Kolland said:
Also, I can’t agree that he’s been the worst player on the ice. I think that title belongs to Oliwer Kaski tonight.

I can't agree that Kaski has been the worst: Hicketts got burned a couple of times, TyBert has been pretty invisible, and AA has been a little off aside from the goal -- and I don't really care about anyone on the Isles -- but I don't think anyone's been "bad" per se.

And there it is. f***ing f***.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Thought Bertuzzi and Mantha were Detroit's worst forwards the first two periods, but they both looked a lot better in the third. Thought Ras was mostly invisible, and had his worst game of the preseason so far. It happens.

Zadina, man. I saw some really good offensive instincts out of him, and some pretty good chances on the power play, but at this point, I don't think I'll be too bummed if he starts in GR. He's just getting too panicky and isn't playing with enough confidence, which he desperately needs.

Thought Filppula and Hirose both were low-key very good tonight. I wish Blashill kept that Hirose-Flip-AA line together, once Ras started to struggle (I think Bertuzzi/Mantha were as much to blame), he switched Ras with AA, Filppula and Hirose were 50/50 on their shifts, I felt.

I loved that pass to Hronek from Erne. I thought he showed flashes of good play, especially defensively, but he also had some iffy moments as well.

Veleno was okay. Some good rushes, some good cycling. Still feel like I want to see more. I don't think he should start in the NHL.

Kaski and Hicketts both looked awful. Hronek had a very Jekyll and Hyde game, there were some great defensive plays/great offensive instincts and then just some really dumb brainfarts and poor reads, (AA is probably more to blame on Beauviller's OT winner, but it really didn't seem like Hronek noticed he was there until it was too late.)

Seider still looks very encouraging. Not a liability and can hold his ground well. Cholowski had a very strong first half of the game, but eventually seemed to fizzle out as the game went along. Dekeyser had an okay game. Kinda the average game he gives for the majority of the season.

Howard was okay, he gave the team a chance to win and that's really all that matters to me.

Overall, it was a pretty even game for the most part. Didn't think either team dominated the game, and both had their share of questionable moments. But it was good to see AA, Mantha and Hronek score, and Hirose gets some assists. Would like to see a similar lineup like this vs Pittsburgh only with Larkin in the lineup.

Yooper906

Jul 1, 2016
Michigan
I’m a pretty optimistic Red Wing fan, but to me, Zadina is nowhere near to being an NHL player. Not saying he won’t get there or that he’s a bust. But right now he is so limited in what he can do out there. Reminds me of Frk. Good shot but if he’s not being set up for 1 timers, he’s below average every where else. In my prospect rankings he’s behind Seider, Veleno, and Rasmussen. By a good margain. Like I said, not giving up on him yet, but part of me wishes that we had Yzerman for that draft too

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Okay, rather he looks like a dud than is a dud. I hope he gets out of it, but I’m not seeing any glimpses of NHL caliber whatsoever right now.
That’s a little drastic. I still think he’s a lock to be a top six forward in the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad