GDT: Islanders @ Wings - Preseason Game 3

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
EE6gTKnX4AAgb78

no tv, streamed on wings website and fox sports go in market.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
added 10:49am, Khan...
power-play units tonight:
Bertuzzi (net front), Zadina (slot), Athanasiou-Mantha (half walls), Cholowski (point)
And
Erne (net front), Rasmussen (slot), Hronek-Hirose (half walls), Kaski (point)​

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Is Grand Rapids considered in market for this? Honestly don't know if it means just detroit. I like the lineup though overall

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Underrated move putting Zadina in the bumper position on the powerplay. There is no time for him to wind up that one timer. He has to be making decisions before the puck arrives, and if he's shooting, he's pulling that trigger as soon as the puck is on his stick to compensate for the lack of time and space. I feel like they are forcing him to A) continue to learn the tough lessons of time and space, and B) dumb the game down and help him rely on reactionary use of his very good skill level, not overthink and try to make the perfect play.

Also, this game feels like a crash course penalty kill game for Veleno. They are going to run him like he's LGD. A lot of tough matchups, penalty kill, D-zone grinding.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Rasmussen with Bertuzzi and Mantha is what I call giving him a real, honest chance to prove something tonight.

Should be a game to actually draw some conclusions from the younger guys. Ras is getting a big opportunity with more than capable linemates, Zadina wont be playing against Kane and Toews calibre players with a fourth line calibre centerand has some talent on the PP with him as well.

The Isles line up isnt great overall but that fourth line is really good defensively and they have a pretty good d group in as well. SOthe wings definitely have the edge but that defense is solid.

Hoping this gets streamed or I might need to learn how to use a VPN between now and puck drop

Reactions: Solarion

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Veleno will get a look with Mantha and Bert. I hope he kicks ass! Nice to see a respectable lineup tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad