GDT: Islanders @ Wings - Preseason Game 3

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I notice a lot of things during a game. I noticed how poised Seider looks. I noticed how comfortable Veleno looks. I noticed that Filppula is still as pass first as ever. I noticed that Mantha shot was world class. I noticed that the only thing you ever mention is that Zadina is a **** up.

Maybe watch for more than one player’s mistakes and you’ll find more to be excited about.

people bag on players all the time, but you only seem to get worked up about it when that player is zadina.

Reactions: Flowah

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I don't think Zadinas playing awful but I think he feels like he should be scoring getting goals and hes trying harder and harder and that's putting him out of position in some circumstances and panicky in others. He just needs to put a few in and calm the nerves I think.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
60 wing fans wanted hughes , 30 wanted bouchard / boquist / dobson
Yeah that's not right. Noone even thought Zadina had a chance of making it past 3 and then in the remote likelihood he did, definitely going at 5, which is why he didn't even make the conversation. Don't change the conversation.

You could also say that no one on Red Wings wanted Dahlin or A. Svechnikov either by that logic.

I never understood why people are so obviously just making up shit to fit their narrative.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
people bag on players all the time, but you only seem to get worked up about it when that player is zadina.

I’ve died on a hill defending Mantha more than any player on the team. And I was also a shameless Riley Sheahan advocate. I have no problem owning my biases, but Zadina definitely is not one of them. I’m critical of his game without pointing at all of his gaffs every time he steps on the ice.

Reactions: RedMenace

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I notice a lot of things during a game. I noticed how poised Seider looks. I noticed how comfortable Veleno looks. I noticed that Filppula is still as pass first as ever. I noticed that Mantha shot was world class. I noticed that the only thing you ever mention is that Zadina is a **** up.

Maybe watch for more than one player’s mistakes and you’ll find more to be excited about.

Because he’s been the most noticeably BAD on the ice. If you can’t see it, you’re in denial.

I wanted him on the team too, but gotta call a spade a spade here.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
hronek is so good at getting his one timer off

I bet he could get one off of a slap pass from pulkkinen while cart wheeling

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Zadina still looks... Out matched. He'll need to play in the AHL again.

I remember how happy this board was when selected. I loved it. I got called out last year beacuse I thought it was a mistake they took him(to develop) and not defensemen Evan Bouchard( if we're devolping) but hey... I thought Zadina was a day 1 players possibly... so, yeah I'm disappointed he's taking time. It's definately way to early to throw int he towel or say he's a dud/finished product. It is looking more and more though like he's worth throwing in a trade for legit players like Brayden Point or even Patrik Laine.

Hronek is the guy I thought he was. Marek Zidlicky 2.0. I think he'll easily be our best defense-men this year and get some league recognition and not just a name we like here. We're watching a kid start to "arrive."

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Better that watching commercials. Why call them zombies though?

Yeah, I like watching people have fun... I don't like kids and questionable "adults" jump and wave and yell and make general asses of themselves during interviews or when people are trying to do their jobs.

Wrangle your shitty, unruly kids, and/or act like you've got a shred of sense.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Because he’s been the most noticeably BAD on the ice. If you can’t see it, you’re in denial.

I wanted him on the team too, but gotta call a spade a spade here.

You’re calling a card that hasn’t been flipped over a spade though. I can’t disagree that he looks lost at times; there are definitely moments of tunnel vision and bad decisions, but I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s a dud.

Also, I can’t agree that he’s been the worst player on the ice. I think that title belongs to Oliwer Kaski tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad