Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 15 5.3%

• Total voters

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
See between Justin Poirier vs Dean Letourneau. They are quite polar opposite in term of size but I would rather get a guy like him with elite traits over a super large sized player with a steep learning curves. If you asked me to chose between Poirier and Letournesu, I would not hesitate to go with the little guy.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
The famous Berkly Catton interview.

This guy is a student of hockey little details and put efforts to improve is game...wow!!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

I hope we draft Cole even though he probably won't be part of the habs future. Similar to Lane, he might go a lot lower than a player of his talent should. He will be worth a lot in a couple of years if he looks great in college, and Lane shows to be dominant offensively in the NHL. People will expect Cole to be the next Lane Hutson.

Reactions: Rozz

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
The famous Berkly Catton interview.

This guy is a student of hockey little details and put efforts to improve is game...wow!!

That's become the norm rather than the exception with aspiring professional hockey players in North America. Nowadays they all have personal trainers, skating coaches, skills coaches, nutrition consultants etc and they work with them all year.

Reactions: McGees

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Have you seen Charlie Elick play? A number of scouts say he is a good skater and has a real nasty streak.What is your take on him if you have watched his play?

He's mean and he's a good skater. That's about it for him. I have some real challenges with his ability to move the play forward. There's been some really awful reads throughout the u18 where he has open options and chooses the covered one almost every time.

He's probably a 3rd pair PK playoff warrior, if he fixes the other stuff, which is tough to fix at this juncture, you could survive with him as a 4 next to a creative puck mover.

Reactions: Hansman

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
I'm a bit afraid to admit it but the 2024 eligible forward who has impressed me over all others at the U18s is Trevor Connelly. Based solely on this extremely small sample size, I'd put him above Greentree, Iginla, Luchanko, Vanacker, Helenius, Brandsegg-Nygard and others.

Fast, rugged, highly skilled. Maybe the kid is an idiot but he can really play hockey.

Reactions: Anardil

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Wow!!!!

I just listened Marco D'amico's interview on the French Radio 91.9.

He said that he did about 15 interviews so far with prospects of the June draft and Berkly Catton is the one who impressed him the most:

He said that usually the interviews are 15 minutes long but with Catton's passion of the game the interview was an hour.

He said that he is exactly the type of Martin St Louis cause he is a student of the game.

He gave an example:

Catton told him that last summer he spent hundreds of hours working on his shot but for him it was not enough so he décided to go to a goaltenders camp to speak with them. Catton asked them what were the areas where they were the most uncomfortable in the net. So with the answers that the goaltenders gave him he worked on his shot specically on that.

D'Amico said Catton had the best personnalty he interviewed so far because of his passion , his knowledge of the game etc.

Catton told him thst during the season he watched 15 habs games to study Nick Suzuki's game on 200 foot and Cole Caufield for his release.

I had Catton 3rd overall because of his IQ ( the most important quality for a hockey player). ...this convince me even more..
So one of Chicago, Anaheim or Columbus should be selecting him I guess?!

Slaf was playing in a team with no pressure to perform. It should be very different next year. There will be pressure to improve and less patience for development imo
Slaf built for this market…not worried

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I value size and his game but I do wonder how is translates to the NHL. I have not personally watched many games from Lindstrom to know any true authority.

I just voice word of caution. 3rd rounder in the WHL draft and has shown promise this season as an older pick in this draft. The other angle to it is guys his size with his skill do look good when compared to others in the CHL. Lots of 16/17 year olds and smaller 18/19 year olds to capalize on.

I just wish Lindstrom was in the U18's. Really wanted to see what he could do against the best in the world his age.

Call me crazy but I really like Iggy and Eiserman
If he was at the U18 and was dominating, he’d be gone by our selection.

It is up to our scouts to determine if he’s worthy at our selection minus the luxury of seeing him play at this tournament.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I'm a bit afraid to admit it but the 2024 eligible forward who has impressed me over all others at the U18s is Trevor Connelly. Based solely on this extremely small sample size, I'd put him above Greentree, Iginla, Luchanko, Vanacker, Helenius, Brandsegg-Nygard and others.

Fast, rugged, highly skilled. Maybe the kid is an idiot but he can really play hockey.
He's a brilliant player but so are Slaf, Suzuki, and Caufield and if one of them poops in the others' bags it could really mess with the vibe we're cultivating.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's mean and he's a good skater. That's about it for him. I have some real challenges with his ability to move the play forward. There's been some really awful reads throughout the u18 where he has open options and chooses the covered one almost every time.

He's probably a 3rd pair PK playoff warrior, if he fixes the other stuff, which is tough to fix at this juncture, you could survive with him as a 4 next to a creative puck mover.
Sounds like a late round pick

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's a brilliant player but so are Slaf, Suzuki, and Caufield and if one of them poops in the others' bags it could really mess with the vibe we're cultivating.

And furthermore, a few years after the Mailloux blow up, Molson isn't gonna want to stand in front of the media and sponsors to defend why they took a kid who used racial slurs and made light of the holocaust on snap chat.

Reactions: le_sean

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Does Star of India have lunch buffets these days, or did that go with COVID? Draft Catton and take him to the Indian buffet every day. No one can set foot there without committing to three plates, not counting dessert.
If you are talking about the same restaurant on Sherbrooke St W, then I must mention that Ganges is miles better! :naughty::naughty:

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
And furthermore, a few years after the Mailloux blow up, Molson isn't gonna want to stand in front of the media and sponsors to defend why they took a kid who used racial slurs and made light of the holocaust on snap chat.
I mean the snapchat thing is an edgy 15 or 16 year old dummy who had access to social media, I wouldn't write him off as a pick because of that. Pooping in teammates' bags though?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I mean the snapchat thing is an edgy 15 or 16 year old dummy who had access to social media, I wouldn't write him off as a pick because of that. Pooping in teammates' bags though?

Yeah the teammate stuff will make them not want him as a person, just saying there's another layer there that means Molson would never sign off on it.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
And part of the bigger problem with him in my opinion is that his bad behavior has been a pattern over the years. The snapchat and pee/poop stuff only seems to be the tip of the iceberg. He went through countless hockey programs in his teen years.

That doesn't mean at all that the kid is irredeemable but there's a lot of work to do on himself and I'm not ready to trust him nor his family to help him off on that (seems like the apple didn't fall far from the tree in this case).

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
If you are talking about the same restaurant on Sherbrooke St W, then I must mention that Ganges is miles better! :naughty::naughty:
wow a ganges shoutout. An NDG cornerstone. My favourite Indian resto in montreal. And they deliver to westmount lol

in his defence, who amongst us hasn't taken a shit in a friend's luggage?

ok I'll let myself out now
💩

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wow!!!!

I just listened Marco D'amico's interview on the French Radio 91.9.

He said that he did about 15 interviews so far with prospects of the June draft and Berkly Catton is the one who impressed him the most:

He said that usually the interviews are 15 minutes long but with Catton's passion of the game the interview was an hour.

He said that he is exactly the type of Martin St Louis cause he is a student of the game.

He gave an example:

Catton told him that last summer he spent hundreds of hours working on his shot but for him it was not enough so he décided to go to a goaltenders camp to speak with them. Catton asked them what were the areas where they were the most uncomfortable in the net. So with the answers that the goaltenders gave him he worked on his shot specically on that.

D'Amico said Catton had the best personnalty he interviewed so far because of his passion , his knowledge of the game etc.

Catton told him thst during the season he watched 15 habs games to study Nick Suzuki's game on 200 foot and Cole Caufield for his release.

I had Catton 3rd overall because of his IQ ( the most important quality for a hockey player). ...this convince me even more..
Very cool

Reactions: Rozz and crosbyshow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad