Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I just emailed my ticket rep to find out why I didn’t get that email…
The Isles front office is trying, but they're still behind the curve as far as seamless operations. I give them a pass as the business operations are now transferring over but you definitely need to be on top of your stuff because otherwise something like this sale will come and go and you won't get notice of it.

For my renewal, I got it about 10 days after everyone else did and it had the wrong price. They worked hard to get it right - my rep was responsive but its a work in progress over there. But I'll take that over an organization that doesn't give a shit.

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
One thing to keep in mind is that the best seats aren't typically released during the first presale(s). They keep them in stock to lure new season ticket holders for next season. By waiting until presale #3 for round 1, I got a strip for seats in Section 26, Row 3 for about the same price as the cheapest seat in the house.

Not sure it will be the same for round 2, but that's my take.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Somebody more familiar with Barclays, let me know what you think. I've upgraded to full season for next year, and I have good seats at the Coliseum, but didnt care as much about my Barclays seats since I cant make it there as often.

My choices were essentially upper level either row 7 on blue line defend twice side or row 11 on center ice attack side. I went with 11. Is that crazy high/tough to see?

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Somebody more familiar with Barclays, let me know what you think. I've upgraded to full season for next year, and I have good seats at the Coliseum, but didnt care as much about my Barclays seats since I cant make it there as often.

My choices were essentially upper level either row 7 on blue line defend twice side or row 11 on center ice attack side. I went with 11. Is that crazy high/tough to see?
The sight lines actually aren’t bad, I just hate the higher rows in the upper deck because the stairs are so steep. And because they’re steep, the sightlines are good (if that makes sense). But it’s not too bad, easy to see.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
The sight lines actually aren’t bad, I just hate the higher rows in the upper deck because the stairs are so steep. And because they’re steep, the sightlines are good (if that makes sense). But it’s not too bad, easy to see.

Thanks, appreciate it. I figured the difference between rows 11 and 7 would be worth the attack section.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

The upper deck is high and steep. I believe row10 is even with the top of the scoreboard at Barclays. I’d go with the seats in row 7.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'll talk to my rep about it. How strict are they about changing seats?
JMO, but at Barclays I think it pays to be behind the net or at least in the corner. Those sections (sect 212-220) are considerably lower than the ones from goal line to goal line as they are only above one level of boxes. The ones in center ice have two levels of luxury boxes making them higher.

I understand that the cache is generally the closer to center ice, the better. But in this instance, I think the height may trump. But that's a personal decision.

Either way, you should go and actually sit in your seat before committing. They'll probably let you switch, no problem, after the season and may even have an event where you can pick your seat out but as someone else suggested - the sooner you do it, the better. If you don't grab it soon, you may lose it.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I reached out to my rep about discussing it. I was actually thinking corner might be good too. All brought up good points, thanks for your help!

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
"We are pleased to provide you access to purchase ticket packages for round 2. Your opportunity to purchase will start on Friday, April 19th at 2PM. You will receive another email from us before your sales window opens."

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

I forget which side is which, but as crasherino mentioned, 212-220 are really great sections to be in. That being said, I would stay away from 211 & 221. I have had my seats in 210 and 222 and I love this sections. While they are higher, up than 212-220, I love my seats in row 2. Row 3 sucks because of the bar. The 3D seating chart is actually really helpful.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
"We are pleased to provide you access to purchase ticket packages for round 2. Your opportunity to purchase will start on Friday, April 19th at 2PM. You will receive another email from us before your sales window opens."
That looks like strips. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: davinhimself

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I forget which side is which, but as crasherino mentioned, 212-220 are really great sections to be in. That being said, I would stay away from 211 & 221. I have had my seats in 210 and 222 and I love this sections. While they are higher, up than 212-220, I love my seats in row 2. Row 3 sucks because of the bar. The 3D seating chart is actually really helpful.

Wonder if you sit near me. I'm 222 row 3 at barclays. I'm right next to the stairs so I don't have a bar but a glass plate in front of me. Not really an annoyance.

Anyone looking for tickets, I personally feel 222 or 210 (the section across) give the best value.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Wonder if you sit near me. I'm 222 row 3 at barclays. I'm right next to the stairs so I don't have a bar but a glass plate in front of me. Not really an annoyance.

Anyone looking for tickets, I personally feel 222 or 210 (the section across) give the best value.
I just sent you a PM....

I think that 222 and 210 used to the the best value. They have become slightly worse. Since the Isles took back control, they have eliminated a lot of price points and either rounded them up or down. 222 and 210 got rounded up. I paid 25 this season and will be paying 32 next season.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Again, thanks to you guys for all the info!
One other thing that people alluded to here - there are tons of bars and railings in the "lower" upper deck. You really need to look at your actual seat to see if its completely unobstructed. When I went to Barclays to preview seats when it first opened, I was struck by how many railings there were and the potential to really obstruct a view. One seat may be great and the seat next to it may suck. I ultimately ended up in the 100s but I really liked the view from 220 as well.

Others have pointed out other sections upstairs so take all it in, but for sure, for sure go and sit in your seat before you commit to a full season in that seat. You very well may have a metal bar or plexi-glass right in your view.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
If anyone here gets the email, can you post it here? Last time, mine came a little late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad