Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
Seems to me that most who purchased at the lowest rate are already taking into account regular box office prices and have priced theirs accordingly.

Do you think this is the "cheapest" stubhub will be unless demand tanks due to the team sucking?
Yes. Because the ones that are really cheap are people that are selling theirs on the low side. As soon as the place sells out in the public on sale, the cheap seats will be gone. The stuff that's left will be the Broker that they deal with, and people that bought high trying to sell higher.

Again... This is my opinion and I've been wrong before, but if they win, that is what I think will happen. If they lose 2, prices will drop....and the people that bought high will either go, or sell at a loss.

The days of making a lot of money flipping are coming to an end. The teams have data on how to price their stuff and are doing it accordingly.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
So my rep is claiming it was a glitch but instead of dropping just two of my tickets he dropped all 8........ He said they are working with Ticketmaster to try and get me back my seats or similar seats........

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
So my rep is claiming it was a glitch but instead of dropping just two of my tickets he dropped all 8........ He said they are working with Ticketmaster to try and get me back my seats or similar seats........

Wow...

I'm sorry. I'm sure you're pretty damn pissed right now, and deservedly so.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

They will fix it. They have the seats and always hold stuff back. I wouldn't be surprised if you get better seats.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

This whole process is kind of fly by the seat of their pants. When I spoke to my rep at the last game of the season (after I bought my first round extra strips), he said that there would be another process for selecting games for 2nd round. Once the second round was upon us, you got to keep the first round strips you already had. Of course, what if you didn't want some/all of those? Then it became a manual process and manual processes get f'd up.

They're trying but their are bound to be screw ups. But, I have to say, my rep did me right. I was in Israel when tickets became available and he called me and let me know what was going on and made adjustments to what tickets I had - dropped some and picked others up.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
Yea right now im not too worried. I'm pretty hopeful they will make it right. The only issue is I sold two tickets on SH that I now dont have. But thats also only a minor issue.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!

Ouch. Good luck getting some replacement seats--that really sucks.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Yea right now im not too worried. I'm pretty hopeful they will make it right. The only issue is I sold two tickets on SH that I now dont have. But thats also only a minor issue.

I'd complain to the Isles--stubhub typically charges you 20% of the cost of the ticket if you can't deliver it.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
They will fix it. They have the seats and always hold stuff back. I wouldn't be surprised if you get better seats.

They'll make it right and get him seats but I'm not sure if they can get them his exact ones. I noticed the ones I dropped were on Ticketmaster for individual game sales. If the same thing happened with his seats and someone bought those, then what do they do?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
They'll make it right and get him seats but I'm not sure if they can get them his exact ones. I noticed the ones I dropped were on Ticketmaster for individual game sales. If the same thing happened with his seats and someone bought those, then what do they do?

This whole process is kind of fly by the seat of their pants. When I spoke to my rep at the last game of the season (after I bought my first round extra strips), he said that there would be another process for selecting games for 2nd round. Once the second round was upon us, you got to keep the first round strips you already had. Of course, what if you didn't want some/all of those? Then it became a manual process and manual processes get f'd up.

They're trying but their are bound to be screw ups. But, I have to say, my rep did me right. I was in Israel when tickets became available and he called me and let me know what was going on and made adjustments to what tickets I had - dropped some and picked others up.

I had really good value lower level extra strips that I purchased for round 1. For round 2, they replaced them with really crappy seats in the last row. I called and they told me it happened to a few people but don't know why.... Ultimately, I could have asked him to fix it, but I probably was going to drop them anyway because they were at the half season rate and could have purchased more with a full season account.

If you call, have a valid issue, and are polite about it, they really do try (and can) make you whole. I get bummed out when people bash STH reps all the time. They are usually young kinds with little or no authority that are trying to start a career in a cut throat industry.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I had really good value lower level extra strips that I purchased for round 1. For round 2, they replaced them with really crappy seats in the last row. I called and they told me it happened to a few people but don't know why.... Ultimately, I could have asked him to fix it, but I probably was going to drop them anyway because they were at the half season rate and could have purchased more with a full season account.

If you call, have a valid issue, and are polite about it, they really do try (and can) make you whole. I get bummed out when people bash STH reps all the time. They are usually young kinds with little or no authority that are trying to start a career in a cut throat industry.

I'll give the Isles crap when they are disorganized or take on some nonsensical policies (like the overpricing of premium games this year) or when reps do some idiotic things that we've heard on here. But, on the flip side, I think we need to give them credit when they get things right - after all this is a work in progress in the first year.

The Islanders definitely did right by their STHs in the playoffs. They have been a bit late in waiting until the first series was over with dishing out round 2 but as long as we get access to our tickets that we got, it doesn't really bother me. I share my tickets with 5 guys overall and its nice that everyone is able to go to each game. I thought there would be a mad scramble for who goes to which game and I - as the keeper and majority shareholder - would have to be the judge/jury as to who goes where and there would be salty feelings. None of that at all. And can't really complain about pricing either. Its pretty much right where it should be - at least for STHs.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
So they fixed the issue and got my original seats back. So alls well that ends well.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I'll give the Isles crap when they are disorganized or take on some nonsensical policies (like the overpricing of premium games this year) or when reps do some idiotic things that we've heard on here. But, on the flip side, I think we need to give them credit when they get things right - after all this is a work in progress in the first year.

The Islanders definitely did right by their STHs in the playoffs. They have been a bit late in waiting until the first series was over with dishing out round 2 but as long as we get access to our tickets that we got, it doesn't really bother me. I share my tickets with 5 guys overall and its nice that everyone is able to go to each game. I thought there would be a mad scramble for who goes to which game and I - as the keeper and majority shareholder - would have to be the judge/jury as to who goes where and there would be salty feelings. None of that at all. And can't really complain about pricing either. Its pretty much right where it should be - at least for STHs.

I agree 100%. Though the disorganization comes from the top. This is a work in progress. I have been giving constructive feedback through out the season and I can say that every aspect of the staff and game day ops was better in April than in was in October.

The one thing that I was very upset about as a STH early in the season was the secondary market pricing (as were most people). I always felt that STHs are the life blood of any organization. With the post season, they really did right by everyone with pricing and extra strips.

Since they have all the sales data, they made sure that full STH had a great price for the post-season, half STH had and OK, prince, and I have no idea what they did with partials.

Brooklyn is here to stay, and I still think it's far from perfect, but as long as they are getting better, I'm OK with it.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
I agree 100%. Though the disorganization comes from the top. This is a work in progress. I have been giving constructive feedback through out the season and I can say that every aspect of the staff and game day ops was better in April than in was in October.

The one thing that I was very upset about as a STH early in the season was the secondary market pricing (as were most people). I always felt that STHs are the life blood of any organization. With the post season, they really did right by everyone with pricing and extra strips.

Since they have all the sales data, they made sure that full STH had a great price for the post-season, half STH had and OK, prince, and I have no idea what they did with partials.

Brooklyn is here to stay, and I still think it's far from perfect, but as long as they are getting better, I'm OK with it.

agree.....was not happy with my rep in the beginning of the year, but she (along with my experience at games) got much better as the year went on....they definitely did right by the STHs for playoffs....still will not be renewing for next year (though i still plan to goto a ton of games)

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
agree.....was not happy with my rep in the beginning of the year, but she (along with my experience at games) got much better as the year went on....they definitely did right by the STHs for playoffs....still will not be renewing for next year (though i still plan to goto a ton of games)

offcenter scoreboard was too much for ya?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

It can only get better. I'm happy that they are very receptive to feedback.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Isles lowered prices on Tuesday's games by about $10 or so for everything on ticketmaster. There's some seats where you can get a ticket for that individual game for less than half-STH & plan holders paid for the same ticket (ignoring TM fees). That's not right.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Isles lowered prices on Tuesday's games by about $10 or so for everything on ticketmaster. There's some seats where you can get a ticket for that individual game for less than half-STH & plan holders paid for the same ticket (ignoring TM fees). That's not right.

They were doing so good as far as that stuff goes.

usahockey1980

Apr 30, 2016
Islanders Scalp there own seats

The Islanders will scalp there own seats changing prices depending on market value. Many sports teams and concert promoters do this now. Yes, this practice will upset some Season Ticket Holders or previous purchasers when they lower the ticket price or offer discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad