Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I'm in 121 and I love my seats. It's just below the goal line so there's some bend so you have the whole ice in front of you without really moving your head and I happen to not have any obstructions.

Its ridiculous that they take away what are probably the best views in the house for the broadcasters at Barclays but that's the hand we're dealt with. But as long as you don't have any obstructions, 123 and the likes are great seats. And obviously the most expensive.

Nice, I just took a look at those via the 3d viewer and it looks cool.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm in 121 and I love my seats. It's just below the goal line so there's some bend so you have the whole ice in front of you without really moving your head and I happen to not have any obstructions.

Its ridiculous that they take away what are probably the best views in the house for the broadcasters at Barclays but that's the hand we're dealt with. But as long as you don't have any obstructions, 123 and the likes are great seats. And obviously the most expensive.
When you build an arena without a press box that tends to happen.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Below box office face value in the lower bowl. Obstructed views are already under $100. I bet you’ll see some for $60 or less by game time.

Funny thing about Barclays Center. At the end of the day people just don’t like paying huge prices to not see the entire rink or sit up in the clouds.

Saw a pair of seats in 206, row 6 just go for 89 each on ticketmaster.

Reactions: MJF

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Wow - seems like the re-released tickets recently. There definitely were not rows of unobstructed seats available like there are now when I last checked.

They need to stop worrying about getting the absolute most for the ticket and sell the f***ing place out. Its embarrassing if it gets to the point where there are pockets of empty seats all over.

Edit - Why are the front rows of 212/213 all of a sudden available from TM? Those may actually be the visiting team's allotment now that I think about it.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Wow - seems like the re-released tickets recently. There definitely were not rows of unobstructed seats available like there are now when I last checked.

They need to stop worrying about getting the absolute most for the ticket and sell the ****ing place out. Its embarrassing if it gets to the point where there are pockets of empty seats all over.

Barclays has such a stigma surrounding it so it will always be tougher to get people to watch the games over there if they are coming from Long Island.

Why should I go through the hassle of getting out of class/work early to go catch a train and then take about double the time to get back home? The more we look into how Brooklyn has been handled from the beginning the worse it gets.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011

They need to stop worrying about getting the absolute most for the ticket and sell the ****ing place out. Its embarrassing if it gets to the point where there are pockets of empty seats all over.

Edit - Why are the front rows of 212/213 all of a sudden available from TM? Those may actually be the visiting team's allotment now that I think about it.

I saw that before. Those entire rows are available now, as of this morning.

And I agree. Islanders/BSE need to stop being a bunch of Yormarks and just sell it out. Lower the prices, do it now. There's not a whole ton of time left when lots of our fans need to catch a train. I'm coming from Nassau and if I missed the 4:52 today, the next train I could catch is a 5:48 that gets into Atlantic terminal at 7:10.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Barclays has such a stigma surrounding it so it will always be tougher to get people to watch the games over there if they are coming from Long Island.

Why should I go through the hassle of getting out of class/work early to go catch a train and then take about double the time to get back home? The more we look into how Brooklyn has been handled from the beginning the worse it gets.

Umm... I dunno. Maybe cuz the Islanders are in the second round of the playoffs?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Umm... I dunno. Maybe cuz the Islanders are in the second round of the playoffs?

Why not watch it on my television though and not go through the hassle? I live about 45 minutes from Nassau and can leave class and have about an hour of free time in between before I leave and tailgate for a bit. I went to game 2 at Nassau and I already know the atmosphere will not be nearly as fun as I had at round 1.

Round 1 will be by far the most fun experience for any fan this season. Barclays will not surpass those games. I expect it to be loud tonight because Isles fans are crazy, but no way in hell am I spending money to go watch them in Brooklyn unless they make the finals or I get the tickets for free.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Why not watch it on my television though and not go through the hassle? I live about 45 minutes from Nassau and can leave class and have about an hour of free time in between before I leave and tailgate for a bit. I went to game 2 at Nassau and I already know the atmosphere will not be nearly as fun as I had at round 1.

Round 1 will be by far the most fun experience for any fan this season. Barclays will not surpass those games. I expect it to be loud tonight because Isles fans are crazy, but no way in hell am I spending money to go watch them in Brooklyn unless they make the finals or I get the tickets for free.
Perhaps it is time we stop patting ourselves on the back for being such a great fanbase when many of us refuse to take the train and/or pay a premium for the playoffs.

And I'm pretty sure if the Isles make it to the finals it will be more fun than round 1.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Perhaps it is time we stop patting ourselves on the back for being such a great fanbase when many of us refuse to take the train and/or pay a premium for the playoffs.

And I'm pretty sure if the Isles make it to the finals it will be more fun than round 1.
Perhaps they should stop trying to jerk the fan base around with absurd ticket prices that are twice as expensive as last time for the same round?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Perhaps they should stop trying to jerk the fan base around with absurd ticket prices that are twice as expensive as last time for the same round?

They need to get every last penny they can before the Islanders go to Belmont.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I guess.... But regardless, looking at what's available now, for face value, those tix should be gobbled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad