Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
i know people have been saying this but, i really can't believe people thought it was a great idea to play at the barclay's most seats have limited views on one side and just look at sec 126 row 9 and look to the left why the **** is there a wall there?

New York Islanders Virtual Venue™ by IOMEDIA

It's frustrating, but it's all down to money. NHL wants their piece of the suite money pie.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
It's frustrating, but it's all down to money. NHL wants their piece of the suite money pie.
Yup and it’s also the space available for the multiple broadcasts. It’s not great as far as obstructions go obviously but I doubt people will care once the games start. I remember those series in 2015 against Tampa and Florida, the crowd was great.

Should be a lot of fun.

Reactions: Darth Bangkok

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Yup and it’s also the space available for the multiple broadcasts. It’s not great as far as obstructions go obviously but I doubt people will care once the games start. I remember those series in 2015 against Tampa and Florida, the crowd was great.

Should be a lot of fun.

Just win, baby!

Reactions: Darth Bangkok

pjoner

Nov 30, 2005
Annoying as hell to buy tickets for game 1 at face up top and then looking st the secondary market today

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I used to sit there. Decent seats!

I was looking at the 3d view site they have, and it looks like the closer to the center you are, the farther back you are removed from the ice. Since it's not obstructed I figured it wouldn't be an issue. Were you on the same side?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I was looking at the 3d view site they have, and it looks like the closer to the center you are, the farther back you are removed from the ice. Since it's not obstructed I figured it wouldn't be an issue. Were you on the same side?

I was smack in the middle of Row 10. Those corner sections are good because they're closer to the ice than the center sections because there's only one suite underneath them, instead of 2.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I was smack in the middle of Row 10. Those corner sections are good because they're closer to the ice than the center sections because there's only one suite underneath them, instead of 2.

Nice, thanks. You know where I'd sit for the season if money was no object? 123, 125, 107-109. When I buy off of stubhub I try to check there first, excellent seats. Only thing that's suboptimal is you don't have as many fans around you, so it feels more like you're relaxing during a casual afternoon than being at a hockey event.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
How low do you think it's going to go?
Below box office face value in the lower bowl. Obstructed views are already under $100. I bet you’ll see some for $60 or less by game time.

Funny thing about Barclays Center. At the end of the day people just don’t like paying huge prices to not see the entire rink or sit up in the clouds.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Nice, thanks. You know where I'd sit for the season if money was no object? 123, 125, 107-109. When I buy off of stubhub I try to check there first, excellent seats. Only thing that's suboptimal is you don't have as many fans around you, so it feels more like you're relaxing during a casual afternoon than being at a hockey event.

These days, that sounds perfectly fine to me! :laugh:

I'm in 218 Row 2 now. Love those seats, especially for the $$!

Reactions: The Lighthouse

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Below box office face value in the lower bowl. Obstructed views are already under $100. I bet you’ll see some for $60 or less by game time.

Funny thing about Barclays Center. At the end of the day people just don’t like paying huge prices to not see the entire rink or sit up in the clouds.
If I see a decent seat sub- $50 I'm going to go.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011

People in 201 trying to sell for 135 are in Fantasyland. Try knocking that down by about 2/3.

Reactions: MJF

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The corners seem to be some of the best value for sure. That's actually one of the sections I floated to my rep.
Since taking back control, the team eliminated a lot of price points and the extra value of 210/222 at Barclays is gone for next year.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I emailed a few folks about seats and am getting quotes of 175 for row 20 on the sides of the good end. They can enjoy them.

That's direct from the box office? Ticketmaster is actually selling 212-13 row 1 for 149 direct right now!

Sorry, I realized you meant people trying to resell.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
That's direct from the box office? Ticketmaster is actually selling 212-13 row 1 for 149 right now!

Sorry, I realized you meant people trying to resell.
No.. people trying to resell. Surprisingly, the box office has not flexed prices down yet.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
No.. people trying to resell. Surprisingly, the box office has not flexed prices down yet.

Got it, yeah. I'm wondering what the prices will look like in a few hours for those seats direct from Ticketmaster - if they'll lower them.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm in 121 and I love my seats. It's just below the goal line so there's some bend so you have the whole ice in front of you without really moving your head and I happen to not have any obstructions.

Its ridiculous that they take away what are probably the best views in the house for the broadcasters at Barclays but that's the hand we're dealt with. But as long as you don't have any obstructions, 123 and the likes are great seats. And obviously the most expensive.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Since taking back control, the team eliminated a lot of price points and the extra value of 210/222 at Barclays is gone for next year.
Yes. They merged Barclays 121 with 122, which is on the other side of the railing in the “moat” with access to Suite Level A. Lowered the price on 122 a bit and jacked up the price on 121 by 30% next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad