Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Word going around is another year of Barclays/Nassau split, 8% price increase and if you renew first two possible playoff rounds will be at your per game STH price.
I would be really surprised if they split next year, given the fan base reaction to the coliseum so far. Maybe they’ll do weekday games in Brooklyn and weekend at Nassau? Still think they should do full season in Nassau, it seems to bring in the most money at this point, even if it means I can’t walk to isles games anymore.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Seriously - that’s not terrible at all. This year my tickets are 33% less than the first year at Barclays.

Same price for the playoffs too? Lock that up.
I sit in the last row of 128, on the end closer to section 101. $49 a game for those seats in the playoffs is a STEAL.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I would be really surprised if they split next year, given the fan base reaction to the coliseum so far. Maybe they’ll do weekday games in Brooklyn and weekend at Nassau? Still think they should do full season in Nassau, it seems to bring in the most money at this point, even if it means I can’t walk to isles games anymore.

I'm a "Brooklyn guy", and even I'm over it at this point. A split seems stupid, but almost everything I've heard seems to indicate that there will indeed be some sort of split again next year. I guess the question is, what's the ratio going to be?

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
Word going around is another year of Barclays/Nassau split, 8% price increase and if you renew first two possible playoff rounds will be at your per game STH price.

This split arena schedule has to stop, again this is a negative selling point for players and potential UFA signings.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
This split arena schedule has to stop, again this is a negative selling point for players and potential UFA signings.

The owners have to be bleeding out with the attendance figures and current ticket pricing. If the Belmont project were to ever implode, I have to believe Malkin is selling.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
How does Nassau bring in more money? There are 7 suites. Most of the suites in Brooklyn are leased on an annual level and even if they sit dark, there is still revenue coming in for the event.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The owners have to be bleeding out with the attendance figures and current ticket pricing. If the Belmont project were to ever implode, I have to believe Malkin is selling.
They are not bleeding because of ticket prices and attendance. They are bleeding because there is no luxury seating, one tiny club, and 7 crappy suites vs the 93 at Barclays.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
From what I understand, it's not the owners who want to split the schedule, nor is it Barclays. It's the League. THEY want the potential higher revenue from Barclays.

Reactions: sabremike

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
You would think that the attendance figures at Barclays would disabuse them of that notion.
The fact that the NHL won’t let the Islanders host the playoffs at the Coliseum beyond the 1st round should be a pretty strong indicator that there will be a split of games between Barclays and the Barn until Belmont is ready.

Reactions: nyscene

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Did anyone go to the event last night? Just curious what it was line and if there was any swag I missed out on.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Of course. Playoffs, I can see. Regular season games, not so much. Especially when fans know that half the schedule is going to be played at the Coliseum.

This was the death knell of the Barclays experiment. Once fans knew that they could see Islander games in their backyard, any potential shlep to Brooklyn was ditched. Its one thing if that's the only way to see the Islanders. But if you are a fan that sees 3-5 games a year, why go to Brooklyn when you can just choose the Coliseum games?

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Did anyone go to the event last night? Just curious what it was line and if there was any swag I missed out on.

They had a bunch of Step and Repeats around to take photos with some alumni. Free popcorn and pretzels, some actually decent giveaway 'Yes Yes Yes' shirts thrown out into the stands. Overall it was enjoyable, I got the fiancee an awesome Hockey Fights Cancer beanie in the team store too.

I liked Lou and Trotz before obviously, but like them a lot more now.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
This was the death knell of the Barclays experiment. Once fans knew that they could see Islander games in their backyard, any potential shlep to Brooklyn was ditched. Its one thing if that's the only way to see the Islanders. But if you are a fan that sees 3-5 games a year, why go to Brooklyn when you can just choose the Coliseum games?

Exactly.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Saw on twitter that a STH was called by a ticket rep explaining the 19-20 season would be 22 games at Nassau and 21 at the Barc, preseason included.
True. My rep just called me and said my seat was going from $20 a game to $28 because my seat at Nassau is actually not in the cheapest section because of the last minute nature of this past season's relocation. He then offered to move me over from 240 to 238 (In the corner) for the lowest price point so my tickets will be $25 a game. Significant increase but can understand why that had to be done. Also first 2 rounds will be at your current STH per game price if you renew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad