Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Saw on twitter that a STH was called by a ticket rep explaining the 19-20 season would be 22 games at Nassau and 21 at the Barc, preseason included.
I'm guessing opening night and both Rags games will be at BC. Unfortunately, that didn't guarantee them a sellout this year regardless but they'll probably have to put some high value games at BC to ensure a crowd. TML game will probably be there as well. Throw in some weekend day games and they'll get to at least 10 decent crowds at BC.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
True. My rep just called me and said my seat was going from $20 a game to $28 because my seat at Nassau is actually not in the cheapest section because of the last minute nature of this past season's relocation. He then offered to move me over from 240 to 238 (In the corner) for the lowest price point so my tickets will be $25 a game. Significant increase but can understand why that had to be done. Also first 2 rounds will be at your current STH per game price if you renew.
Anything about extra strips for playoffs?

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Just got a call from my rep, and my seat prices are going up substantially (not surprised). So $49 per game will be around $72 per game next season, yowza. But on the other hand, if I didn’t renew then my playoff seats will be substantially more too (round 1 is $98 per game, round 2 is $147 per game if I don’t renew, $49 per game if I do renew). Ahhhh decisions decisions...

Also, renewal emails are going out tomorrow with all the new benefits and info and stuff.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just got a call from my rep, and my seat prices are going up substantially (not surprised). So $49 per game will be around $72 per game next season, yowza. But on the other hand, if I didn’t renew then my playoff seats will be substantially more too (round 1 is $98 per game, round 2 is $147 per game if I don’t renew, $49 per game if I do renew). Ahhhh decisions decisions...

Also, renewal emails are going out tomorrow with all the new benefits and info and stuff.
what section are you in?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The fact that the NHL won’t let the Islanders host the playoffs at the Coliseum beyond the 1st round should be a pretty strong indicator that there will be a split of games between Barclays and the Barn until Belmont is ready.

Unless there are upgrades made to the Coliseum to make it viable. Doubt they want to sink anymore millions of dollars into the Coliseum to renovate it for a season or two though.

This was the death knell of the Barclays experiment. Once fans knew that they could see Islander games in their backyard, any potential shlep to Brooklyn was ditched. Its one thing if that's the only way to see the Islanders. But if you are a fan that sees 3-5 games a year, why go to Brooklyn when you can just choose the Coliseum games?

Attendance definitely dropped after the Coliseum announcement.

I've said for a long time now that the attendance at the Coliseum and Barclays center are pretty much the same. This past week shows me that it is true. A game against Columbus, a potential playoff opponent drew less than 12,000 fans. A game against Ottawa did the same earlier in the week. This is a team that was just sitting in first place for nearly two months, is battling for the top spot and a playoff position, and it isn't selling out in the arena fans were clamoring for since they've moved to Brooklyn. Fans assured me that if a good team was put in Nassau that they'd sell out. Well, it's pretty disappointing that a team with half of it's home games at the Coliseum can't sell them all out while being in a pretty good playoff position.

The fact of the matter is, attendance wasn't bad in Brooklyn because they were playing in a crappy arena or location. It was what it always was because our fan base is so small from decades of ineptitude. Simply moving venues isn't going to change that. We're still not going to sell out mid-week games against non-rivals. This team needs sustained winning in order to put butts in the seats. It's not a Brooklyn verses Coliseum thing, it's a winning verses losing thing.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
126 at Barclays, 128 at Nassau
I guess I'm a few rows behind you at the Coliseum, 121 at Barclays. That $72 price (full season I'm assuming) is a tad lower than the Year 2 price at Barclays. That season I moved downstairs from 222 and the price in 121 was $75 a game.

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Prices on stubhub for coli games seem to be dropping like crazy. A pair of lower level tickets against the habs on Thursday night are going for less than $50 on Stubhub... this is why I’m so hesitant on renewing when season ticket pricing going up as much as it sounds like it is... will secondary market prices match?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Unless there are upgrades made to the Coliseum to make it viable. Doubt they want to sink anymore millions of dollars into the Coliseum to renovate it for a season or two though.

Attendance definitely dropped after the Coliseum announcement.

I've said for a long time now that the attendance at the Coliseum and Barclays center are pretty much the same. This past week shows me that it is true. A game against Columbus, a potential playoff opponent drew less than 12,000 fans. A game against Ottawa did the same earlier in the week. This is a team that was just sitting in first place for nearly two months, is battling for the top spot and a playoff position, and it isn't selling out in the arena fans were clamoring for since they've moved to Brooklyn. Fans assured me that if a good team was put in Nassau that they'd sell out. Well, it's pretty disappointing that a team with half of it's home games at the Coliseum can't sell them all out while being in a pretty good playoff position.

The fact of the matter is, attendance wasn't bad in Brooklyn because they were playing in a crappy arena or location. It was what it always was because our fan base is so small from decades of ineptitude. Simply moving venues isn't going to change that. We're still not going to sell out mid-week games against non-rivals. This team needs sustained winning in order to put butts in the seats. It's not a Brooklyn verses Coliseum thing, it's a winning verses losing thing.

I think you hit the nail on the head here PK. The Islanders are still in that phase where families will go for nostalgia's sake, and not because the team is a contender yet. They have not deserved that status. They need sustained winning over multiple;e years for that to happen.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I haven't gotten a call yet from the Islanders but I did just get a vm from Chris with Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center. I'm thinking that's got nothing to do with the Islanders but he mentioned that my rep has moved on to other opportunities. I wonder if that opportunity is with the Islanders.

Are the calls coming from your old reps?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I haven't gotten a call yet from the Islanders but I did just get a vm from Chris with Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center. I'm thinking that's got nothing to do with the Islanders but he mentioned that my rep has moved on to other opportunities. I wonder if that opportunity is with the Islanders.

Are the calls coming from your old reps?
I think my current rep got cut loose and isn’t making the switch to OVG/Isles.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I think my current rep got cut loose and isn’t making the switch to OVG/Isles.
Have you gotten a call yet? I'm wondering if Sect 121 is also $72 now. Its cheaper than years 1 & 2 after the move to BC but a pretty stiff increase from this year. A lot more than the 8% we were talking about/hoping for.

Not necessarily unreasonable, I guess, considering the demand that's been at the Coliseum this year but its basically a 50% increase - that's pretty significant. And a lot of that had to do with the novelty. Based on recent ticket demand, the novelty has worn off somewhat.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I really have my fingers crossed that they will post a new color coded chart with prices, but that probably isn't going to happen.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Have you gotten a call yet? I'm wondering if Sect 121 is also $72 now. Its cheaper than years 1 & 2 after the move to BC but a pretty stiff increase from this year. A lot more than the 8% we were talking about/hoping for.

Not necessarily unreasonable, I guess, considering the demand that's been at the Coliseum this year but its basically a 50% increase - that's pretty significant. And a lot of that had to do with the novelty. Based on recent ticket demand, the novelty has worn off somewhat.
I never got a call.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I just got the renewal email, confirming the prices I was told yesterday. Now I have a couple weeks to decide if I want to renew or not, given the prices have gone up about 50%.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Btw the new benefits include:

• PRIORITY AT BELMONT PARK ARENA NEW FOR 2019-20!
  • PRICE GUARANTEE
  • ACCESS TO CHEF'S TABLE AT QATAR CLUB & GRANT THORNTON VIP LOUNGE INCLUDED WITH RINKSIDE MEMBERSHIP
  • MEMBER GIFT OF YOUR CHOICE NEW FOR 2019-20!
  • PRINTED TICKET BOOKLET NEW FOR 2019-20!
  • ENTRY TO SEAT RELOCATION PROGRAM NEW FOR 2019-20!
  • EXCLUSIVE MEMBER EVENTS NEW FOR 2019-20!

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Not really a benefit. This is something you have to offer everyone to sell tickets at the new arena. They would have done it anyway.
  • PRICE GUARANTEE
This is good if they actually honor it. They have been saying they are going to do this since they started at Barclays and haven't stuck to it. I'm constantly showing them proof
  • ACCESS TO CHEF'S TABLE AT QATAR CLUB & GRANT THORNTON VIP LOUNGE INCLUDED WITH RINGSIDE MEMBERSHIP
If you have club seats, this is an assumption
As long as it's not junk, cool.
I'm really happy about this.
This is something they would have done anyway.
TBD...

I got a decent price increase and a lot of noise. I'm still renewing, but let's not pretend this is amazing.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Not really a benefit. This is something you have to offer everyone to sell tickets at the new arena. They would have done it anyway.
  • PRICE GUARANTEE
This is good if they actually honor it. They have been saying they are going to do this since they started at Barclays and haven't stuck to it. I'm constantly showing them proof
  • ACCESS TO CHEF'S TABLE AT QATAR CLUB & GRANT THORNTON VIP LOUNGE INCLUDED WITH RINGSIDE MEMBERSHIP
If you have club seats, this is an assumption
As long as it's not junk, cool.
I'm really happy about this.
This is something they would have done anyway.
TBD...

I got a decent price increase and a lot of noise. I'm still renewing, but let's not pretend this is amazing.
Yeah they’re really not... just standard benefits.

I’m really on the fence, because I think the value is dropping significantly. I’m also just not able to get to the coliseum consistently as I live in Brooklyn, and Barclays tickets would be a lot cheaper than $73 per ticket for where I’m sitting. Hell I’ve seen games go for like $40 per game for a Saturday game at Barclays, on stubhub... and the team is winning! While season tickets for the past couple years have been a great value, I think next year it’s going to be rough, even if the team does well again.

To me the only holdup is the discounted playoff tickets for round 1 and 2. Although to be honest, I don’t think I’d be able to attend round 1 anyway, since its hard for me to get to the coliseum. It might just make sense to buy strips or individual tickets.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Yeah they’re really not... just standard benefits.

I’m really on the fence, because I think the value is dropping significantly. I’m also just not able to get to the coliseum consistently as I live in Brooklyn, and Barclays tickets would be a lot cheaper than $73 per ticket for where I’m sitting. Hell I’ve seen games go for like $40 per game for a Saturday game at Barclays, on stubhub... and the team is winning! While season tickets for the past couple years have been a great value, I think next year it’s going to be rough, even if the team does well again.

To me the only holdup is the discounted playoff tickets for round 1 and 2. Although to be honest, I don’t think I’d be able to attend round 1 anyway, since its hard for me to get to the coliseum. It might just make sense to buy strips or individual tickets.
What section / row are your seats in?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Anyone else look at their invoice and the numbers don't match up to what they are supposed to?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Is the invoice in your account? I just checked my acct - nothing is there. Haven't received an email or call either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad