Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Been told that it should be functional today and we should get an email about it. We'll see if that comes to fruition but that's the word on the street.
I got the email as well. Going to play with it tomorrow. It's funny how you turn them in for the low price and purchase at the high.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Maybe someone here can help me out.

Last year, we had a two ways to get seats:

We were able to use the app to add / return / exchange seats through the Experience App and we had a portal from the team to buy additional seats.

Has anyone seen that portal this year?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Maybe someone here can help me out.

Last year, we had a two ways to get seats:

We were able to use the app to add / return / exchange seats through the Experience App and we had a portal from the team to buy additional seats.

Has anyone seen that portal this year?
There is a portal that says "Buy tickets" in the app (right under "Manage My Tickets") that takes you to a ticketmaster link. That's probably the way to do it.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
There is a portal that says "Buy tickets" in the app (right under "Manage My Tickets") that takes you to a ticketmaster link. That's probably the way to do it.
That's not it. That's just ticketmaster with fees. Last year we had a password to a site where the prices were lower and there were no fees.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
That's not it. That's just ticketmaster with fees. Last year we had a password to a site where the prices were lower and there were no fees.
If I remember correctly, it was still a Ticketmaster-based site but we had a password that gave us better pricing and/or no fees. The buy tickets link sends you to TM - it may well be that its the same set up but we just need the password/offer code.

What did your rep say? They should be able to answer pretty easily. Hopefully.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
If I remember correctly, it was still a Ticketmaster-based site but we had a password that gave us better pricing and/or no fees. The buy tickets link sends you to TM - it may well be that its the same set up but we just need the password/offer code.

What did your rep say? They should be able to answer pretty easily. Hopefully.
I haven't called yet. Had a pretty busy morning.
Yes.. it was a Ticketmaster based site, but there were no fees and the prices were lower.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I haven't called yet. Had a pretty busy morning.
Yes.. it was a Ticketmaster based site, but there were no fees and the prices were lower.

Let us know what you find out. I wouldn't be surprised if that option is no longer available. Or that it hasn't been contemplated yet. The Islander ticket office is still somewhat of a fly by the seat of your pants operation.

Although, I did use my experience credit for Club Access seats last week and that was a nice experience. I've never been to the Club at Barclays and I'll call it a Legends Seats-lite. Not quite up to the level of the Yankees AYCE Club but also very well done. Cost me $155 in Experience Credit. Well worth it.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Let us know what you find out. I wouldn't be surprised if that option is no longer available. Or that it hasn't been contemplated yet. The Islander ticket office is still somewhat of a fly by the seat of your pants operation.

Although, I did use my experience credit for Club Access seats last week and that was a nice experience. I've never been to the Club at Barclays and I'll call it a Legends Seats-lite. Not quite up to the level of the Yankees AYCE Club but also very well done. Cost me $155 in Experience Credit. Well worth it.

I called. They are working on it and they don't have a time table for a rollout. Until then, you can call and inquire about additional games and they can take care of it over the phone. I picked up extra seats for a few games that I needed....but that was paid for with money, not the experience credit.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I called. They are working on it and they don't have a time table for a rollout. Until then, you can call and inquire about additional games and they can take care of it over the phone. I picked up extra seats for a few games that I needed....but that was paid for with money, not the experience credit.

Two things....First, I'm not surprised that they haven't figured it out yet despite having it in place last year and could have very well been simply rolled over.

Second, at least they are trying to deal with it as best as possible and hopefully they give you a good deal/discount. They should know by now that they should be taking care of their best customers. Lord knows there ain't that many of us.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Two things....First, I'm not surprised that they haven't figured it out yet despite having it in place last year and could have very well been simply rolled over.

Second, at least they are trying to deal with it as best as possible and hopefully they give you a good deal/discount. They should know by now that they should be taking care of their best customers. Lord knows there ain't that many of us.

There is more to it than that. Ticketmaster rolled out a lot of changes this season to teams and they have to figure out how to integrate all the APIs. There are a lot of things in play. They have to block off stuff that is on hold for the experience app, figure out how to show a specific price to specific people (always isles, half, mini plans), figure out what to do with the resale inventory, and a lot more.

This isn't done at the rep level. It's done at a much higher level.

I have never had an issue with their service on my account. They have always been amazing to me. I don't generate a ton of money for them, but they do view me as a customer that renews.

vagueoutlook

May 25, 2011
i got the original rock the island plan (13 nassau games plus 3 barclay) and had the option to add the 8 additional nassau games when they were announced (which i did, in addition to adding the 2/28 game that was moved to nassau today).

from what I can see, the exchange credit they gave me ($200) can only be applied to barclay center games. disappointing, but it's free money so i guess i shouldn't complain.

my question is if i return the barclay center tickets that were part of the plan for a credit, will that be only applicable to barclays games too or could i possibly add additional tickets one the nassau games? i'd be interested in giving up all 3 barclay center games but only if I could grab an extra ticket/better seats to a Nassau game. my ticket rep doesn't seem to know anything, she doesn't even seem aware the free credit only applies to barclays....i found out on my own by trying different scenarios on the exchange program after reading an earlier post in this thread that it may be brooklyn only.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
i got the original rock the island plan (13 nassau games plus 3 barclay) and had the option to add the 8 additional nassau games when they were announced (which i did, in addition to adding the 2/28 game that was moved to nassau today).

from what I can see, the exchange credit they gave me ($200) can only be applied to barclay center games. disappointing, but it's free money so i guess i shouldn't complain.

my question is if i return the barclay center tickets that were part of the plan for a credit, will that be only applicable to barclays games too or could i possibly add additional tickets one the nassau games? i'd be interested in giving up all 3 barclay center games but only if I could grab an extra ticket/better seats to a Nassau game. my ticket rep doesn't seem to know anything, she doesn't even seem aware the free credit only applies to barclays....i found out on my own by trying different scenarios on the exchange program after reading an earlier post in this thread that it may be brooklyn only.
It's my understanding that you can only use the credit for Barclays games. That is what the email said and if you try to add seats to a Nassau game, you will be prompted for a credit card number.

I have been blowing through my credit and trying to sell them at 75 cents on the dollar and thus far have been able to do that.

vagueoutlook

May 25, 2011
It's my understanding that you can only use the credit for Barclays games. That is what the email said and if you try to add seats to a Nassau game, you will be prompted for a credit card number.

I have been blowing through my credit and trying to sell them at 75 cents on the dollar and thus far have been able to do that.

so theoretically speaking, if i were to return a nassau ticket for a credit, i would only be able to use the credit for a brooklyn game? was hoping the "free" credit was the only one designated for brooklyn-only. that could become problematic when there's no brooklyn games after mid-february. selling is definitely the better option if that's the case.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

I was told pretty much the same thing - when I pressed them on it, they were a little unsure about it. But, you aren't able to use your credit until 28 days out anyway so there's no way to check at this point. Even if you are able to do it, they'll price them so high that your credit will be next to worthless.

I was playing around with the adding ticket options and getting extra tix for the Devils game rinkside - with club access - was $1.5k. In contrast, I paid $150 for the Sharks game.

Reactions: vagueoutlook

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
so theoretically speaking, if i were to return a nassau ticket for a credit, i would only be able to use the credit for a brooklyn game? was hoping the "free" credit was the only one designated for brooklyn-only. that could become problematic when there's no brooklyn games after mid-february. selling is definitely the better option if that's the case.
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe that if you're in Always Isles, you can swap Nassau games under the missed game program.

Last edited:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Is anyone else missing the 2/28 tickets from their account? I just sold mine and I need to transfer tickets over to the buyer, but they're not in my account right now.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Is anyone else missing the 2/28 tickets from their account? I just sold mine and I need to transfer tickets over to the buyer, but they're not in my account right now.
Presumably they haven’t taken care of the switch from Barclays to NVMC for that game, which is why that one is missing

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
What's up with the way the member exchange works? I exchanged/upgraded my seats for tomorrow, and added the tickets to Google Pay from the account manager. But the member exchange portion of the app says something about "staff validate?" Do I have to pull up the NHL app and go to the member exchange to get in the seats? Or can I just use the new tickets as normal?

DonMurdochs8ball

Nov 24, 2015
Just saw the email. I'll be in section 128 Row 7.
I'll be in section 128 Row 4. Stop by for a chat. My son will have his Josh Bailey jersey on. Me, I usually wear a different shade of blue but I'll be rooting for you guys that night. Didn't like what Tavares did to you (plus my kid cried his eyes out that day) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad