Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I have a friend who got screwed by the Rangers when they remodeled. He had great seats behind one of the goals low down but not ice level as I recall. They moved him without notice. When he complained, they told him he had to pay up before they would even consider moving him elsewhere. He has given up his tickets.
Rangers (and Knicks) screwed a lot of people when MSG was renovated. Jets and Giants screwed a lot of people when they moved to the Meadowlands. What the Islanders did here was a bit different since they didn't announce anything until after everyone committed to their locations in Barclays (at least that's my understanding).

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
Rangers (and Knicks) screwed a lot of people when MSG was renovated. Jets and Giants screwed a lot of people when they moved to the Meadowlands. What the Islanders did here was a bit different since they didn't announce anything until after everyone committed to their locations in Barclays (at least that's my understanding).
I agree that what the Isles did was worse for that reason. I wonder if anyone tried to get their money back and what the response was. I suspect they just returned the money; I am looking at my original agreement and it was for the Barc only so I think they would be embarrassed to be sued by anyone who renewed before the Nassau games were announced and wanted their money back.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I agree that what the Isles did was worse for that reason. I wonder if anyone tried to get their money back and what the response was. I suspect they just returned the money; I am looking at my original agreement and it was for the Barc only so I think they would be embarrassed to be sued by anyone who renewed before the Nassau games were announced and wanted their money back.

Sued? All you have to do is simply ask them for your money back and they'll gladly give it to you. They told me as much yesterday. No reason to sue. The Nassau seats are far more valuable than the Barclays one. They'll happily convert your full season to a Barclays only package. While it is a little unusual that they switched the location of half the team's games after they locked in your STH deposit/agreement, they'll pretty much do whatever you want to fix it. I'm sure you can bail on the entire season if you push hard enough.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Just got this note from the Isles:

We hope you’ve been enjoying the summer and are already looking forward to the start of the 2018-19 season! We are pleased to share some updates that will enhance your membership and experience at Islanders games.

Beginning with the 2018-19 season, mobile tickets will become the universal entry method for all New York Islanders home games, replacing PDFs and the print at home option. This means that you no longer need to print tickets for Islanders games! We’re looking forward to improving your experience on game nights by providing a more convenient and efficient entry while also protecting the value and authenticity of your tickets. You will still be able to use Account Manager to access, forward, sell and donate your tickets completely free of charge.
We are also excited to share details of our exclusive member programs:
Experience App Credit – use to secure additional seats and/or upgrade your seats*

Seat LocationALWAYS ISLES FullALWAYS ISLES HalfTraditional FullTraditional Half
Rinkside$1,200$600$1,000$500
Lower Level$800$400$600$300
Upper Level$600$300$400$200
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Return Game Program – return games you can’t attend and receive Isles Experience Credit equal to the value of your tickets for such games*

ALWAYS ISLES FullALWAYS ISLES HalfTraditional FullTraditional Half
UnlimitedUnlimited165
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Missed Game Program – replace games you missed with an upcoming game**

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
If you have any questions, please contact your Member Services Account Manager directly. You can also email [email protected].
Sincerely,
New York Islanders

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Just got this note from the Isles:

We hope you’ve been enjoying the summer and are already looking forward to the start of the 2018-19 season! We are pleased to share some updates that will enhance your membership and experience at Islanders games.

Beginning with the 2018-19 season, mobile tickets will become the universal entry method for all New York Islanders home games, replacing PDFs and the print at home option. This means that you no longer need to print tickets for Islanders games! We’re looking forward to improving your experience on game nights by providing a more convenient and efficient entry while also protecting the value and authenticity of your tickets. You will still be able to use Account Manager to access, forward, sell and donate your tickets completely free of charge.
We are also excited to share details of our exclusive member programs:
Experience App Credit – use to secure additional seats and/or upgrade your seats*

Seat LocationALWAYS ISLES FullALWAYS ISLES HalfTraditional FullTraditional Half
Rinkside$1,200$600$1,000$500
Lower Level$800$400$600$300
Upper Level$600$300$400$200
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Return Game Program – return games you can’t attend and receive Isles Experience Credit equal to the value of your tickets for such games*

UnlimitedUnlimited165
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Missed Game Program – replace games you missed with an upcoming game**

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
If you have any questions, please contact your Member Services Account Manager directly. You can also email [email protected].
Sincerely,
New York Islanders
Seems like the Isles changed the way they give out credits from seniority based to location/plan based.:(

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Seems like the Isles changed the way they give out credits from seniority based to location/plan based.:(
Didn't we get a lot more credit to start out last year? I thought i had over $2k in credit. Maybe I'm mis-remembering though.

Edit (2 seconds later)....I just realized that its $800 per seat. That makes a big difference there.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Didn't we get a lot more credit to start out last year? I thought i had over $2k in credit. Maybe I'm mis-remembering though.

Edit (2 seconds later)....I just realized that its $800 per seat. That makes a big difference there.
I just spoke to my rep. There will be Legacy credits for seniority again this season in addition to what was described in that email.

Reactions: sabremike

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Part of me misses the 7 dollar tickets, to sit practically anywhere cause it was empty AND free Chipotle across the street after the game......

But then I realize I'm an 'adult' now and would like my team to be as well.

Reactions: bigtim1988 and MJF

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Part of me misses the 7 dollar tickets, to sit practically anywhere cause it was empty AND free Chipotle across the street after the game......

But then I realize I'm an 'adult' now and would like my team to be as well.

Pretty sure I saw $6 tickets on STubhub many times last year. That's like 1 better than $7 (not factoring in the fees of course).

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone know when we can start using the credit they gave us for extra games or when the portal will be turned on?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Are they issuing lanyards this season or will I have to pull out my phone every time I go back to my seat after getting a beer or using the bathroom?

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
What they did to me was,I have section 203 row 11 in Nassau and then they gave me the last row at Barclays ,they claim it’s same ticket value ...so I went on Ticketmaster and seen the price for those horrible seats were$16 and yet they claim they were the same as $65 seats at the Coliseum.
They promised me all sorts of tickets for the draft,blue white game,meet and greets ,even free tickets to a coliseum event, never received any of those...when I contacted them and told them how disappointed I was I never received a response!
Will never purchase a ticket from the Islanders again,love the team but the con job they pull is a disgrace!

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
What they did to me was,I have section 203 row 11 in Nassau and then they gave me the last row at Barclays ,they claim it’s same ticket value ...so I went on Ticketmaster and seen the price for those horrible seats were$16 and yet they claim they were the same as $65 seats at the Coliseum.
They promised me all sorts of tickets for the draft,blue white game,meet and greets ,even free tickets to a coliseum event, never received any of those...when I contacted them and told them how disappointed I was I never received a response!
Will never purchase a ticket from the Islanders again,love the team but the con job they pull is a disgrace!
If you ever want to purchase from me, let me know. I am not the Isles.

On a serious note, when you go on Ticketmaster, those prices chance constantly. You should check the chart on the website with the color codes.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Have you gone up the chain? Don't tell me you let this go.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Are they issuing lanyards this season or will I have to pull out my phone every time I go back to my seat after getting a beer or using the bathroom?

This.

Nothing pisses me off more than "Woah woah woah. SIR! MAY I SEE YOUR TICKET!"

Uhhh yeah, you did, three f***ing times already.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
This.

Nothing pisses me off more than "Woah woah woah. SIR! MAY I SEE YOUR TICKET!"

Uhhh yeah, you did, three ****ing times already.

Honestly, Barclays is going to be so empty this year that the ushers will probably be able to remember ever single person sitting in their section.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Does anyone have a link to the schedule in spreadsheet form (or a suggestion to easily download it)? I think someone sent it to me last year and it was really helpful.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone know when the STH portal will be up for purchasing additional games.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I just got an email for complimentary tickets to the opener on Saturday. I guess renewals are down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad